• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Debating coming back, current top classes question (1 Viewer)

B

Brano11

Well I'm getting the eq itch again. When I last played, I was running 3 zerks, shm, Bard, and SK and was able to basically own anything I wanted to in the group game. I see CWTN has a few new class plug-ins now. My question is, with the use of his plug-ins, in today's (and next expansion eq) which classes are pushing the top group game dps strictly using the CWTN class plugins?

Are the zerkers still top dps, shamans still capable of being a main healer for groups? Do rangers or beastlords push the most dps now?

Any insight into current eq would be awesome! If I decide to come back, I'd be running a Bard and SK for sure, and possibly shaman if they can still main heal group game. Just curious who's topping dps now in the group game.

not sure why you deleted right as folks are instantly responding to you. :p

keep in mind there are SUBSTANTIAL white damage changes in beta right now.

Rogues got a *huge* bump with the target type changes

beasts are in really good shape, as are mages

group game for xpac i'll be shd, shm, brd, ber, rog, bst (sitting my second ber for rogue) double ber is still fine, 2 ber and bst vs 3 ber is still (and has been) better imo

not sure why you deleted right as folks are instantly responding to you. :p

keep in mind there are SUBSTANTIAL white damage changes in beta right now.

Rogues got a *huge* bump with the target type changes

beasts are in really good shape, as are mages

group game for xpac i'll be shd, shm, brd, ber, rog, bst (sitting my second ber for rogue) double ber is still fine, 2 ber and bst vs 3 ber is still (and has been) better imo
Well for whatever reason my phone had an old account I never used anymore as my auto login, and not my account that I actually use lol. Feel free to ban the Brano11 account since I don't use it here anymore, not sure why my phone had that still as my saved auto login. I deleted it so I could repost under my actual Redguides account. I can verify any info you need from the Brano11 account to ban it

Everyone playing on test is reporting roughly a 60% dps increase for all melee classes w new weapons. Apparently the group weapons have more dmg then ToL raid ones.

Semantics, dam it man, listen to what i mean and not what I say. Supposed to be psychic. But yeah its supposed to be a re balancing to bring the melee classes back closer to the casters. I for 1 and sick of seeing necros always at the top of the raid parse.

I just made a necro and leveled it to max, but only in SoD era. so should be OP for awhile longer haha

Wow that is significant damage increase. Zerks are about to become even more op! Lol
Cant wate to see what my rog can do on the new raids when they drop. I dont bother with beta. Someone was telling me there rog was going about 800k w autoatk. Sounds about right since my rog will do about 500k if he can assassinate the mobs. Cant wate to see the SU crits on my pally. Unfortunately SU doesnt proc nearly as much as assassinate but SU does hit about 8m, when I can manage to find any undead sigh.

As it stands now on raids like pit fight where a large % of the mobs are assassinateable my rog will hit #2-3 on the raid parse. Always a dang necro at #1 bleh.

Cant wate to see what my rog can do on the new raids when they drop. I dont bother with beta. Someone was telling me there rog was going about 800k w autoatk. Sounds about right since my rog will do about 500k if he can assassinate the mobs. Cant wate to see the SU crits on my pally. Unfortunately SU doesnt proc nearly as much as assassinate but SU does hit about 8m, when I can manage to find any undead sigh.

As it stands now on raids like pit fight where a large % of the mobs are assassinateable my rog will hit #2-3 on the raid parse. Always a dang necro at #1 bleh.
Good gosh that is insane! Seems like the last 2 years or so I've been gone they increased a ton of things. Might have to buy some characters after the new year once my work slows down and people start offering some geared tons in the new expansion gear!

Always a dang necro at #1 bleh.

As it should be? All seems to be fine and working as intended imo 👍
So were going with the its not a bug its a feature logic? They rotate the top dps classes on occasion through "balancing". Used to be debated whether it was rog or wiz that was top dps. Nec had there time at the top imo, time to pass the torch.

As to buying toons, too easy to level them. Over the bonus week I got a dru from lvl1 to 120, best top-end group gear and quite a chunk of AA. Bumping autogrant to 110 really takes care of about anything but focus, TS and a few odds end misc AA these days.

So were going with the its not a bug its a feature logic? They rotate the top dps classes on occasion through "balancing". Used to be debated whether it was rog or wiz that was top dps. Nec had there time at the top imo, time to pass the torch.

As to buying toons, too easy to level them. Over the bonus week I got a dru from lvl1 to 120, best top-end group gear and quite a chunk of AA. Bumping autogrant to 110 really takes care of about anything but focus, TS and a few odds end misc AA these days.
Yea I get that its easy to level them now days. My issues is I absolutely hate grinding for augs lol. So I like to buy toons that already have good aug sets that I can then do stuff on my own with.

you definitely want a shaman as your main healer with the plugins. especially if you want optimal dps. You know there is a great enchanter Plugin you can run instead of the Bard you'll want a Beastlord a Ranger and Mage

you definitely want a shaman as your main healer with the plugins. especially if you want optimal dps. You know there is a great enchanter Plugin you can run instead of the Bard you'll want a Beastlord a Ranger and Mage
I'll probably end up running what I used to run. SK/ Bard/ Shm / zerk x3. Was pretty deadly and could do most things in the group game.

As for the Bard, I used to use Sic bard macro and it worked great. I will probably do the same thing again this time. Bard utility is just insanely good

FYI the reason weapon damage is increased so much is because they fixed/bypassed a longstanding problem/issue/bug/whatever that was stopping them from adding more raw damage to weapons and forcing them to compensate in other ways.

