• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Do you find your mercs running away? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,533¢
So I've noticed this the last few days that my healer merc likes to run away from camp. (about 200-250 in distance). Its a level 115 J5 merc fighting 1-2 level 104 mobs (cons light blue). Never comes back to camp unless I CoH healer merc. Anyone else experiencing this?

So I've noticed this the last few days that my healer merc likes to run away from camp. (about 200-250 in distance). Its a level 115 J5 merc fighting 1-2 level 104 mobs (cons light blue). Never comes back to camp unless I CoH healer merc. Anyone else experiencing this?
are you set to puller? that can cause them to stay where they are.

lower rank mercs also "run away" depending on how many mobs you pull, con lvl etc --- Read this link "Confidence Level"- so could be related to that.

are these the best J5 mercs? or apprentice or w/e?

Yes actually I am. I thought being set to puller roots them in place too but not lately. I'm going to try and take off puller and see what happens.

J5 is the highest rank so it shouldn't have any confidence issues for 2 mobs that con Light Blue. its weird.

Puller really messes with mercs. It seems to dumb down the rogue ones so they don't go help and just confuse the healer ones like they don't know to heal the tank merc if the puller is still out of camp. Sigh

So long as I leave "puller" designation off then my healer merc does fine and in fact jumps right in to fight along with the rest of us!

She is a J5 High Elf. Although skins make no difference supposedly. But I have heard of players getting bad mercs and the issues clear up when they buy a different or new one.

I have pulled huge trains of blue mobs when I am solo and she is ok with it. Never runs off, usually steps in to fight too!

Maybe just buy a new one?

Discussion - Do you find your mercs running away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back