• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Deodan on the move (1 Viewer)

Marbury

RedCents
121¢
Deodan is on the move today, saw him going from Vxed to Vxed instance banning people. Just a heads up.

yea, Got me today, but to be fair i had been running it 24/7 for the past 3 months. So it was bound to happen sooner or later. Entered 60 Bard 0aa and 60Paladin 0aa, Left 68Bard with 876aa and 67Paladin with 810AA.

Glad I saw this when I did... I was just chatting with a friend about PL'ing him a little bit.

quite simple really. All the gm's know well about the hotspots now like vxed. Dispite what some people say, gm's do have access to instanced zones. You can prolly count on seeing them making rounds in FH soon too then.

Just read this thread while loading up other box. Did a /who all Gm. Sure enough Deodan showed up :(. Be careful.

Zepher

Last edited:
hehe it was pretty funny actually. He suspended me but left my pally alone. I was afk and came back and my pally just had warped to zone and auto rezed me and i turned on my monitor to see a GM standing infront of me. Apparently he must have thought my pally was legit. Guess my modified macro was too good =) Its not that big of a deal to me though. Thought id be more mad than I actually am. I had it coming =) Least i have my pally.

When a GM is intent on catching you, they can enter the zone with gm invis already on, no way to detect them then.

Curious, did the GM attempt to talk to you at all ?

Wondering if autocircle (no warps) would be enough of a reason for a ban.
Because bards can autocircle even without MQ.

I thought I would toss a heads up to everyone. I don't know why people think Instances are the safe point, but they are quite dangerous. I think I took a SS on my other computer of him being in Vxed for proof.

GM's rarely ban in instances unless they go on a balls out banning spree of one particular instance. In this case, Vxed got hit (again). It used to be FHalls getting raped.

Guildie saw a GM jumping through his nest instance, also the guild CoA aug run today had a GM drop in.

All were reported by members that I know use MQ2.

Also had a Guide sitting at the Piggyzone drop in point in PoK, he was invis part of the time so today was a planned enforcement, or simply a show of force.

TeachersPet said:
GM's rarely ban in instances unless they go on a balls out banning spree of one particular instance. In this case, Vxed got hit (again). It used to be FHalls getting raped.

Well consider him on a balls out banning spree. Got myself afk monk exping, my war, my bard and my necro.

:mad:

Edit: And friends....

GM Detection did not work =P I physically camped my Pally when i saw the GM standing there. This is the Sub that i Had consintly looping few times every second =P

Rich (BB code):
 Sub GMcheck  
 /if (${Spawn[gm].ID}) {  
 /echo Gm detected  
 /beep 
 /beep 
 /beep  
 /keypress 9 
 /endmac 
 /unload 
 /q  
 }  
 /return

GM did talk to me.. Heres a jist of the convo

i just witnissed you macro killing

and im like, yea youll have that (At this point there was no denying it =))

and then hes like your account has 2 prior suspensions (1 I Didnt even kno about.. Probably Played Right Through it)

and i was like that sounds about right

and he goes your account will be reviewed for banning

and im like how long does that take

and hes like dont expect it not to be banned

and i was like bummer

and then i said

so you want me to like camp or you wanna use your desktop command?

and hes like I'll use desktop command :-)

and im like ok, see you around, have a nice day

hes like yea you have a nice day too

Overall i thought the convo was pretty funny =) But Yea.. Be careful guys.. GM Detection did not work unless I did it wrong. But thats the exact copy that was Ran OVER AND OVER few times every second =)

Reformed2hacker said:
Well consider him on a balls out banning spree. Got myself afk monk exping, my war, my bard and my necro.

Yeah, but I know you... You're just stupid :D Just kidding. Give it a week, you might get unbanned.

GM detection does absolutely nothing if they have you in their sights. It is more like window dressing or preventative maintanence. It helps you track them when they don't have gm invis on but when they do, they are virtually invisible. You can't depend on gm detection.

I heard it amplifies the waves from your mind and makes it easier...

Just an code idea. I know it wouldn't pick up the invis ones but i would show you right as they hit the server because it takes them a sec to issue their invis stuffs.

