• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - DoCommand isnt parsing macros (1 Viewer)

Bruer

RedCents
Hi! Im trying to get back into EQ after being off about a year. I was able to work prior to leaving in my own groups. I have uninstalled both EQ and RedGuides then installed them both to my D drive. I am using a SHD as my main (Paid) account and have 5 other accounts for my party. Im using EQ2ESKAY for the primary and kissassist for the other 5 accounts. I have set up a macro for "Camp Here" that has the following (but im getting the similar errors using my BCG macros):

Camp Here for Group
/bcg //camphere on
/noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 0
/noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 1
/shd mode 5
/bcga //makemevis

Fatdumb my SK main. EQBBCS is up and running, all members are added to the server, but still getting errors like below.

On character 2-6, I get errors in my MQ window of:
#CMD: [/return to camp 0]
[Fatdumb(msg)] //returntocamp 0
DoCommand - Couldn't parse '/returntocamp 0'
#CMD: [/docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 0]
[Kbab(msg)] //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 0]
DoCommand - Couldn't parse '/BER mode 0'

And they all stand around and watchmy SK kick butt, but arent helping at all. I've made kissassist_charname.ini for 2-6 and it looks right, but I cant get them to work together as a team. Thoughts?

Thank you!
Bruer

Last edited by a moderator:
Your running kissassist on the other toons. But your hotkey is set up to run commands for mq2plugins. That's why you're getting the errors. Invalid information is being sent to characters that can't use it.
Thank you, Kuhle. How do I fix that or set so the others are able to use the commands i send? Pretty new to this, and it worked previously. Did I just miss a change?

First make sure kissassist is running and set to assist your tank/MA by either doing "/kissassist assist tankname 98" or target the tank and just doing "/kissassist"
I personally prefer to use mq2boxr so you can just do commands like /boxr camp, /boxr chase, and /boxr manual, and it sends whatever command is needed for whatever program you are running but if you do not want to use it, try the following:
Once running kissassist on all except sk, you can use the hotkey of

/bcg //camphere
/shd mode 5
/bcga //makemevis

That should cover all your current character. If you choose to use mq2boxr, just change the "//camphere on" to "//boxr camp"

Edit: //camphere toggles the return to camp. In the kissassist wiki it doesn't specify if you can do /camphere on/off, but make sure kissassist is running on your alt 5 characters before hitting your camp buttons or you will get that error

Last edited:
I use buttonmaster and set my hotkeys to be more universal, instead of specific to one driver toon as I want to run multiple groups and swap in and out. With that said, I only run Kissassist on my Bard because I currently use CWTN plugins for everything else. My Bard Start hotkey is:

INI:
/echo Sing Us Your Bardly Songs!
/noparse /dgga /if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[BRD]}) /mac kissassist ${Group.MainTank} 98

However, you could set this up for other classes you are running, and this way, whomever is designated as the MT, the hotkey will start the mac and you do not need to be specific with tank name in key. I hope that makes sense, I feel like I am all out of sorts atm.

Problem - DoCommand isnt parsing macros

Users who are viewing this thread

Back