• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Ebay Account Scam? (1 Viewer)

Poyo Dance

RedCents
I heard of the nightmares people have gone through purchasing game items otherwise listed as "time put in" on sites like ebay, and other auctioning sites. My question is if you have purchased an account on ebay, and the seller decides to get his account back and not return your money, can Ebay legally reimburse the buyer of his or her money? I've seen scammers do this with accounts, list and resell them to people.

You don't buy using ebay, thus ebay are not liable for anything at all. You may, however be able to claim back through Paypal (if you paid using it!) if you can prove to them that you have been scammed.

Ebay reports your IP addy to Sony if you buy/sell an account btw. Spoof your address and make sure the seller did too.

I had this happen to my guild just a while back. Our MT bought his account back in the POP area with decent gear at the time. He really built up his character since then, and was one of the top warriors on the server. Well the original account owner said his account was hacked and supplied the original account info. SOE took his account from him. He hasn’t gotten back a dime since then.

SO BEWARE. I personally would ask for a telephone number and make sure it works for him. Then reverse Phone # to get an address. Or run a line trace. Just make sure you have as much info as possible. That way if he does take you account you can go to his house with a bat and get you $300+ back from him. Maybe have him sign a contract stating that he can not take the account back. It wont hold up in court because its an illegal action but at least you might scare him enough to not try to get it back.

Just be careful

You are not legally allowed to sell/buy/trade accounts, therefore, because no sale has taken place, E-Bay can not do anything to help you.

Never, ever, ever buy an account. Ever. Not even a subscribed one with no characters. Period.

This is basically someone selling a bridge they don't own. If you're dumb enough to buy it, you deserved to get scammed.

I have purchased 4 accounts over the last 8 years of EQ, I still have all of them. One of the owners has conntacted me about the account asking how the toon was and what I have done, he explained he had quit, and then come back to play on a new server, he then asked me if I could pass some gear off a toon he had made on that server, NP sure.

I have contacted on of the other origanal owners about his secert question, and was given the anwser... I guess all I am trying to say is, not everyone is a schmuck trying to rip people off...

Then again I got the accounts from people selling lower lvl toons, with little gear and needing some work to begin with and paid very little.

Pide said:
You are not legally allowed to sell/buy/trade accounts, therefore, because no sale has taken place, E-Bay can not do anything to help you.

Never, ever, ever buy an account. Ever. Not even a subscribed one with no characters. Period.

This is basically someone selling a bridge they don't own. If you're dumb enough to buy it, you deserved to get scammed.

Iv'e been on both sides of the spectrum.

I will never buy an account again. It's not worth it. I, however, was blessed enough to not get scammed on the account that I purchased. I ended up selling the account and blizz closed it down after a period of time. Not my fault, but the guy that bought it ended up getting screwed.

Its something that had gone on in my guild, a guildmate purchased A toon from ebay, the seller decided to get it back telling blizzard his account had been hacked. Turns out the individual had resold the same toon to over 3 people, and im wondering couldnt he be held somehow legally accountable for something

Technically by selling it on ebay to someone else you are signing a contract saying that you are giving all of your rights of that item to the other person. Its in ebay's contract that you agree to when you sign up.... amazing that I actually read that crap huh?

Ebay Account Scam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back