Rich (BB code):
#event GM "There is #*# player in Everquest."
#event GM "There are #*# players in Everquest."

sub gmcheck
    /who all gm
    /doevent GM
/return

sub Event_GM
     /echo we got a gm guide or other gm flaged person online.
     /twist off
     /circle off
     /sit
     /camp
     /delay 5s
     /end
/return

Last edited:
why does showeq pick them up as race: invisible man but mq2 cant? I have seen them at events standing around in there invis mode on showeq but nothing showed up on my mq2 map, or with the gm detection sub.

Since Deodan is one of the main Banners these days since that other chic is gone is there a way to add Deodan along with GM or does GM invis even hide their name from us as well?

If that doesn't work I would have to agree with above and try to detect them when they log on to the server you play on and quit EQ if he shows up. Don't know if this is possible but if it is it may make this a bit safer.

I heard if you sing him:

Do you know the Muffin Man?
The Muffin Man, the Muffin Man.
Do you know the Muffin Man?
He lives in Drury Lane.

you can get on his good side.

Deodan is arguably the nicest enforcer I've had the pleasure of meetnig. He just does his job and he's actually a decent bloke in his manner of execution. He's nothing like that bitch Lydrea.

LOL, ok the GM tracker was so my best friend before the new expansion, I was in the bazaar and it was telling me a GM was in the zone, no biggy was just buying food to take to a lil alt in Cresent Reach, I go to Cresent Reach and it is stil saying there is a GM in zone, whatever, I take the food to my lil guy and gate, go into the guild hall and it is still saying there is a GM in zone, guess what they were reviewing my account. I am so glad tthat I wasnt doing anything that I could get caught doing. They didnt have anything on me I am guessing since I dont warp and I only use the maps. I found out that they were reviewing my account because I got an email saying that I was suspended and they were going to do it.

TeachersPet said:
Tell GM's you pay their bills, they love that.

Tell them you're their job security and then offer them PL at normal cost for their GM toon that's still level 65 for some reason.

A note about instances, however: the reason they don't get hit often is not that they are inaccessable. it's that when an instance is popular a GM will have to pop in and out of each and every one of those instances drachnidhive_001, drachnidhive_002, drachnidhive_003... etc... Places like Vxed are likely to be only used by afkers at this point.

SEQ listed them by their name and race. so it would be like GMname <invisible man> and when they were visible they would be GMname <human> or whatever they were. It seems like their invisble feature is just a clicky Illusion item, but I dont know any gm's so I am not sure if it is a commmand they type, or an item they click like alot of the other abilities they use.

So when a GM is making rounds on a particular instance do they have to log into each server separately or can they hop from instance on server x to instance on server y ... ie going from luclin_vxed to karana_vxed making their rounds?

The invis the GM's use is a command

invise me

thats it....seen it done. Was running circles when (an untagged/unflagged) GM showed up and said just that.....invise me.... he dissapeared.
I stopped running circles and said in ooc in the zone Im going to report you for hacking. He reappeared with a GM tag and said just checking. His name when he entered the zone (and he entered the zone at my spot not at zone in) was Zilith the Bottle Collector. I was in Vxd.

Oh and BTW I dont know if this had anything to do with why he showed up on top of me but I was using /who all GM a few times.

fantop said:
The invis the GM's use is a command

invise me

thats it....seen it done. Was running circles when (an untagged/unflagged) GM showed up and said just that.....invise me.... he dissapeared.
I stopped running circles and said in ooc in the zone Im going to report you for hacking. He reappeared with a GM tag and said just checking. His name when he entered the zone (and he entered the zone at my spot not at zone in) was Zilith the Bottle Collector. I was in Vxd.

Oh and BTW I dont know if this had anything to do with why he showed up on top of me but I was using /who all GM a few times.

He didn't want to ban you for a warp to the circle spot?

raistlin8989 said:
i've only seen vxed bans when the toon was afk'ing, not ever when the person responded, but i'm sure its happened.

Reason I asked, is no one can do a perfect circle like /circle.......GM booted me from Vxed, scared me LOL. I dunno about banning for /circle, but I know they would probably ban me for the /warp I do to get to the circle spot.

R2H

Ok speaking of vxed ... is there a good explanation of how or why your at the top room when mobs see invis and it would be silliy yo fight your way all the way up there ......

rawwar said:
Ok speaking of vxed ... is there a good explanation of how or why your at the top room when mobs see invis and it would be silliy yo fight your way all the way up there ......

exactly....heh...

Deodan on the move

Users who are viewing this thread

Back