• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Damned Logic (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,730¢
I think I may have talked myself out of buying the new XPac immediately upon it's release.

For me and this is only me. It seems like paying $300 to go up 4 levels basically.

I haven't even got into the NoS content much
And I'm going to want the new shiny toys ( weapons and armor ) and they will cost a fortune when the Xpac is new.

I think the verdict for me might be wait a few months as much as I hate to.

Everyone must make their own choices. I didn't get all my toons the xpac before this one. Just my main group and a few straglers we needed for plugin updates/testing

I agree with you. I'm further back than you are (still build up to do a Griklor without failing). At this stage I have so many levels (to 120), AAs, Progression, Augs etc. that it just isn't worth me buying it yet.

I guess this is what DBG will have to deal with if they expect everyone to be fully raid geared with max AAs before a new expansion comes out. I'm sure they must realise that there is so much 'other' stuff that needs doing to characters that it can become a full time job keeping them min / maxxed and ready for the new expansion on day one.

However, I have been tempted to buy it for my warrior account so he can hit 125, get the T1 gear for cash as it may make the other stuff a bit more trivial.

I agree with you. I'm further back than you are (still build up to do a Griklor without failing). At this stage I have so many levels (to 120), AAs, Progression, Augs etc. that it just isn't worth me buying it yet.

I guess this is what DBG will have to deal with if they expect everyone to be fully raid geared with max AAs before a new expansion comes out. I'm sure they must realise that there is so much 'other' stuff that needs doing to characters that it can become a full time job keeping them min / maxxed and ready for the new expansion on day one.

However, I have been tempted to buy it for my warrior account so he can hit 125, get the T1 gear for cash as it may make the other stuff a bit more trivial.
From what I've seen it seems like NoS Raid gear will still have better stats than the new group armor (except for the damage being higher on weapons). Think it'd still be worth it to have raid gear and just switch out the weapons upon expansion release, granted if you're able to get raid armor.

From what I've seen it seems like NoS Raid gear will still have better stats than the new group armor (except for the damage being higher on weapons). Think it'd still be worth it to have raid gear and just switch out the weapons upon expansion release, granted if you're able to get raid armor.
I have NoS Raid armor thanks.

Our Tanks always have to eat first. If I don't buy it all at once my first buy will be Pally and Shaman. I just did Griklor the other day with a guild mate. LoL I'm all over the place with my Progressions. I have most of NoS done and little else. I have so much content I want to do we are just about to do our Rez sticks

I've read they plan on significantly upgrading melee weapons in LS. So much so that group drops will exceed the stats and dps of NOS raid weapons. That might be the one reason to purchase LS on your melee characters. You'll hate seeing the rot messages in General channel and not being able to jump on them!

I've read they plan on significantly upgrading melee weapons in LS. So much so that group drops will exceed the stats and dps of NOS raid weapons. That might be the one reason to purchase LS on your melee characters. You'll hate seeing the rot messages in General channel and not being able to jump on them!
Rob plays on FV, people can carry it to the baz~

Discussion - Damned Logic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back