• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Easy/Fast LDoN Points (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
90¢
Its simple, get yourself and a couple of friends to shrouded down to Level 20. Get a LDoN mission. breeze through it (Approx 10 minutes or less level 20 average missions are godly easy). And you get the same number of LDoN points as if you just did a mission without the shroud as your regular level.

Basically, avoid the hassle of redoing LDoN's over days, cut it down to 10 minutes a mission, and get just as many points as you normally would.

Exp sucks tho, right? Or no? Are you noticing decent shroud progression like this?

-CodeCaster

Eh exp is alright....if you wanted to shroud progress I highly suggest doing is level 5 style or so with a druid or such PL'ing. This is more so just for fast LDoN points for augs or spells that you don't use much but sometimes *need* high end or middle end...who knows. Still getting 51 Points or so for finishing missions in level 20 shrouds is nice....I haven't test at a level 70 average group yet to see if it will give you double the points in a 20 shroud.

I seriously doubt it, since the average level of your group would change and you would get booted. I've seen people ding halfway thru an LDoN and screw the entire group because the task would boot everyone.

-CodeCaster

Except the premise of this is, you're all level 20, yet it awards you the amount of points it normally would without using a shroud.

Mochila said:
Except the premise of this is, you're all level 20, yet it awards you the amount of points it normally would without using a shroud.

Ah, well that's a bug for sure then. lmao...

-CodeCaster

ohsfatty said:
can you get the mission as the level 20 then unshroud back to your normal level and do this?

No, it won't let you zone into the mission once you change back to your level.

They're all pretty easy.....I think east commonlands is easiest though...very low amount of casters...and when there are casters, they don't nuke much :)

I had to do everfrost for the points I needed though /shrug

Is there a specific kind of mission you do that is quicker. Collection? Mob Count? Rescue?

And from what im gathering, if you are all lvl 70 this does not work?

Grishnar said:
And from what im gathering, if you are all lvl 70 this does not work?

Seems about correct.....Not sure on the highest levels it will work for, but for me it gives me points as though I was 65...when I'm in a lvl 20 shroud.

and...

Grishnar said:
Is there a specific kind of mission you do that is quicker. Collection? Mob Count? Rescue?

Collect is the fastest...Look for mid 20's. # of items needed.

Mochilla, What's your group level make up? I haven't seen anyone confirm this works and Army says it doesn't work with level 70's...

I might stay 69 and grind out the points/aug stats if this gets confirmed.

-SimpleMynd

I've been using a 65 character for it, and I'm fairly positive it works with lower level chars too. Problem was I've never had anyone post 65 in my group and trying this....If it works for 69's and below thats great. It might not work because 70's are assigned a hard mission by default....and non 60's and lower aren't... I'm not sure what else would through that off...Try it...can't hurt. Shrouded missions take a few minutes to do.

If you're lvl 70, chances are you're not doing these for the points anyway. The only reason I would do this is for the wins to lvl up my charm augment, other than that, even for a guild that's only elemental, LDoN points are worthless at 70...

Tried this tonight with my 63 ranger, wife's 57 chanter, and her level 20 BST. Shrouded the 2 high levels down to 20 and at the end of the mission, was rewarded 1 point. Guess this has been nerfed, unless I missed some important detail. Was really bummed. Was looking forward to finally getting all those damn LDoN only spells.

if this is going to work, i think all three toons have to be within 10 lvls before shrouding down. I think your lvl 20 is what screwed you, assuming this actually works.

If this worked before, it doesn't now. Me and the wife did a run thru an adventure this morning, all characters recieved 1 adventure point. All toons were shrouded to 20, no level 70's. Highest was my ranger at level 63. I'm never gonna get those damn LDoN spells.......

Were all toons within 10 levels of eachother *BEFORE* being shrouded?

If not, that's why it didn't work.

-CodeCaster

No, they weren't all within 10 levels before shrouded, but I dont see how that would matter for a LDoN. As far as the game is concerned, when you shroud, you are that level and class. Aren't points in LDoN rewarded based on the individual level of the toon? But hell, I'd love to be proven wrong on this. I've tried this multiple times with various level toons, some shrouded, all shrouded, in as many different ways as I can think of, and it's not worked for me. Guildy interest in trying to make this work has about dried up, lol.

