• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Discord stuttering with VeryVanilla (1 Viewer)

mbiker11

RedCents
79¢
Just restarted my Redguides/MQ2 journey, so unsure if it's related. Does anyone else get lag with discord voice? I'm talking 30s of no chat then it compresses all the talking to 5seconds. During the silence you can't use PTT or talk. I don't know if it's related to MQ2 or hardware upgrade. My PC isn't super old.

My older laptop doesn't have the same issue running the same accounts/server/discord voice traffic.

I would do a ctrl+alt+del and click task manager to take a look at your resources. It could be something eating up cpu cycles, or gobbling up your memory. When's the last time you rebooted your PC? There could be an issue with using fast startup. You could disable fast startup, so that everything should be running optimally when you restart.

Control panel > hardware and sound > power options > choose what power button does > change settings that are currently unavailable > uncheck "turn on fast startup".

Done plenty of restarting. I looked at resources and it seems to be when CPU usage is quite high, like my PC runs 80%+ utilization. No other real issues. Memory is like 40-65% usage as normal. Discord seems to be the culprit for CPU but only started recently. I reinstalled discord with no change. I'll test the fast startup disabled tonight!

This may be nothing but double check that your sound is set to 32 bit and at 44100Hz or 48000Hz I used to have sound issues on Discord at random and this was the fix for me. Right click the speaker in your task bar > sounds > playback > double click the output you are using > Advanced >select from drop down.

Hardware acceleration made it so I have less issues. It still pauses for a while and then throws up all the voice files quickly though. No more crashes. When zoning it seems to studder the most.

In this thread: people who inappropriately run things as admin, break their computer, and ask others for help without admitting it

Guys, seriously. Nothing requires admin. If it does, it will ask for it. Running things as admin is LITERALLY asking for problems.

That said. Your discord problem is it’s audio thread is starved for cpu. You got too much shit running in the background.

Also try using Framelimiter if you aren’t. That will reduce a lot of cpu usage from eq

Discussion - Discord stuttering with VeryVanilla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back