• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Dual Invis (1 Viewer)

RedCents
182¢
Would Love to see a command line that will let My cleric and mage or wiz cast perm ivu and reg invis at same time. have been in groups where players do this and when timed right gives both reg and ivu. Please let me know how to setup a hot key to do this. should not be illegal as groups can already do this.

I've not been in game since the switch to MQNext so I'm assuming nothing changed for that, but you could easily do this from your driver by setting up a social. I'm using EQBC terms, but just adapt for Dannet if you're using that.

/bct ClericName //alt activate 1212 (group perfected ivu) /pause 2 /bct CasterName //alt activate 1210 (group perfected invis)

That should be it. That just tells the cleric to cast the group ivu, pauses for 1/5th of a second, then tells the caster to cast group invis. - All that's important for double invis to work is that the cleric starts the non-instant cast ivu and then, while it's casting, the caster casts their instant cast invis. So if the timing is messed up, you should only need to change the pause duration.

Keep in mind there is a different alt activate code if the ivu is being cast by pure casters instead, so adjust accordingly.

Would Love to see a command line that will let My cleric and mage or wiz cast perm ivu and reg invis at same time. have been in groups where players do this and when timed right gives both reg and ivu. Please let me know how to setup a hot key to do this. should not be illegal as groups can already do this.
I have some examples in my hotkey guide in my signature

I have some examples in my hotkey guide in my signature
I'm going to cuddle up with my Ipad and go thru each of Sic's sig links now! It's going to be like a good book! Then when I go to implement them the results will be straight out a Stephen King novel....... the horror....

This is a bit verbose and I might have swiped this from Sic or someone else but I alias this to /invis in my macroquest.ini so I can have any characters I'm with cast their respective spells. The bard will always attempt to selo first.

/invis:
/noparse /dggae /multiline ; /if (${Me.Class.Name.Equal[Bard]}) /alt activate 3704; /if (${Me.Class.Name.Equal[Bard]}) /twist off; /if (${Me.Class.Name.Equal[Bard]}) /stopsong; /if (${Me.Class.Name.Equal[Bard]}) /timed 10 /casting "Shauri's Sonorous Clouding"; /if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[group perfected invisibility]}) /casting "group perfected invisibility"; /if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[group perfected invisibility to undead]}) /casting "group perfected invisibility to undead"

I think you are still trying to overcomplicate the situation. Lets keep it simple. You always drive from one toon dont you?

Make a hotkey on his/her UI

This hotkey just has 2 lines.... just a simple normal everyday hotkey.

/dex BobtheCleric /alt activate 1212
/dex WiztheWizard /alt activate 1210

That is it. Change the name of Bob and Wiz to whatever toons are in your group and just see if we can get them both casting before we complicate the matter.

You should see them both start to cast at the same time.

I use a bard for my double invis BUT this is my hotkey
/dgae /dismount
/dexecute bardname /multiline ;/mqp on ;/timed 5 /twist off ;/timed 10 /alt activate 3704;/timed 15 /alt activate 231

The problem is there are occasionally trash mobs that see through Bard invis as it is not perfected. I use:

Bard Double:
/noparse /dgga /if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[BRD]}) /multiline ; /mqp on ; /timed 2 /twist stop ; /alt activate 3704 ; /timed 5 /alt activate 231

This keeps names out of hotkeys and commands. I also am never mounted, found it was better overall for my playstyle.

The problem is there are occasionally trash mobs that see through Bard invis as it is not perfected. I use:

Bard Double:
/noparse /dgga /if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[BRD]}) /multiline ; /mqp on ; /timed 2 /twist stop ; /alt activate 3704 ; /timed 5 /alt activate 231

This keeps names out of hotkeys and commands. I also am never mounted, found it was better overall for my playstyle.
Nice Shadow! Love this :)

Bard Double:

The only thing perfected does is make it perm..

1656165416108.png

Wizard

1656165438338.png

Bard

The only thing perfected does is make it perm..

View attachment 40557

Wizard

View attachment 40558

Bard
I move a full group of toons around at the same time from the same starting location to the same destination using only Bard double invis. 4-5 times in the last 2 weeks, one of those toons passing the same mobs with everything on manual/paused, etc will drop invis and pick up agro while moving as a group within a few feet from each other. I chose the wrong words unfortunately in my response. My apologies. I should have said that it can and will drop at inopportune times.

Unfortunately for me, my group makeup allows for ITU only, so usually pretty worthless as I have not brought my Mage up to speed gearwise. I like the melee group.

Last edited:
I move a full group of toons around at the same time from the same starting location to the same destination using only Bard double invis. 4-5 times in the last 2 weeks, one of those toons passing the same mobs with everything on manual/paused, etc will drop invis and pick up agro while moving as a group within a few feet from each other. I chose the wrong words unfortunately in my response. My apologies. I should have said that it can and will drop at inopportune times.

Unfortunately for me, my group makeup allows for ITU only, so usually pretty worthless as I have not brought my Mage up to speed gearwise. I like the melee group.
Bard aa invis at full rank is a guaranteed duration. It does not drop randomly like the old school invis. If you're getting agro, it's either because someone is breaking it or you're getting caught by actual see-invis flagged mobs.

