• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Games - Diablo 4 looks nice !!! (1 Viewer)

Hulkman

n1 have 1 cool trick?
RedCents
3,411¢
Hello, If your looking to take a break from Everquest and want to switch for a change , Diablo 4 looks really good. I think they finally got it right this time.

Its nothing ground breaking but they kept it like the Diablo 2 series but with more skill ups , better graphics , sounds, dungeons , character development and much better online friendly play

Hello, If your looking to take a break from Everquest and want to switch for a change , Diablo 4 looks really good. I think they finally got it right this time.

Its nothing ground breaking but they kept it like the Diablo 2 series but with more skill ups , better graphics , sounds, dungeons , character development and much better online friendly play
Played Diablo 1, 2, 3. I am pretty much Diablo'd out as it is the same thing over and over and over again. Same with Everquest really, just a different form.

Played Diablo 1, 2, 3. I am pretty much Diablo'd out as it is the same thing over and over and over again. Same with Everquest really, just a different form.
I 100 agree . same thing will get old , and will come back to eq sooner or later ,, we just have less lag in eq when everyone rushes to play the new game and more open camps lol

It's a time sink like all the other diablo.
Similar to diablo inmortal and a way to waste some hours everyday. They have found a way to earn more money with the skins shop and with the season pass so, maybe, this time you won't have shit like diablo 3 item auction house.

I bought it because this year we don't have a new Free box TLP, but I'm sure in one month I will get tired of it.

I enjoyed the storeline for D4, some of the cinematics later in the storeline were absolutely fire. That said there are some quirks I don't really care for. Such as leaving a town immediately deletes a town portal from existence. So you can use a portal to return to town and sell real quick, or upgrade your potion, or enchant armor, but you have to return using the portal or it disappears. So you can't just portal out go help a friend real quick and then return to where you were.
Also, when you leave a dungeon via portal if you're gone too long the entire dungeon resets forcing you to start over on it. So you can't take your time in the town, which means I often return to town, throw everything in the stash and then go back through the portal quickly to avoid having to redo the entire dungeon.

They've tried to create an "open world" online environment, but you don't often see people out in the wild, and there are a TON of areas where people will be running next to you and just disappear because you're either on a different stage of the storyline, or simply because the "open world" portion doesn't apply to that area for some reason.

But they also have some cooler features, like world bosses with special chances at loot you can't get elsewhere.
You can still party with friends and the portion where people disappear doesn't apply to you, as they are just "there" regardless where you go if they choose to run around with you.

Gear ranges from common, magic, rare, legendary, unique, and ascended.
You have paragon starting at level 50, for every 4 paragon points you gain a level.
Paragon trees are different - Not sure how I feel about this. You start with a "card" where there are various paragon options available to choose from and you have to select connecting nodes to upgrade things. So you can't just dump all your points into intelligence and just get straight damage on your sorcerer. You have to kinda draw a path through the available card. At the edges of the card there can be a "gate" node, which allows you to attach to another card of your choosing, there is a predefined list of cards to choose from, and each of them have a "legendary" node to unlock to do something special. Which is kinda a change from just the basic things.
You can get bonuses to some nodes by having a stat over a certain value. Such as 10% non-physical dmg node on a sorc that gets an additional +10% non-physical dmg boost by having more than 200 intelligence.

You can unlock T3 (Nightmare) tier game at 50, and it unlocks new things in the world, such as certain areas being "helltide" which makes the enemies strong, but also gives an opportunity at better loot drops. T3 also allows for Unique items to drop.

There are areas in the world that are PVP, you can completely avoid these in the storyline and are not forced on you, however if you want renown you'll eventually end up going into them if only to remove the fog of war there so you "unlocked all portions of the map in the region"
PVP grants you a drop that can then be brought to a location where you then fight a couple of waves of relatively easy enemies which then locks the seeds to your character. Another character can kill you and take your seeds until you do that. Getting killed by an enemy will delete your seeds I'm told.
The resulting item from the waves making the seeds permanent only grants you access to appearance gear. So no real advantage is given to players for fighting in the PVP areas. It's meant to just be fun if PVP is your thing.

That said I've just arrived at "end game" portion of things and more time will be needed to determine if it's worth it. Some features for end game are tied to the story and I've opted to leave them out.

Last edited:
Games - Diablo 4 looks nice !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back