• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Downtime Tomorrow Morning (1 Viewer)

Half of the quests are broken, the group gear vendors show nothing, there aren't any Augs for the new nonvisables with the exception of the neck items I think. I am glad I didn't buy the expansion on more than one account.

- - - Updated - - -

Also... some of those things had already been addressed. Not sure we needed a patch for it.

Half of the quests are broken, the group gear vendors show nothing, there aren't any Augs for the new nonvisables with the exception of the neck items I think. I am glad I didn't buy the expansion on more than one account.

- - - Updated - - -

Also... some of those things had already been addressed. Not sure we needed a patch for it.

The group vendors not showing anything because they are locked behind progression -- that's intended (unless there was a different bug). This patch fixes the aug issue, but I'm sure a ton of the quests will still be broken. It's kind of fun trying to progress in broken content, makes it more challenging =P

The group vendors not showing anything because they are locked behind progression -- that's intended (unless there was a different bug). This patch fixes the aug issue, but I'm sure a ton of the quests will still be broken. It's kind of fun trying to progress in broken content, makes it more challenging =P

Not sure where you're getting that they "fixed" the aug issue. Says they added slot 9 to scaling items. Doesn't say anything about fixing all of the slot 9/5 augs to fit into the slots they're supposed to. I'm baffled how they thought the former was more important than the latter because I sure as hell haven't seen anyone <Lv 100 in TBM. /sigh

And for the armor vendors... you just need Part/Merc of Health to unlock.

Seeing the pitiful patch message, I think the server downtime was to thwart my evil plan of having 20 baz vendors on my freebie all-access alts. :)

Wow, that was a large patch... LOL
Rich (BB code):
**** Starting at Wed Dec 02 13:25:11 2015 with plug-in 1.0.3.191 ****
0e30-00:00:02:Checking game installation...
0e30-00:00:09:Found 2 file(s) to update.
1664-00:00:09:Replacing maps/beholder.txt
1664-00:00:09:Replacing maps/commonlands.txt
Finished downloading 27,067 bytes in 0.203 seconds (133,334 bytes per second)

I believe they pushed this out to force all the FTP accounts given all access offline so they couldnt just stay online and stay all access until logging out on their own. Bigger patch incoming I would imagine.

I believe they pushed this out to force all the FTP accounts given all access offline so they couldnt just stay online and stay all access until logging out on their own. Bigger patch incoming I would imagine.

Honestly doubt that. It's Wednesday (usual patch day) and they have Phinny server launching next Wednesday. They basically pushed the MQ2 detection stuff in server side so they have their week long "test" to make sure the game doesn't spontaneously burst into flames. Since they can't say... oh hey, we pushed our code in that still allows MQ2 on everything but Phinny they found a few random garbage fixes to add into the mix so it looked like a "patch".

My 2 cp at least.

no compile was required? I guess I am paranoid now with all the chatter about the mq detection stuff that happened on test. Mq works w/o a new compile so I guess it's ok ...heh

News - Downtime Tomorrow Morning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back