• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Dying from falling on with no dropping (1 Viewer)

RedCents
400¢
Hey guys,

For months now if I 1. don't have levitate in levitatable zones or 2. do OR do not have levitate on in zones where levitate is not allowed, I fall to my death. I'm talking any deviation from what is the "flat" area, whether it is a simple rock on the ground or a steps by a door, i fall for 200k. Sometimes i fall for 200k twice in a row for instant death. The zone or expansion does not matter. Having bard speed on seems to make it happen guaranteed, but it still seems to happen without bard speed at times as well.
Any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks!

you are mega encumbered
i had same issue for weeks, i couldnt understand why my dude was getting killed just running on flat curvy areas
but i had accidently grabbed my mega heavy bags from my bank, instead of my light bags, and was like at 2k wt over weight, and the effin ui couldnt display it.

Actually, i just sold like 5,000 diamonds/blue diamonds before i read these replies, so that very well could have been it. I did the math, and the weight of the gems would have encumbered me. Thanks guys!

You don't have to be encumbered to fall to your death. There's a formula for how much damage you take based on weight. Not sure on the formula for itself but just for example falling for 10 feet might be 10 damage at 0 weight and 1000 damage at 100 weight. Stepping off a sidewalk in POK with 100,000 copper caused a different amount of damage than doing the same 500,000 copper. Before they made gold silver and copper zero weight. Used to stand in the fountain on the good side of PoK and give 1000 platinum to the first person to hail me (I'd hand it to them in copper). When they'd try to step off the fountain they'd die heh.

Discussion - Dying from falling on with no dropping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back