• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Discord privacy (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,865¢
I am concerned about Discord leaking my activity on the MQ2 server to other players I share other discord servers with. How do you manage this? Separate Discord accounts? Does Nitro buy more privacy settings?

Thanks.

I am pretty sure discord will not show them other servers you are a part of unless they are a part of that server as well. But separate discord would be the only way to insure complete safety in that regard.

I am pretty sure discord will not show them other servers you are a part of unless they are a part of that server as well.

Spider_Man_meme.jpg

I am concerned about Discord leaking my activity on the MQ2 server to other players I share other discord servers with. How do you manage this? Separate Discord accounts? Does Nitro buy more privacy settings?

Thanks.
I have two accounts... One for everything to include red guides

And another just for the public eq and my guild.

Your handle is not private, so anyone a member of both could cross match to Red guides. Even with Nitro.

I don’t play with people who don’t know that I use MQ so it’s never been an issue for me. There’s only so many times you can pretend to just be “really good at IsBoxer” before someone is like “can you help me set that up” and then you either have to dedicate your life to getting really good at IsBoxer or admit that you lied to all your friends~

But if you’re going to setup multiple accounts for your undercover identity, you can launch Discord and Discord PTB each with a separate account.

I had this concern at one point, but anyone trying to snoop to that level would have to specifically join the RG discord to do so. Then they'd have to randomly go through lists of names one by one and check Mutual Servers searching for that needle in a haystack to pull out an "I GOTCHA!"

I had this concern at one point, but anyone trying to snoop to that level would have to specifically join the RG discord to do so. Then they'd have to randomly go through lists of names one by one and check Mutual Servers searching for that needle in a haystack to pull out an "I GOTCHA!"
There’s actually a script for that, but it violates Discord’s terms of service.

Question - Discord privacy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back