• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - DoT Killing Misconceptions and DoT Group Strengths (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,250¢
Right now I'm power leveling using 4 DoT casters all CTWN Plugins Shaman on DPS mode who is also the healer, Necro, Mage and Enchanter all have their rank 3 spells with crit and focus AA. Or max AA. This was the strongest group I could make including one with two Rogue with NoS weapons and max AA. How you ask?
First you have to get beyond the misconception that DoTs are ineffective in group unless they land for the entirety of the prescribed spell duration. This is of course false. If you land crits early and big the mob may not but two ticks. This is a good thing. And with rank 3 spells and focus you should land nicely. Plus you have Pets and Pet Swarm yes the newly beefed up Pet Swarm on these casters. Have you seen Pet swarm? Combine two pet swarms with Shaman and Necro DoTs landing crits nothing kills faster. At least that has been my experience, You may not have the same experience but that is why they call it Everquest. This method is working for me. I have to assume under the same conditions it will work the same for anyone.

Rob

Rob, where's the part of this conversation you are responding too because I don't know anybody arguing against the points your trying to make. If you can't make a toon with Max AA and Rank 3 spells perform well I'd have to assume it's the User not the toon screwing up.

in most melee strong groups, group content mobs die in 10-15 seconds, dots tick on hit, then 6 seconds later, so with casting time, and spell bar refresh time, you are not gonna get a lot of dottage going on, this is why people tend to say dott strong toons are not so group strong for dps

That said, anyoone doing damage is contributing, so its all up to the player to decide what works for them

try 1 necro root rot you will see a necro that solo's there damage will tick up to the point it will loose 50% of its health in one tick but it takes time.. most fights are 30 seconds or less and make a dotter useless to group.

Right now I'm power leveling using 4 DoT casters all CTWN Plugins Shaman on DPS mode who is also the healer, Necro, Mage and Enchanter all have their rank 3 spells with crit and focus AA. Or max AA. This was the strongest group I could make including one with two Rogue with NoS weapons and max AA. How you ask?
First you have to get beyond the misconception that DoTs are ineffective in group unless they land for the entirety of the prescribed spell duration. This is of course false. If you land crits early and big the mob may not but two ticks. This is a good thing. And with rank 3 spells and focus you should land nicely. Plus you have Pets and Pet Swarm yes the newly beefed up Pet Swarm on these casters. Have you seen Pet swarm? Combine two pet swarms with Shaman and Necro DoTs landing crits nothing kills faster. At least that has been my experience, You may not have the same experience but that is why they call it Everquest. This method is working for me. I have to assume under the same conditions it will work the same for anyone.

Rob
Having both…melee will always melt stuff faster…there’s also less downtime and risk since you have an actual tank holding aggro. I love casters in general and shit…mage with summoner blood-soaked em rules…but its no match for a group with well balanced synergies. Play around…you’ll see

Rob, where's the part of this conversation you are responding too because I don't know anybody arguing against the points your trying to make. If you can't make a toon with Max AA and Rank 3 spells perform well I'd have to assume it's the User not the toon screwing up.
I thought it was just a comment or view on what the title says, dots. I did not see an argument, guess I just looked at it as informative and something to consider.

Discussion - DoT Killing Misconceptions and DoT Group Strengths

Users who are viewing this thread

Back