• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Dear SoE (1 Viewer)

....and why did you tell them about the bug with reference to your main's account? If I was going to do that, I would have created an anonymous hotmail account or something and made up some random name and emailed them from there. That way, no IP trace back to your mains or anything. I dunno. I just feel like I would have seen this coming and avoided detection of my true identity.

Still, I'm glad you put this out there. Sony deserves every ounce of chaos this causes and then some.

-CodeCaster

Please post the original email in its entirety, TP. Would love to see it.

I call bullshit, personally. Lots of people here could really use a few philosophy, economics, and logic classes. Most logic is incredibly flawed in this thread.

You will not hurt Sony, you cannot hurt Sony, Sony doesn't care about you, Sony doesn't care about your 15 accounts. The sooner you realize this, the better. They obviously have priorities set as a business and are willing to accept some loss to meet those goals. To be honest, who knows what kind of market share they have and what amount of new accounts they're getting per month. No one except sony knows, so making statements like "they'll miss my account payment" means nothing.

You getting your money back for a subscription you didn't get to complete, however, does mean something.

Posting the original email in its entirety would reveal a lot of information about my accounts. Also, this information also was gathered over 40+ emails between me and a CS Supervisor, so I don't think you want me to post all of it.

I dont doubt TP at all and I think they were stupid not to listen to him. Wouldn't it be funny if every time a GM logged on a faketell was sent using his name from a test acct?

As soon as I have the will to invidiually edit out the information in 43 emails and paste them here, you'll be the first to know. Anyone waiting on MQ2NoClip, blame darkeros for making me do this stupid shit.

Edit: Make that 44 emails, 45 if you want my response back.

Two of the later emails.

Graf, Dean
to Richard, me
More options Oct 26 (23 hours ago)
Your definition of extortion apparently differs from that with which I am familiar. When somebody threatens an action and requests a response with the implication that a proper response will precent that action, that is the definition of extortion in my experience. In light of your latest communication, I have been directed to gather all correspondence regarding this affair to be forwarded to our legal department for their consideration.

The cancellation of all of your accounts is not solely a result of this latest incident. It is the final outcome of your continued insistence on violating our company policies in the face of repeated warnings, suspensions, and bannings of previous accounts. Your actions led to this point.

In regard to your complaint about feeling betrayed, please recall this statement from one of my previous emails...

'If you explain in detail how you have managed to do this before we figure it out, leniency will be considered but IS NOT guaranteed.'

At no time were any promises made to you with regard to your accounts. As I told you earlier, we already had departments working on the method you used. Thanks to their efforts and with the information you have already given us, we now know how to recognize this sort of action when it is used. Any other account found to be using this technique will face consequences according to our policies on third-party software use, player harassment, and attempting to defraud SOE staff. So there will be no benefit in you releasing the details of the technique, should you choose to do so.

Sincerely,
D.A. Graf
Lead GameMaster Iarazyn
Sony Online Entertainment
[email protected]

<censored>
to Dean
More options 9:30 pm (0 minutes ago)
make sure to let your legal department know, that if you were to take legal action against me, that they'd have to take the embarassment and bad publicity that you were suing me, a 17 year old High School student, who was a pretty loyal customer to your games for 2 years, for feeling a bit angry about being banned for the third time and posting a random threat saying that if the bans weren't reversed I'd release a what you call, "simple," already nerfed (according to you) bug that only existed because you had lazy programmers who didn't include any extra checks in reports.

The tell spoofer hasn't been publicly known then if it's been around for forever. When I finally edit the rest of the emails, it'll be great fun for you to read them all and see how it got to me being banned.

Only thing I told them was about this one bug. It was really gay how I ended up suspended in the first place though. I don't think "Being a good samaritan" was listed in their "reasons for suspension" handbook, so the email said for "impersonating a GM."

Dear SoE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back