• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

News - Earthrise - PvP MMORPG going beta this summer (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
89,026¢
Pronouns
He/Him
http://www.play-earthrise.com/

Earthrise is an upcoming Sci-Fi MMORPG by Bulgarian Masthead Studios that has apparently been in development for 2 years and was officially announced only last month. At first glance, it appears to be very PvP-friendly.

Some key things I noticed when reading a bit on their site:

- no instancing
- no hard-coded safe zones (I assume they mean there'll be relatively safe areas like cities where you'll get raped by NPC guards if you try to PK)
- full loot drop on death except "insured" items, unless you pay some huge fee after death to get the item back (i.e. insuring items you want is encouraged)
- skill based system (not class based) with an unannounced twist
- beta targetting this summer/fall

Other neat things:

- post-apocalyptic sci-fi: guns, hover boards, power armour and mechs!
- open explorable world as opposed to WoW-like railroaded tour from level 1 to 70
- "territorial conquest"
- "deep crafting system"
- proprietary engine

Yes it all looks good, but WHEN are get going to see it?

I mean, take Fallen Earth. Probably the closest thing to Fallout Online we are ever going to get... that is, unless Interplay goes and MAKES Fallout Online... however they have been in development since the early naughties ( circa 2002 ) and they are STILL in pre-beta phase.

Nice game, wake me from my MMO crap-o-rama coma when its done.

If they made a medieval one thats 100% skill based and doesn't have anything for classes, I'd be all over it!.
But like I said in IRC. One of the main things I hate about most mmo's/rpg's is that you max out in skills. IE. you can only have 4 ranks in such and such skill, 5 in that one, 8 in this one over here, etc.
I'd prefer to just have a formula that gives a diminishing return. That way people can "specialize" in what they want to and not just be cookie-cutter copies of each other.

Well, if AoC fails, this looks like my next option. Unless of course miraculously Darkfall makes it out of vaporware stage.

If EVE has proved anything to me, it's that it takes small Euro developers to have the balls to get outside the box the US and Korean MMO markets have built themselves into.

So you're giving up MMOs huh? That's a shame.

I signed up for the Darkfall guild beta in... shit... um... June? I think... of 2005... and it was supposed to be starting fall 05. It's now 2008, and as far as I know, they haven't started it at all yet and are still only doing internal testers. Seriously... 2.5 years. That's not just a pushback, that's fuckin vaporware.

This game looks very fun. I think the concept of a game that dumps class bases and actually lets the player fight with skill is a great one.

Personally, I am going to be following this game closely and look forward to how it unfolds. I hope that it will be a great one!

Thanks for sharing bot.

News - Earthrise - PvP MMORPG going beta this summer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back