• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Doing Progressions For The First Time (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,723¢
I've done a few with other people but never with my toon because I hate questing! But my tank needs better Augs. So I'm open to suggestions well about everything. Where to start, group makeup you name it. I'm listening. Thanks in advance.

What kind of augs you need? I see you talk a lot about FV any TOL + Type 5 Dex will do you solid. I have a tank in basic gear with 0 augs and has blown through LS progression with the group.

- might have some Type 5s TOL ones cheap for ya too ON FV

I'm fully Auged but my AC is low so hoping to go through myself to do them and get some Augs. I've done progressions with other people as many as 4 of my toons but following their lead and not all six mine.

I'm fully Auged but my AC is low so hoping to go through myself to do them and get some Augs. I've done progressions with other people as many as 4 of my toons but following their lead and not all six mine.

Hmm a F2P Tank with no Augs should be able to go through LS progression, What is your current set up and what is your current HP / AC on the (what kind of tank) Tank?

Feel like if your fully auged and stuff you should blow through LS stuff let alone any TOL / NOS stuff. I might also have some spare raid gear laying around on FV that I would sell for like 2mil worth I can throw it to you for free if it will help

Hmm a F2P Tank with no Augs should be able to go through LS progression, What is your current set up and what is your current HP / AC on the (what kind of tank) Tank?

Feel like if your fully auged and stuff you should blow through LS stuff let alone any TOL / NOS stuff. I might also have some spare raid gear laying around on FV that I would sell for like 2mil worth I can throw it to you for free if it will help
You don't understand I have a Pally with T2 armor he has about 650k HP and 10k AC I want to boost those numbers andI have never done Progressions by myself not because I can't just because I haven't.

Progression I believe started with call of the forsaken. That is where all of the hero AA's started. Also finishing each expansion from there unlocks personal trophies that will boost health, AC and spell damage and all your stats. With each trophy for your personal tribute you can turn on. An example is the the Achievement: Greater Hero of the Call. this will grant the Replica of the Qeynos Claymore. Personal trophy benefit 500 health mana endurance, 100 ac 5 heroic stats 20 spell damage and heal. Also to note the achievement Greater Answerer is a good one to do for the War class, you get the reward: Staff of Viral flux if you do not want to pull with arrows. Also you can unlock up to 4 trophies you can have active at the same time. That would be a place to start to work on your progression. I hope that info helps if that is what you mean.

If it helps, I'm biting the bullet and taking all my characters back to CotF to do the full progression onwards. I think this is where the first heroic stats came in so I'm hoping I'll get the full benefit of it.

The only thing that's a pain so far is having to get each character picking up items individually on some quests, or having to kill the mob multiple times so each character gets the recognition for it.

I think it will take me a good few months but I plan to return to ToV and CoV much tougher and hopefully better geared in terms of jewellry and augs.

See this (thanks NookieCookie): https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/heros-special-aas.76458/

Edit: Just looked at the stats on your pally and you're way ahead of me so far.. I have a122 war with 360hp and around 7k AC and a 112 SK with around 200hp and 6k AC - both in need of better AAs and gear / augs. Due to this, going back so far as CotF may not be that worthwhile for you.

If your tank just needs augs. Make a list - and go farm them.

No need to do progression or Tradeskill aug.

Here is a list of stuff from Raidloot.com. If the top tier ones are too hard - go to lower expansion ones and try them.

1702817011272.png

You don't understand I have a Pally with T2 armor he has about 650k HP and 10k AC I want to boost those numbers andI have never done Progressions by myself not because I can't just because I haven't.

ahh then with 10k AC you have damn near close max Augs, i would look at the chart above and follow that best in slot and go down the list!

Discussion - Doing Progressions For The First Time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back