• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Disconnection issues (1 Viewer)

RedCents
51¢
Something strange is happening and I thought I thought I would ask for help because I cant figure it out.

I have changed 2 things in the past 24 hours. First I had the cable company come out and change the wire to my house and put my new modem into service. I have 1 gig service and do not seem to be having any connection issues with the net. Second, I updated the launcher for the first time since before Christmas even though I been playing. The windows are different so some things have changed.

My issues are that my toons will randomly time out? Sometimes my tank will "lag" out and I cant even /exit out. I have to task quit it to get it to go down. Reload it up and it will play normal. When this happens normally you can check the connection with F11 but it does not show to lose connection. Sometimes the toon will just log out directly to the server select. This is completely random times. A mob will be health 63 and the toon will show 63 for minutes until I task quit. When its logs out to server select Its normally when i tab to another toon i recognize it. So i am not sure if somehow something is getting pushed and I do not realize it. I am using CWTN plugins and KA. Have never had issues till this morning after updating and I cant seem to figure it out. Any help from you fine folks?

Sorry moved this to correct forum

I would use the eq launcher, click on advanced and then validate game assets.

You could also try running multiple clients or even a single without mq running to isolate the issue, does it still occur?

When you look at your netstat bar, pay attention to the ping in ms. Do you see it holding fairly steady for long periods, or does the number eventually fluctuate by large amounts?

I would turn off pc. Unplug router/modem for a minute or two. If it has a battery backup, temporarily remove it while you wait. Restart the network, wait a couple minutes to allow the network to connect before restarting your pc and eq to test.

I have tried to run the launcher but i have not tried to revaidate game assets. I will try that. I have tested connection even tried with World of Tanks and i see no lag issues. I seem to get the most failures on zoning/logging in. it will just hang up. I am wondering if anything new the new windows is affecting me. I can run around with mq loaded just fine but only texted it on a few zoning attempts

Thank you, I ran some speed test and looked for issue with net. then i realized when the guys re did my router they plugged my hard wire to computer into the router and not the modem. Hooked it up to the modem and the jitter is far less now. I think its resolved thank you.

Problem - Disconnection issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back