This hotkey works, and once again keeps names out of hotkeys.

ENC + CLR Dual Invis:
/echo Perfect Dual Invis
/noparse /dgga /if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[CLR]}) /alt activate 1212
/noparse /dgga /if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[ENC]}) /alt activate 1210

This hotkey works, and once again keeps names out of hotkeys.

ENC + CLR Dual Invis:
/echo Perfect Dual Invis
Thanks @Shadow . Now I can just copy and paste. I am a big fam of using variables so I can easily copy layouts across accounts. Was wondering if perhaps I should add a brief pause in between each activations to take into account any possible server lag.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Thanks @Shadow . Now I can just copy and paste. I am a big fam of using variables so I can easily copy layouts across accounts. Was wondering if perhaps I should add a brief pause in between each activations to take into account any possible server lag.

Be well. Happy gaming.
No pause is needed. What is worst case scenario? One doesn't cast, and you wait a few seconds and do it again? I don't have any issues and of course these are interchangeable. Have a Wiz or Mag? Swap them for the Enc in the hotkey.

Hi all,

Stupid question. If you go Group Perfect Dual Invis, is there anything in the game that will see through either Invis? I am I correct in asserting that with a level 75+ cleric and a level 76+ enchanter, I can waltz through any zone and have no fear of being seen? If that is the case, for me at these mid/lower levels, it is a game changer in traveling and setting up.

Be well. Happy gaming.

90% of the time its only Named mobs that see through invis. You may run into the occasional normal mob that can see through invis so rest assured you can still get squashed....but as a general rule you will be fine.

Hi all,

For the life of me I cannot get this to work. Everyone in the group except the cleric and enchanter get the dual invis. The cleric and enchanter are only getting regular invis.

I have tried using /timed 4, /pause 2, but still only getting one of the two buffs on the ones casting the AA.

Thanks for any insight.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Last edited:
I now have buttonmaster up and running with simple lines
/dex name /alt activate 1210
/dex name /timed 4 /alt activate 1212
I use name as I have several that cast same spell.
I also had to vary timer to get to work every time
this setup works on dannet

Update:

This worked. I am wondering if the order was the key. When I placed the regular invis first to fire, both the cleric and enchanter have the buff. My next trouble shooting will be to see about changing the /dex name to /dgae if

Be well Happy gaming.

Hi all,

For the life of me I cannot get this to work. Everyone in the group except the cleric and enchanter get the dual invis. The cleric and enchanter are only getting regular invis.

I have tried using /timed 4, /pause 2, but still only getting one of the two buffs on the ones casting the AA.

Thanks for any insight.

Be well. Happy gaming.
You can't use a comma with timed

Good: /timed 5 /do the thing 5 deciseconds later
Bad: /timed 5, /do the thing immediately where the timed is ignored

Yet another update:

Order matters. This did not work as intended.

/echo Perfect Dual Invis

But when you change the order to

/echo Perfect Dual Invis

It works like a charm.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Hi all,

Stupid question. If you go Group Perfect Dual Invis, is there anything in the game that will see through either Invis? I am I correct in asserting that with a level 75+ cleric and a level 76+ enchanter, I can waltz through any zone and have no fear of being seen? If that is the case, for me at these mid/lower levels, it is a game changer in traveling and setting up.

Be well. Happy gaming.
No. There are mobs at all levels of EQ that are specifically flagged as "see invis" and invis does not work on them. Only the Rogue's SoS can avoid detection from these types of mobs. They're not limited to named rares or raid mobs either.

Yet another update:

Order matters. This did not work as intended.

/echo Perfect Dual Invis

But when you change the order to

/echo Perfect Dual Invis

It works like a charm.

Be well. Happy gaming.
Which is super odd because it works perfectly for me every time. It also works perfectly for me each time if I change the dgga to dex name with cleric 1st, enc 2nd. Here is the tricky part. It fails every time if I use my SHD in clerics spot.

No. There are mobs at all levels of EQ that are specifically flagged as "see invis" and invis does not work on them. Only the Rogue's SoS can avoid detection from these types of mobs. They're not limited to named rares or raid mobs either.
there is a named in new CC that even see through SoS.. and as you go back, there are even more :shrug: but for most uses, double invis is good enough.

Which is super odd because it works perfectly for me every time. It also works perfectly for me each time if I change the dgga to dex name with cleric 1st, enc 2nd. Here is the tricky part. It fails every time if I use my SHD in clerics spot.

Here's some food for thought. I thought I heard years ago about the concept of spellcasting haste. Perhaps timing matters so that both land within a certain window of time. Just throwing things against the wall right now to see what sticks. :)

Be well. Happy gaming.

I use SK and ENC to double invis but the method is the same. Using Dannet
INI:
/dex Enchanter /alt act 1210
/timed 3 /alt act 1212
First line starts enchanter casting group perfect invis (it has longer cast time)
Second line tells my SK to wait for 3/10ths of a second then cast perfect ivu.

Taking into account the cast times and such this makes it land every time. I basically start at /timed 2 and add +1 for every 100ms ping to server.

Request - Dual Invis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back