• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

damn im a newbie (1 Viewer)

swindel

RedCents
Ok, so ive been searching through this website for the past couple of days and cannot find a walkthrough for me to get started on doing some afk macros. In newbie talk i want to be able to get some AA's while afk. I have a 2box duo 60+ monk and cleric. I have not downloaded any programs yet so please walk me through from step one or just use this thread to flame me, either way i will hopefully get some entertainment. Thanks

ok i got as far as downloading MQ2 and extracting it. When i try to run it, it says i am missing files. The more i read into it the more confused i get please point me in the right direction i am about to give up and say f it.

I am having lots of trouble navigating through this website. It seems like a lot of stuff is for computer experts and not just the average joe. Every time i get to reading about what to download it says....DOWNLOAD this link for the updated plugins. Or just go to macroquest.com and download the last 3 links at the bottom of the page on equnderground. Then it will say under that to download the link at the bottom of the page and unzip it to a folder. WHICH LINK DO I EFFING DOWNLOAD? I dont even really know how to unzip a folder let alone download 3 different ones that need unzipped, and 2 of them arent the ones i need! Also when the download starts and is complete do i save to computer or open?? I DONT KNOW WHAT ALL THESE ABBREVIATIONS MEAN! Im very frustrated, i appreciate the help i have recieved so far but i am still at point one with a shitload of unzipped folders and downloaded links that have no use for me.

swindel said:
.... I dont even really know how to unzip a folder let alone download 3 different ones that need unzipped, and 2 of them arent the ones i need! ....

Here is a link to unzip files:
How do I unzip a file?

That should explain it with no problems. Also, something that I have found, is that if I'm having a problem doing something else, I have always found that someone else in the world has had the same problem and posted about it on the internet. I google stuff and I'm constantly amazed at what I find out.

On a slightly different note, using MQ2 does require knowledge of some basic computer skills (unzipping files, using search features, skimming thru a bunch of threads looking for the right info). My best advice is keep reading, and take your time doing it. I don't think anyone has ever come to sites like this and immediately find the holy grail without some trial and error, me included.

Mateo

You then go File -> Save As. Down where it says "Save as type", select the option "All Types (*.*)".

This is a quote from the help forum on saving macros.

I am having trouble with the select option. The only choices I have are Rich Text Format (RTF), Text Document, Text Document - MS-DOS- Format, and Unicode Text Document. WHich should i chose?

You can choose any one you want. Chosing would simply add an extension to the filename. An extension is the 3 letters after a period in the filename. Like if you made a file called ubermacro and you selected rich-text th ecomputer would see it as ubermacro.rtf

Anytime you write or save a macro, however you want that extension to be .mac

The easiest way for me to do this is to allow yourself to see these extensions, they are hidden from you by default. Once you do this you can right click in the macros folder, make new anything but folder. Rename it to yourmacroname.mac. Then actually open it and paste your script.

Heres how to show file extensions.

1. Open any folder
2. Folder's Menu Bar click TOOLS
3. Hover down and click FOLDER OPTIONS
4. Click the VIEW tab
5. Uncheck the box for "Hide extensions for known file types"
6. Click the "Apply to All Folders" Button near the top

This really reduces alot of confusion for me. I hope it helps someone if they're having trouble.

damn im a newbie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back