• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Deodan on the move (2 Viewers)

A good bard should be able to get up in there solo fairly easily with the right combination of selos fade and some decent sized balls. Back before I knew MQ2 existed my good RL friends (who coincidentally played a bard) used to do that in the GoD era. We thought it was pretty leet ... and were initially dissapointed when we found out people could do it instantly/flawlessly with the right program.

Then laziness set in and we decided capped aas were cooler than doing it by hand.

As far as I can tell from all the conversations I've had with GM's Guides and customer support " A GM has to see you performing the act". doesn't matter if a guide see's you or the GM knows what you did to do what you did. He has to see you do it. If your AFK and running in circles and not responding then your busted. If your running in circles, GM shows up, throw in a few oblong circles-then as perfect as you can get one-then respond-your good. I was.

GM's don't even have to see you perform the act anymore. Olihin on Zek was banning people just because their names were mentioned by other people he was banning.

KeithClancy said:
A good bard should be able to get up in there solo fairly easily with the right combination of selos fade and some decent sized balls. Back before I knew MQ2 existed my good RL friends (who coincidentally played a bard) used to do that in the GoD era. We thought it was pretty leet ... and were initially dissapointed when we found out people could do it instantly/flawlessly with the right program.

Then laziness set in and we decided capped aas were cooler than doing it by hand.

Oh......awesome. Heh. Gonna start my bot back up....eh...

As far as the perfect circle is concerned I am sticking with my story of putting my mouse on a record player because EQ gave me carple tunnel but I still want to play and unless they want to pay for my medical expenses I need some help. Kinda like a ramp for wheelchair access. I want to play the game but cannot use my hand on the mouse anymore. Let them ban a cripple and see what happens hehe.;

TeachersPet said:
GM's don't even have to see you perform the act anymore. Olihin on Zek was banning people just because their names were mentioned by other people he was banning.

If Olihin on Zek is caught and petitioned (via email directly to CS) for doing such a thing, then Olihin of Zek will find himself without a job in short order. These guys have a lot of power but they have to jump through certain hoops just like everyone else ... and if not it's bad PR and they'll get fired.

I'd bet anything what happened was he researched the logs of the people who were 'mentioned' and then found something iffy. I highly doubt he's just banning anyone who was mentioned by someone about to be banned without first doing his homework.

Keith dont kid yourself. Olihin has been around for years and he is probably one of the more powerful GM's there is. He is a lead GM, also he was one of the original GM admins on EQ and all he has to find is something suspicious on your account and your gone. He doesn't have to dig deep into your account to justify his ban like a normal GM.

While some of your points are right Jigs21, it doesnt mean anything that Olihin is the lead GM when were talking about banning people who were just plainly mentioned. You can't do that, Keith is right, usually they just look up logs of people who were mentioned and look into their history and find someing strange, then comes the ban-stick. And yes I wont doubt for a second that Olihin would be in risk of losing his job if that is what he's been doing, regardless of his everquest GM Rank, it's still a job, and it must be done correctly.

Jigs21 said:
Keith dont kid yourself. Olihin has been around for years and he is probably one of the more powerful GM's there is. He is a lead GM, also he was one of the original GM admins on EQ and all he has to find is something suspicious on your account and your gone. He doesn't have to dig deep into your account to justify his ban like a normal GM.

I'll re-state: The chances of Olihin banning you just because a busted hacker said your name are next to zero. If he were to do that he'd be without a job very quickly. When you get down to it even lead head honcho GM's are at the bottom of the feeding chain ... they're the nerdy tip of the iceberg for all the money-grubbing executives. GMs (even the lead ones) are the guppies in the corporation and are paid a shit salary. They've got power over you, the player, while in game ... but that's about it. No GM no matter how high up or how ballsy is going to do things that might

That's one of the reasons we saw Lydrea's departure. She cut sony's income by more than her own salary several times over with her massive bannings. She was fine as long as she stayed within the scope of her job, but she started getting too trigger-happy with the bannings and inadvertedly banned a lot of innocent people. 5 people in my own guild who do not use MQ2 (believe me I've tried to get them to use it) were suspended/banned within the last 6 months. All of them raised hell to the highest levels and forced the powers at be to go back and double check the logs. After enough bitching they finally went back and the logs came back squeeky fucking clean. All of them got a month's free subscription for their troubles and the responsible GMs were 'dealt with'. Lydrea 'retired' less than a month later.

Interesting ... but yes ... being in the military gives you a pretty good idea. Petty officers report to officers ... who report to bigger officers and so on and so forth. A lieutenant may wrongfully punish an enilisted man, but that wrongful punishment is subject to review of the major ... which is subject to the Lt. Colonel and so on. Everyone is held accountable ... and this same principle extends to most large companies. There is always a bigger fish who's pulling the strings ... and if big fish finds out that the guppy is costing him precious fish food for no good reason ... big fish eats guppy.

So ... I'd bet hundreds of dollars IRL that what really happens is that he follows leads and checks logs. If I were a GM and a hacker gave me a name, I'd check the logs and then ban if I saw evidence of hacking. If I just banned willy-nilly, I'd find myself without a job pretty quickly.

started banning on my server also for anything and everything used /gank twice on a new alt never used mq on before wake up today suspended had gm check running hole time never seen one come into zone plus i hit /who all gm all the time before i use any kind of mq and none were on. i was in the new expansion, little weird i had another toon in a instance at the same time gk and hes not banned

Really? Your bumping an 8 year old post?

It's kinda like reconstituted freeze dried meat....no quite the tasty morsel it once was, but still some nutritional value to be had.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 16 years of playing this game, I've only ever meet/seen 3 GMs/guides.
1st time) before velious... lvl 25, reduced to lvl 20 (death spree), hepped me retrive my 35+ corpses...keaesora.
2nd time) Day after Ireblind Imp was released in PoFear, 5 raids (400+ toons from 3 strongest guilds on server) DEAD (many multiple times) at zone in due to glitch in Ireblind...killed GM before he could despawn zone...GM REZ all around.
3rd time) Guide, restored a accidentally destroyed bag (lagspike during combat weapon switch - before bandolier)

Deodan on the move

Users who are viewing this thread

Back