• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Do varied races create a hassle when multiboxing? (1 Viewer)

ctsfinest

RedCents
532¢
I got my multibox set up running (just basic for now, but it works! GREAT guides on the site of course!) and was curious about having a....diverse group. I wanted to mix and match races like Dark Elf, Troll, Half Elf, Wood Elf etc. Would it not be wise to have evil races in the party? Is that going to be a huge issue when I try to quest and travel? I recall being a DE was a major pain in the butt back in the day, but I like them for some classes instead of having to play a human, for example. Also, always wanted to try a troll or ogre but also don't want to be KOS everywhere I go.

Solution
I got my multibox set up running (just basic for now, but it works! GREAT guides on the site of course!) and was curious about having a....diverse group. I wanted to mix and match races like Dark Elf, Troll, Half Elf, Wood Elf etc. Would it not be wise to have evil races in the party? Is that going to be a huge issue when I try to quest and travel? I recall being a DE was a major pain in the butt back in the day, but I like them for some classes instead of having to play a human, for example. Also, always wanted to try a troll or ogre but also don't want to be KOS everywhere I go.
no, not outside of tlp.

you can start in crescent reach and do stuff together just fine

when rizlona came out and i fired up a new group, it...
no, not outside of tlp.

when rizlona came out and i fired up a new group, it was definitely a challenge getting my monk together with my bard with my DE sk/clr and troll shm --- in "modern times" it isn't a problem and you'll be fine

And welcome to RedGuides! we're happy to have you <3

Solution
Yeah, early on TLP it’s an issue but once Luclin comes out and you can teleport using the spire network not really an issue definitely not on live. I like using High Elf casters and Ogre’s for my tanks no issues at all.

Makes it slightly harder if your gear path will include race-specific cultural armor.

no, not outside of tlp.

when rizlona came out and i fired up a new group, it was definitely a challenge getting my monk together with my bard with my DE sk/clr and troll shm --- in "modern times" it isn't a problem and you'll be fine

And welcome to RedGuides! we're happy to have you <3
I play on Live so I suppose I can make an Ogre/Troll/DE/Wood Elf party!

One slight annoyance it can cause, and YMMV (I personally hate this), if you don't have a shrinking class and you make a combination of tall, short, and mid races it may result in various toons getting caught up on stuff while moving. Barbs getting stuck on a mount getting out of GL is an easy example, or a gnome not being able to get up stairs other toons can navigate fine. Not usually a problem, and honestly minor, but something to keep in mind. If you're naving your group then going to do something else while they move having one toon get stuck due to size is a slight inconvenience.

One slight annoyance it can cause, and YMMV (I personally hate this), if you don't have a shrinking class and you make a combination of tall, short, and mid races it may result in various toons getting caught up on stuff while moving. Barbs getting stuck on a mount getting out of GL is an easy example, or a gnome not being able to get up stairs other toons can navigate fine. Not usually a problem, and honestly minor, but something to keep in mind. If you're naving your group then going to do something else while they move having one toon get stuck due to size is a slight inconvenience.
Great point - I made all non-evil races to start because I wasn't sure about this anyway, so it works out I suppose.

Question - Do varied races create a hassle when multiboxing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back