• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Cycle Prev window issue (1 Viewer)

Jroux

RedCents
I am new to boxing and I watched the videos of how to install the MQ@ and run the Very Vanilla. In the second video he shows how to cycle through your character windows. He used the command " ctrl+` " and " ` " to cycle prev window. When I ran this and I cycle through the windows it shuts off my backtick. to get the back tick to work again i have to shut down the computer and restart. this only occurs when I am running MQ2.... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some thing to try if you want. What I did was go into the game and open up the options window (ALT + O) and go to Keys tab and list all. I remove all the numpad entries in the keypress and left the Alternate alone... this gave me access to all the numbers in the number pad section. I then went to the Macroquest.ini file and opened it up with notepad ++. I then went to the area that has:

# setting CycleNextWindow=0 disables it.
CycleNextWindow=1
# setting CyclePrevWindow=0 disables it.
CyclePrevWindow=ctrl+1

Saved it and then logged in the group. Now when I press the 1 on the number pad of the key board it goes to the next window in line or if I want to go back I just press ctrl +1. This seems to work for me. It also lets me set up the number pad numbers for other things to use.

I hope this help some....

Just a thought, have you gone to the Options window (ingame) and go to the key tab and see if anything else is using the ctrl+` key? It maybe that that key sequence is being use elsewhere. I have set mine up to use the ctrl+` as back window and it works for me but I also took out any keys that where in the options key tab that had ctrl and cleared it so I could assign keys to my number pad.

Problem - Cycle Prev window issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back