• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

DC Universe (1 Viewer)

Frost

RedCents
11¢
Anyone on here playing DC Universe Online?

Oh yeah...been awhile since I have been here... :o

That's the thing... I haven't played it either.

I'm debating on whether or not to buy it.

I am really waiting for SW: TOR, but with the recent "delay" (Though they are not calling it that, yet), I think I need something to hold me over.

Thing is, simply building my new gaming PC might hold me over with the new games I would be able to play.

So I'm not sure if I am going to try this one out.

No, I have watched a few videos for it. Can't say they really excited me at all for it.

Well, I'm looking for a non-WoW mmo experience. From what I have seen from DCU, it is faster paced and definitely strays from the "WoW Clones".

Can't say I know too much about Rift though.

Really, I am just waiting on TOR... :)

But anyways, nobody on RG ... er ... NA plays DCU?

Well, I'm looking for a non-WoW mmo experience. From what I have seen from DCU, it is faster paced and definitely strays from the "WoW Clones".

Can't say I know too much about Rift though.

Really, I am just waiting on TOR... :)

But anyways, nobody on RG ... er ... NA plays DCU?

what does non-WOW MMO experience mean? MMO without swords, orcs, spells, abilities, quests etc? It seems like everyone out there is thinking that everything was invented by Blizzard. I even heard WOW comparsions in Fallen Earth, which is same as comparing WoW with Mad Max...

non-WoW... it is pretty straight forward. Rift is a WoW clone.

Same kind of combat (essentially turn based, global cool downs, definitive "turns"), same UI.

DCU offers a new combat system, in addition to a robust character creation system.

DCU also offers a comic lore background while WoW is more fantasy (Does that make sense?)

non-WoW... it is pretty straight forward. Rift is a WoW clone.

Same kind of combat (essentially turn based, global cool downs, definitive "turns"), same UI.

DCU offers a new combat system, in addition to a robust character creation system.

DCU also offers a comic lore background while WoW is more fantasy (Does that make sense?)

I think Ford is a BMW clone. both have wheels and doors

I am going to pick up and try DC Universe in a few weeks even though I have always been more of a Marvel fan.

I play DC universe on the PS3, I love it.

The pvp is awesome, the combat system is awesome. Its just a great game.

It plays well on the PS3 Abyss? I was debating picking it up soon as a side game, but only if I could play it well on the PS3. I'm going to be focusing my PC efforts on Rift now, but would love to have a side console MMO now that they're slowly creeping up.

Someone from MQ2 mentioned in IRC he thought the UI was designed more for the game console and did not translate as well to the pc but like the game otherwise.

HATE THIS GAME.

Unless you are a console player do not buythis game. It does not allow you move your character with the mouse it all. It looks they took the console game and dropped it on the pc.

You can get ps3 type controllers for your computer or if you are used to moving your toons with the keyboard you could play it. I am so used to moving toons with mouse those I couldn't even get through the first room in the tutorial.

No in game help either makes it useless. When you hit the help button it shows an unclickable link to the website.

The little time I spent in it felt completely isolated the chat system was terrible. Once again probably a console player thing but I wasn't able to find anyone to ask about the movement had to Google it.

Bought mine at amazon direct download had no problem getting a refund.

I'm hoping I will not feel the same. Just got my copy in the mail today from Amazon.com. I'm pretty used to using WASD to move. I also have the ability to use a wired xbox 360 controller, if need be.

I have a friend buying the game with me, so I don't think the chat will bother me too much. We could just use vent if need be.

Have you guys tried Rift?

Have now.. Played a couple of hours and have to say; i didn't catch me at all. I think im gonna try it again later on, but atm its not for me =)

DC, hmmm might try it out

- decker

I can confidently say, thus far, that I have thoroughly enjoyed DC Universe online (In my limited time of playing).

As long as there remains a community, I believe I will stay subscribed until SW:TOR.

I've been playing DCUO on PS3 now and I definitely like it as a side game. I'm on No Mans Land as Jaymoe if anyone else is there.

I'm also going to be focusing on Rift as my main game. If anyone else plays, let me know.

I've been playing DCUO on PS3 now and I definitely like it as a side game. I'm on No Mans Land as Jaymoe if anyone else is there.

I'm also going to be focusing on Rift as my main game. If anyone else plays, let me know.

