• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bug - Daybreak with the non auto turn on afk (1 Viewer)

TheEld3r

RedCents
369¢
setting.png

Has anyone else notice this? Fucking amazing is what it is. Most likely someone else talked about it. But if not here it is. Also the Auto merc passive will save me tons of plat in the long run when I do use merc and then afk in zones like GL, PoK or GH without turning them off.

both are great, as are the mq2melee features they're adding. They seem to be paying attention to how players are actually playing the game

You missed the best part of the new AFK features =P

Hide AFK players.

You can hide an entire box army so it doesn't draw on your CPU. just do...

/hideafk players all (Send command to each client you have online)
/afk on (Send command to each client you have online)

and bam all your charaters disappear and CPU load drops.

You missed the best part of the new AFK features =P

Hide AFK players.

You can hide an entire box army so it doesn't draw on your CPU. just do...

/hideafk players all (Send command to each client you have online)
/afk on (Send command to each client you have online)

and bam all your charaters disappear and CPU load drops.

I thought of that but didn't think to type it!!!! Thanks for the added info!

Isn't there any issue with this and bots/afk toons that are being driven by MQ2? Like, EQ recognizes them as afk, even if they're taking actions in game via MQ2, and puts the AFK tag up. Then, if someone happens to see a group of AFK toons running around and killing shit, it looks REALLY bad. When I see this, that's exactly the scenario I fear. So, awesome that we can drop our CPU usage, but you're still running a group doing all kinds of stuff with an AFK tag up, right?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here. Thanks.

So I can say since I turned off auto turn on afk not once have I seen my toon tag change. Now as for server seeing something different idk don't have a personal server to test on. But I'm pretty sure the tag itself is what the server sees or I could be wrong

Bug - Daybreak with the non auto turn on afk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back