• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Earthshaker nerfed (1 Viewer)

aamlord

RedCents
10¢
As per today's (Sept 5) patch, weapon no longer procs on any mobs other than your own target. So Earthshaker ramp no longer works. It still procs but only on one mob and not on other mob. Looks like a major nerf to PLing and tradeskill farming.

There's been a few in game trying to sell ES, mostly around 1 million. It is largely useless and no longer worth that much.

I still find it stupid that sony would make a weapon with an AE proc and then make that AE proc only hit one mob...

Jmo, it will still hit multiple mobs,
but only OFF procs on one target.

So you might get 2-3 procs per minute (depending on your AA and dex) just like regular weapon and the AOE will hit the mobs nearby, but you won't be able to pull 50 mobs, hit Rampage ability and slaughter PoFire.

You would need to pull alot more than 50 mobs in pofire, and have multiple shakers.

I think the biggest reason bluebies called for the nerf to ES pulls is because of common misconceptions about them.

Firstly, the reward is great, but no where near some estimates I hear from bluebie. The best ES pull I ever pulled on my warrior, I was ungrouped, had my shaman box slow and puma me, popped my lesson and ES'd every mob in pov for 18aa's in 1 pull.

In a group, all group members get anywhere from 1-3aa's per pull, depending on the amount of mobs that die. 99.9999% you dont kill most of the mobs and die at the end.

I was in a bluebie general chat and some dude was like "haha now warriors can't es 30 aas every 20 minutes anymore"... well first off we can only do it every 40 mins.

Also, you can't even get good AAs or exp after 70, there are just no zones where esing is plausible after that. So whats the problem?

In order to pull of you need to spec your warriors AA's to es'ing. Your first 200-250 aa's are going to so you can stop pulling poinnovation and move onto povalor or dranik hallows. And innovation is shitty exp.

Not to mention the amount of skill needed to pull one off, the set up of an enchanter or shaman to slow you, etc. its retarded that after 4 years of warriors having a quirky little trick that so few could do and/or pull of they decide to ninja-nerf it like this.

I just dont understand why bluebies are rejoicing over this, i dont see how it affected their gameplay. Everyone on zek is pissed cuz we hate killing mobs designed to be defeated etc. its why we are so far behind in progression we just like fightin eachother.

my theory to why the sudden nerf: maybe there is some content in the new expansion they dont want warriors to es

I like how people compare quirky little trick to one to three people being able to clear an entire zone of mobs in a few seconds.

People are crying bloody murder for ES nerf, but really, what other class can clear an entire zone in seconds? No one. Better yet, who should be able to? No one.

from the new patch:

Procs not working correctly
- This has been addressed and procs that were affected are now working as intended.

was something broken with procs or is this a potential un-nerfing?

darkeros said:
People are crying bloody murder for ES nerf, but really, what other class can clear an entire zone in seconds? No one. Better yet, who should be able to? No one.
Wizards with their directional ae's can clear all of icefall glacier without dying as long as you don't pull mobs that summon. Sure, it takes more than a few seconds, but w/ 6 wizards doing a 2473 damage directional ae, no max # of targets, and gets all focus/aa benefits... instant cast, recast of 12 seconds... so every 12 seconds you're prolly doing around 3.5--4k+ damage per wizard per mob.

Edit: looked on allah's apparently decently geard wizards are doing an average of 5k+ per cast and critting for over 10k without a problem.

Last edited:
anyone got a beam kite macro yet? lol

it used to go

/1 ES pulls seeks shaman for slow

now we are gonna be seeing

/1 BK pulls seeks necro for twitch

lolz

Earthshaker nerfed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back