BTW, how do I get my username changed from my email addy. I've gone thru the options and FAQ stuff and just can't find the info.

No, they weren't all within 10 levels before shrouded, but I dont see how that would matter for a LDoN. As far as the game is concerned, when you shroud, you are that level and class. Aren't points in LDoN rewarded based on the individual level of the toon? But hell, I'd love to be proven wrong on this. I've tried this multiple times with various level toons, some shrouded, all shrouded, in as many different ways as I can think of, and it's not worked for me. Guildy interest in trying to make this work has about dried up, lol.

It's a bug... Bugs usually don't make sense. ;) See, what is happening to you is what is *supposed* to happen. But you need to have all your toons within the normal LDoN group range of 10 *prior* to shrouding to get the bug to work. I guess in one place sony is making the level comparison before shrouding and doing it after shrouding somewhere else, and this is why it will only work within those parameters.

BTW, how do I get my username changed from my email addy. I've gone thru the options and FAQ stuff and just can't find the info.

Need to email RedBot or Creed about this... I'm sure they won't mind fixing this for you.

-CodeCaster

I just thought maybe you should try getting a hard ldon while shrouded at level 20? Because level 70 ldons are just hard 65 ones. Just a thought if anyone wants to give it a go.

NVM, i was screwing it up ....

Has this been nerf'd? I just tired it with a 60 chanty, 652 Rogue, and 69 Cleric, shrouded down to level 20 zerker's. unshrouded the cleric and it wont let him back in. or am I doing it wrong?

he's what i am doing ...

Getting adv with three lvl 20 zerkers.
Zone everyone into the adv.
Spirit send the cleric to pok, unshroud
run the cleric back to adv and get message stating that i no longer meet the req's.

this was happening before so I have a feeling I am screwing something up

with LDoN's there is a 7 level difference requirement, which means that if one of the characters is more than 7 levels difference, they cannot zone back into the adventure. Did you try reshrouding to lvl 20 and going back in?

How it used to work is group characters that could normally group together. (10 level difference I believe it is now). Say 55-65 lvl group. Go shroud down people, then go get LDoN mission, complete it, and get the Points equal to an amount based off your real level.

This is still working, like Mochilla said though you do the mission at that shroded form but when done you get th epoints that a level 70 would have gotten for a level 70 mission

i will have to try again... so far i have only gotten 1 point ldon.... that is with 3 lvl 70 toons shrouded to lvl 20

/sigh

armysoldier said:
i will have to try again... so far i have only gotten 1 point ldon.... that is with 3 lvl 70 toons shrouded to lvl 20

I tried this yesterday as well, and only got 1 point for completing the ldon's when shrouded to level 20.

ok i have tried this and this does work because of the average level change to 10 instead of 5 have your group of level 70 have 3 of them shrowd to 60 get mission, unshrowd do mission. its cake walk then xp sucks but you still get xp and you get full ldon points. and credit for mission complete. step it up further for better loot and go hard which is basicallly what mission would of been before shrowd. make ssure no more then half rounded down are shrowd to 60 because the average level has to be 65.
this works also for DoN missions where you would walk into mission with nothing but yellow and reds unable to mezz nor pacify this will drop them down to 65 to 67 and will reduce mission crystal slightly but make the mission cake to walk thru before timer resets.
key points to note is that you must not shrowd lower then 10 levels lower then the highest person in group, this is for basically level 70s who are just looking for progress to be finished or quick points because they are running bots etc. There are issues when you try to do lower levels for somereason the change in average level is compared also you can not add someone to mission afterward.

This has been nerfed.

1. Shrouding down to level 20's with all characters will yield 1 ldon point.

2. Shrouding down to a lower level and unshrouding to reduce the level of the mission no longer works, even if you are within the 10 level limit (ie 60 to 70). I havent tried it with the the 5 level limit as Docsyn posted. But with the ten level change, you will get a message when you attempt to zone back in unshrouded form stating something to the effect that you have changed and you will not be allowed back in until you return to the form you got the mission with.

Last edited:
Easy/Fast LDoN Points
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back