I'm playing Rift, waiting for hacks :p

If you play it on PC its all cheats / hacks.. As there are very little detection atm you can just use cheat engine =)

- decker

I dig DCU, its a nice little jump in kill some folks in PvP and run an alert or pvp battleground. Quite fun, but more of an action based game, and I'm a bit hard pressed to fork over 15 dollars a month for it. However, I feel like I got my moneys worth.

Rift on the other hand... What a craptastic game. Felt too much like WAR (if your remember that steaming pile of poo) and uninstalled it after about an hour of game play. I think what got me the most was the WoW clone of it, and I want something different. I'm sure it will be a decent WoW clone, but don't expect much more than that.

I dig DCU, its a nice little jump in kill some folks in PvP and run an alert or pvp battleground. Quite fun, but more of an action based game, and I'm a bit hard pressed to fork over 15 dollars a month for it. However, I feel like I got my moneys worth.

Rift on the other hand... What a craptastic game. Felt too much like WAR (if your remember that steaming pile of poo) and uninstalled it after about an hour of game play. I think what got me the most was the WoW clone of it, and I want something different. I'm sure it will be a decent WoW clone, but don't expect much more than that.

yes, Rift = WAR in first few days to play. it gets better tho

WAR failed at endgame. castle sieges were a joke. I hope Rift has a bit more to offer at endgame. Atleast we can storm main castles in open world np. In WAR you zone to main castle instance, which fucked up the whole concept of open world pvp.

you should really try rift for more then a hour. I also threw it away after few hours of first beta. then I made other class and played some more on second beta and so on. The versatility and going from healer to dps is kinda cool. I havent seen such variety of class possibilities in any game before.

rift's are annoying tho. you camp at safe spot, log in and there is rift and u are dead :p afking is an option only in main castles, as everything else is getting stormed all the time.

PS! if the game uses swords and monsters, it's not a WoW clone - get a clue, play more games! Rift is at best a WAR clone at start, but that's just a start.

yes, Rift = WAR in first few days to play. it gets better tho

WAR failed at endgame. castle sieges were a joke. I hope Rift has a bit more to offer at endgame. Atleast we can storm main castles in open world np. In WAR you zone to main castle instance, which fucked up the whole concept of open world pvp.

you should really try rift for more then a hour. I also threw it away after few hours of first beta. then I made other class and played some more on second beta and so on. The versatility and going from healer to dps is kinda cool. I havent seen such variety of class possibilities in any game before.

rift's are annoying tho. you camp at safe spot, log in and there is rift and u are dead :p afking is an option only in main castles, as everything else is getting stormed all the time.

PS! if the game uses swords and monsters, it's not a WoW clone - get a clue, play more games! Rift is at best a WAR clone at start, but that's just a start.

No, sorry, you are mistaken.

Rift is a direct WoW clone and has been called that by major gaming review sites. Every comment on the game I have read contains the words "WoW Clone".

From the game play videos I have viewed, Rift seems to try to take the WoW model and slap some small new features in there. A handful of changes does not make a game completely unique- DCU, on the other hand, is unique in combat and therefore cannot be called a "WoW Clone".

Rift is not just a WoW clone. Trion studios did exactly what Blizzard did 6 years ago: they took the best aspects of all of the major MMOs on the market, polished them, made them better, and made Rift out of that.

And you're right Frost, DCUO is fun and completely different from the rest. I for one am having a blast in both games.

No, sorry, you are mistaken.

Rift is a direct WoW clone and has been called that by major gaming review sites. Every comment on the game I have read contains the words "WoW Clone".

From the game play videos I have viewed, Rift seems to try to take the WoW model and slap some small new features in there. A handful of changes does not make a game completely unique- DCU, on the other hand, is unique in combat and therefore cannot be called a "WoW Clone".

bla bla bla. have you played Fallen Earth? I played for about a year and there wasnt a single day some newbie logged on, played for 10 minutes and spammed general channel about "WoW Clone", but with guns.

if Mad Max is WoW clone, then Rift can be aswell. I have played WoW and I do make a difference between pile of shit and something I'm interested in.

I liked WAR, until endgame. Maybe that's why I like Rift. Is WAR universe WoW clone? If yes, then you are moron.

The Gameplay is what people are commenting on the "WoW Clone". The content doesn't make a damn bit of difference. The reason I hated Rift is it felt like WoW with different skins. Like I said, I want something different, not something copy and pasted. Which is what the GAMEPLAY in Rift felt like.

DC Universe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back