• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Dilemma : My Team Make Up (1 Viewer)

Jace

RedCents
40¢
So here's my problem, I have too many characters I love, but they too many overlapping abilities at the expense of dps.

My Tank is not a problem SK 115 near max AA he's solid.
My other characters though are in various stages.
Shaman 115 about 30k AA.
Enchanter 111 33K AA
Cleric 110 (Max AA for 110)
Bard 110 ( Not many AA over Auto)

Rog 111 (Max AA up to 111)
BL (Still leveling him up only lvl 100)

Wiz 115 (Max AA)
Mage 110 (About 2k over auto AA)

If I simply slotted on with classes I like Id go.

Slot 1: SK
Slot 2: Shaman
Slot 3: Enchanter
Slot 4: Bard
Slot 5: Rogue
Slot 6: Beastlord

But I realize there's an awful lot of overlap with Bard, Shaman, Enchanter.
Hell, I have 4 slowing classes in this group! A don't even get me going on I need a Berzerker.

I don't want to really go over a 6 man group.

(For what it's worth I have all CWTN Plugins for all classes, except Bard of course)
Slot 2: Cleric
Slot 3: Shaman (My gut tells me to drop the shaman but he's my original EQ character, he's 21 years old. I'm loyal to him, maybe to a fault. He can do it all too.)
Slot 4: Bard or Enchanter (Keeping Enchanter would simplify things a bit by using only CWTN plugins, but aside from that I'm leaning Bard)

Maybe Dropping the BL for Berzerker in the future.

1cc, 1 heal imo
So more like:

Slot 3: Rogue
Slot 4: Beastlord
Slot 5: Bard (Possibly enchanter if I want to be CWTN only)
Slot 6: Berzerker

Sic also what are your thoughts about Kiss Bard vs CWTN Enchanter, assuming characters of similar AA, Lvl, Gear.
And should I ditch my loyalty to my shaman and go, Cleric?

I roll with this set up: Warrior, Berserker, Bard, Magician, Monkey and Cleric.
I also maintain this line up: Warrior, Berserker, Bard, Magician, Rogue and Shaman.

I like inter-changing the last two and do it often. *IF* I started over... I would probably drop the Cleric for the Shaman in the first group. Just my opinion, I love the monk and rogue but I like the monkey a little better.

So here's my problem, I have too many characters I love, but they too many overlapping abilities at the expense of dps.

Shaman 115 about 30k AA.
Enchanter 111 33K AA

Wiz 115 (Max AA)

Hell, I have 4 slowing classes in this group! A don't even get me going on I need a Berzerker.

(For what it's worth I have all CWTN Plugins for all classes, except Bard of course)
Slot 3: Shaman (My gut tells me to drop the shaman but he's my original EQ character, he's 21 years old. I'm loyal to him, maybe to a fault. He can do it all too.)
Slot 4: Bard or Enchanter (Keeping Enchanter would simplify things a bit by using only CWTN plugins, but aside from that I'm leaning Bard)

Simplicity is key. Stick with: Tank, Crowd Control & Slow, Heal...then 3x of something (caster, ranged, or melee). If you want to go low budget high fireworks, go 3x mage...if you want to go balls to the wall dps go berserker and prepare to pay monthly subs for eternity.

Call me crazy but with 4 slowers...i'd say go make 4 teams. Roll 2 more healers, and 3 more thanks and take over the world...if your box can run that many i'd do that. Accounts are ftp...so when you can afford to pop a krono on the farm boxes do that gradually over time (tanks first, healers second, crowd third, dps last) to get the autogrant aa's and just run your farm bots on the side during downtime.

Answer probably creates more work/fun...but think about it...if you have all the ctwtn plug-ins...why run only 1 team and limit yourself?

Last edited:

Shaman 115 about 30k AA.
Enchanter 111 33K AA

Wiz 115 (Max AA)

SK,SHM,Bard....the other three DPS of your Choice. I prefer 2 zerks and Bst or three zerks

I'm the oddball here. I don't do CoV yet, but so far in ToV my crew does fine. I run SK, Shm or Clr (mostly clr), and 4 rogues. I haven't had any problems needing slows with my SK as of yet, even pulling 3-4 at once. My rogues have consistently out performed my zerks, usually with lesser gear.
I've seen many say that SK, Shm, Bard, Zerk, Rogue, and Beast is supposed to be as good as it gets, so I'm building that team to test it out in the near future.

This all really depends on what you want to do. I run with pally, bard, 3 x zerkers and a cleric and I mow through the content for which I play, however, I also play with pally, bard, zerker, wiz, enc, cleric and I can do the same content but slower and a lot safer. So it really depends on your goal. I don't have CoV so I do things in up to ToV with the exception of the genie expansion, that one is too annoying and not worth my time yet.

Slot 3: Berzerker
Slot 5: Beastlord
Slot 6: Rogue

This is a solid team thats not silly like alliance groups with 3 of a dps class I mean I get it things just fall over with the dps that you can bring to bear but i don't care for duplicates in a team guess its cause im a support/utility/healer player at heart. What ever you choose I would remember that 1tank 1 heal 1CC and if you go bard they benefit melee more and enchanters are better for casters.

Just added a bst this week (10k aa over auto) and it seems to do better than 3 zerk. Need to play with it more but on burns 100%. Overall dps I'm not so sure.

Also need to run the best with my 3 rogue or now 2 rogue team to compare.
Yes, the 2 zerk + bst is about 25% more on burns... doesnt do to shabby in regular group stuff either. I ran 3x zerker for 2 months, then swapped 1 for a bst.. yeah, seriously ups burns.

Play what you like, might be painful sometimes, but sometimes thats part of the fun

Just added a bst this week (10k aa over auto) and it seems to do better than 3 zerk. Need to play with it more but on burns 100%. Overall dps I'm not so sure.

Also need to run the best with my 3 rogue or now 2 rogue team to compare.
I run 2x zerk bst, entire team max AA and what not. Anecdotally, feels stronger but I haven’t actually parsed it out.

3zerk or 2zerk and 1bst - either way you're still absolutely destroying stuff (assuming bard).

but i enjoyed the bst over the 3rd zerk

but this is definitely one of those "play what you enjoy" things.

bsts have more AAs to get - they require more specific gear, and they take longer on the gear/AA/spells to "shine"

3zerk or 2zerk and 1bst - either way you're still absolutely destroying stuff (assuming bard).

but i enjoyed the bst over the 3rd zerk

but this is definitely one of those "play what you enjoy" things.

bsts have more AAs to get - they require more specific gear, and they take longer on the gear/AA/spells to "shine"

Yeah which reminds me. I had assumed that beast would be better 2HB similar to monk/ber. But I see all aa are dual wielding. Should I be dual wielding?

Yeah which reminds me. I had assumed that beast would be better 2HB similar to monk/ber. But I see all aa are dual wielding. Should I be dual wielding?
I personally recommend using 2h during vindication and dicho/dissi/composite - and 1h/h2h combo outside that.

mq2bst has a built in "bando swap" functionality that automatically handles this

(also don't forget you want mnk/bst specific weapons for your mnk/bst)

I personally recommend using 2h during vindication and dicho/dissi/composite - and 1h/h2h combo outside that.

mq2bst has a built in "bando swap" functionality that automatically handles this

(also don't forget you want mnk/bst specific weapons for your mnk/bst)

Yep running Battle Staff TOV T2 raid but wasn't sure if I should be runing the h2h combo. The problem with the plugins, for me that is, is I play on 2pcs. I guess beast would be less of a problem though and I should check it out.

Question - Dilemma : My Team Make Up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back