I'm not sure the right move is to immediately scale up the weapons as soon as they could, but meh, my melee group will take it.

FYI the reason weapon damage is increased so much is because they fixed/bypassed a longstanding problem/issue/bug/whatever that was stopping them from adding more raw damage to weapons and forcing them to compensate in other ways.

I'm not sure the right move is to immediately scale up the weapons as soon as they could, but meh, my melee group will take it.
My new group in the new year will take it as well lol!

What I do see from the change is any retro-content/raids being stupid easy. Can probably easily 1 group trax for the trophie and I'm sure the new raid content will just have stupid HP making it a slug fest.

Oh so this will only be live then if it's just weapons getting stronger.

TLP servers shouldn't see a change?

Well super bonus is goa now. So while it still might be a little easier to level - its way way easier to buy the Heroic upgrade. I mean one or two clicks and you are Heroic or many clicks for each level. :) And even then it only takes you to level 100 at the most. You still have to work up to the 120 or 125 coming soon.

And going Heroic does give you a jump on tradeskills (your skill will be 150) and some progression. Just get your trophy's before you do the bump. (yes, I know you meant the tradeskill AA - I was just adding some other bonus's Heroic's give)

Some minor examples that are most likely to change.

Weapon example:
ROG LS Group Tier 1 Dagger: Ratio 19.74, AC 347, 11k Hps
ROG NoS Raid Tier 2 Dagger: Ratio 17.47, AC 442, 14.6k hps.

For armor:
SHD LS Group tier 1 Chest: 1282 AC and 12.0k hps
SHD NoS Raid Tier 2 Chest: 1632 AC and 15.6k hps

So looks like mostly a significant ratio jump and a slight closing in on the rest but not nearly same as jumping whole dps tiers.

Weapon example:

For armor:

So looks like mostly a significant ratio jump and a slight closing in on the rest but not nearly same as jumping whole dps tiers.
Brother, there are about 3 weeks left till launch and there are still a massive amount of bugs and other things they need to fix. Alternate personas is a complete shitshow. Right now, on Beta, only *ONE* mission is even available. These weapon ratio changes are low on the totem pole and going live "as is".

Brother, there are about 3 weeks left till launch and there are still a massive amount of bugs and other things they need to fix. Alternate personas is a complete shitshow. Right now, on Beta, only *ONE* mission is even available. These weapon ratio changes are low on the totem pole and going live "as is".
More then likely all tweaks are done except Persona's and "known" bugs. Missions need cleaning and fixing (possibly 3rd priority), raids can wait until jan (so they have 7-8 weeks) and class balance/itemization is done until Feb at the earliest (same as zerk only weps last year, and pal ability that never made it).

Weapon example:

For armor:

So definitely seems like raid gear / armor will still have better stats, just weapon damage will be better. Probably wouldn't be bad to get full raid gear and then switch out weapons only

Back to the original post, I'd probably go rogue, beast, ranger if refilling a team.

People get too distracted by the individual DPS numbers, and don't look at total dps
This is why i dont recommend triple of ANY class, normally the alliance triggering wont make up for say a ADPS class (also if your going hard can trigger some with 2 players).

Damn 60% increase surely that will have to be tuned down a bit.
No. If anything, there will be more melee improvements to come by the end of beta. Melee have been held back in the past 4 expansions so the increase on beta is simply restoring what weapon radios should have been all along and be better on par with the spell damage increases that have drastically outpaced melee in that same time frame.
Wow that is significant damage increase. Zerks are about to become even more op! Lol
Zerks in the current live game are extremely underpowered. So no, they will not be op, not by a long shot.

Actually, they were *NOT* compensating melee in other ways. They simply held back weapon stats in an effort to kick the can down the road and avoid implementing the necessary changes.

@OP, the group game is pretty easy and most any balanced group configuration makes quick kills and handles all content. As long as you have a real tank, real healer and crowd control, you can put any combo of dps along side it and faceroll the group game.

No. If anything, there will be more melee improvements to come by the end of beta. Melee have been held back in the past 4 expansions so the increase on beta is simply restoring what weapon radios should have been all along and be better on par with the spell damage increases that have drastically outpaced melee in that same time frame.

Zerks in the current live game are extremely underpowered. So no, they will not be op, not by a long shot.

Actually, they were *NOT* compensating melee in other ways. They simply held back weapon stats in an effort to kick the can down the road and avoid implementing the necessary changes.

@OP, the group game is pretty easy and most any balanced group configuration makes quick kills and handles all content. As long as you have a real tank, real healer and crowd control, you can put any combo of dps along side it and faceroll the group game.
So if zerkers aren't top melee, who is now? If it's rangers or rogues, is the only reason they are getting top is because of assassinate or headshot damage? Or are they legitimate top now?

So if zerkers aren't top melee, who is now? If it's rangers or rogues, is the only reason they are getting top is because of assassinate or headshot damage? Or are they legitimate top now?
Situation dependent. Seen sk do some nasty dps, pal do decent if its undead. Zerks have decap too. Next to no1 plays mnk anymore. But generally overall I'd say its prob a toss up between rog and rng for the melee classes, there usually the ones I see at the top of the raid parses.

Situation dependent. Seen sk do some nasty dps, pal do decent if its undead. Zerks have decap too. Next to no1 plays mnk anymore. But generally overall I'd say its prob a toss up between rog and rng for the melee classes, there usually the ones I see at the top of the raid parses.
Not sure on the other classes, but heard that Monks are hitting 8m DPS on burns with LS weapons.

Question - Debating coming back, current top classes question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back