• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Does this site have help for Trueboxing? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkerr

RedCents
10¢
Im planning on Trueboxing on the upcoming server Yelinak in may 2022. im new to Boxing period. Im thinking most of the stuff on this site is geared towards people Multiboxing characters on one computer?? kissassist and mq etc can or cannot be used or help with trueboxing? Can someone lead me to where help on this site for trueboxing?

Solution
I don't believe there is an area dedicated to truebox.

While a lot of users do box their characters on a single computer, there is nothing from stopping a player here using MQ from boxing using multiple computers. With that said. MQ isn't supported on truebox servers and therefore the software won't be of much use to you in that respect.

In regards to boxing manually using multiple computers my brother does this without the use of any software.
It has a lot to do with planning ahead, making hotkeys on every character and heavy use of /follow
For him, he's using 6 laptops and multiple bluetooth keypads with group members hotkeys setup in such a way that a key on the numpad corresponds to a hotkey on the character. The cleric for...
I don't believe there is an area dedicated to truebox.

While a lot of users do box their characters on a single computer, there is nothing from stopping a player here using MQ from boxing using multiple computers. With that said. MQ isn't supported on truebox servers and therefore the software won't be of much use to you in that respect.

In regards to boxing manually using multiple computers my brother does this without the use of any software.
It has a lot to do with planning ahead, making hotkeys on every character and heavy use of /follow
For him, he's using 6 laptops and multiple bluetooth keypads with group members hotkeys setup in such a way that a key on the numpad corresponds to a hotkey on the character. The cleric for example may have a 0 - 5 key assigned to target a specific group member by name and cast a preferred heal, or no heal at all and a subsequent one of the hotkeys on the numpad (6 - 9) correlating to a casted heal.
On melee or other casters it may be a /assist mainassist key and some multi-binds to assist with attacking, where he uses the "driver" toon to position the other group members by walking past a mob and then facing it, placing the boxed characters behind the mob. In the cast of a mezzer (enchanter?) you want to setup your numpad to do something like target a mob on the xtarget window perhaps that way you can mez/do other crowd control.

It's a lot more difficult to it manually obviously. But perhaps starting small and working your way up would be less overwhelming than trying to achieve a full group of characters on a truebox server. Make a tank and add a cleric and enchanter to the group. Then use the tank to fight, cleric to heal, and enchanter to address ads. Play around with the setup a bit until you're comfortable with it and then add in some DPS.

MQ doesn't work on Truebox servers

MQ is not supported and does not work on Truebox servers. DarkPaw Games doesn't want multi-boxers, and we don't want to upset the official devs.

Other tools such as MySEQ are available for truebox servers.

Solution
I played on Mangler (True box) a couple years ago and I there were a lot of multi boxers. You could spot them a mile away because they were usually the same guilds and the way they moved around and attacked was not normal. Looks like a bunch of AFK bots.

I always assumed they were using Redguides to make this work, but now I question that because I think Redguides does not work on True box servers like Mangler?

I ask because I was thinking about starting on Yelinak and buying a redguides subscription and boxing about 6 characters at the same time.

I played on Mangler (True box) a couple years ago and I there were a lot of multi boxers. You could spot them a mile away because they were usually the same guilds and the way they moved around and attacked was not normal. Looks like a bunch of AFK bots.

I always assumed they were using Redguides to make this work, but now I question that because I think Redguides does not work on True box servers like Mangler?

I ask because I was thinking about starting on Yelinak and buying a redguides subscription and boxing about 6 characters at the same time.
Howdy mikelish, welcome to RedGuides

MQ and thus RG is not supported for truebox - merged your post into the answer for this question.

There is a conversation about the 2 new 2022 TLPs in one of the level 2 forums > here < which talks about how mq will possibly be supported/available once they go into their relaxed truebox or no-truebox status, but that is fluid atm

Question - Does this site have help for Trueboxing?
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back