• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Drizzt Do'Urden - Audio books on Spotify (1 Viewer)

Wheel of Time is obviously a big one. On that vein some of the other big ones I like Shannara Series (massive and finally done). Robin Hobb both Soldier's Son series but also Fitz series (multiple). Feist the Magician Series, Brian Mclenann Powder Mage series was original and very good. Legends of First Empire seires by Michael Sullivan also very good. And I guess my last big one is Modesitt - Recluce series.
Oh man! THANK YOU!
I’d forgotten about Shannara. I don‘t remember where I left off. It’s been many years since I touched those book. And I don’t have them any longer. I’m going to Amazon right after I post and pick up the first few. I don’t remember much about it but do remember being enthralled while curled up on the couch.

BB~

Oh man! THANK YOU!
I’d forgotten about Shannara. I don‘t remember where I left off. It’s been many years since I touched those book. And I don’t have them any longer. I’m going to Amazon right after I post and pick up the first few. I don’t remember much about it but do remember being enthralled while curled up on the couch.

BB~

Which is funny because you made me remember and look up one more series. Jim Butcher, Codex Alexa series. One of my all time favorites.

*Codex Alera (but I really like his Dresden Files books).

Codex Alexa might be a different series about how Amazon's AI agent becomes a fantasy goddess.

@ChatWithThisName Sword of Truth starts off amazing and just goes down hill. Then back up hill a bit, then down hill again. I think the author got a little too preachy there.

I loved the dark elf saga. But Dragonlance by Weiss and Hickman are my favourites. And who likes these authors, has a saga that I liked almost as much as the dragonlance. The Death Gate Cycle. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_Gate_Cycle
Greetings.

Huge +++ for Death Gate Cycle

Having read damn near all the Dragonlance series, most of the Forgotten Realms ones, and a couple of Ravenloft ones (also pretty good books, standalone novels though), I highly recommend Death Gate.. Its a nice change from the D&D universe, but still very much high fantasy.

There's another novel I read years ago, by Guy Gavriel Kay, called The Fionivar Tapestry. Also along these same lines.. Its 3 books in one giant novel, another fantasy universe from the rest.

So i've been moving for the past month - unfortunately lots of driving --- ~3500 miles last month alone.

but started to listen to the Drizzt Do'Urden stories on audiobook on spotify.

So friggen good - I had tons of friends into R.A. Salvatore, but never made time to read any.

I have no idea how many more books are going to be available but im digging it

(I'm currently on Sojourn)

according to wikipedia, assuming they're on spotify, i'm in luck for a long while!

View attachment 49691
some of te best books have ever read, awesome writer, and read them all at least twice and started listening to them recently lol

Yeah.... Loved the RA Salvatore books.... Personally, I'm more of a Hickman and Wiess fan, but that's just cuz I like that world and the magic system a little more. No matter though, I'll take either world in a pinch.

Which is funny because you made me remember and look up one more series. Jim Butcher, Codex Alexa series. One of my all time favorites.
His Dresden books i really enjoy, though talk about dragging out a series. Fast reads, pulp fiction magic detective in chicago where everything ever created in mythology is real in this world. why make things up when you can just resuse old work? =)

His Dresden books i really enjoy, though talk about dragging out a series. Fast reads, pulp fiction magic detective in chicago where everything ever created in mythology is real in this world. why make things up when you can just resuse old work? =)

I tend to lean more toward fantasy so I've never tried them. I might soon though based off everybody's recommendations.

I tend to lean more toward fantasy so I've never tried them. I might soon though based off everybody's recommendations.
ive picked up a ton of real world lore from his books. ive needed to google names and entities ive not heard of before. Slightly educational from that standpoint. I love how he uses the Fey folk and farie realms. Its definitely fantasy, hidden in place sight in the real world from us rubes/muggles. No mythology is safe from Butcher to incorporate! =)

ive picked up a ton of real world lore from his books. ive needed to google names and entities ive not heard of before. Slightly educational from that standpoint. I love how he uses the Fey folk and farie realms. Its definitely fantasy, hidden in place sight in the real world from us rubes/muggles. No mythology is safe from Butcher to incorporate! =)

Interesting. Thanks for sharing I’ll have to check it out. I like Codex Alera play on the Romans also.

IRL - Drizzt Do'Urden - Audio books on Spotify

Users who are viewing this thread

Back