• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Custom ui (1 Viewer)

stonedcolt

RedCents
30¢
Hey all, i am new here, i have a question regarding custom UIs,, it seems to not be possible for me to load one... i put the files in the uifiles\custom as i am supposed to, and do the /loadskin command... but it wont work... i even located a simular directory in the macroquest\ressources directory and tried to put it there, same result......is the very vanilla software locking me to a specific UI?.. i tried to look at the forums for a simular problem/question before posting this, but came up empty... thank you in advance

Heya Stonedcolt, welcome to RG!

If you placed the custom ui folder in your \everquest\uifiles\itsowndirectoryname you could also try loading it in-game by going to your options and selecting Load UI Skin and it should bring up a secondary menu allowing you to choose the new ui

1698847920975.png

no. mq does rely on UI elements for data, but it doesnt lock anything.

custom UI file structure has changed since ye olde days, make sure your doing the placement right.
Heya Stonedcolt, welcome to RG!

If you placed the custom ui folder in your \everquest\uifiles\itsowndirectoryname you could also try loading it in-game by going to your options and selecting Load UI Skin and it should bring up a secondary menu allowing you to choose the new ui

View attachment 52380
i did... many times... its very strange.. i think i am gonna try reinstalling, takes 10 minutes, and this problem seems unsolvable.. i tried remaining the folder too... i tried putting in ui elements one at a time, to see if its an broken xml.. nothing works...its very strange, but thanx for trying :)

i did... many times... its very strange.. i think i am gonna try reinstalling, takes 10 minutes, and this problem seems unsolvable.. i tried remaining the folder too... i tried putting in ui elements one at a time, to see if its an broken xml.. nothing works...its very strange, but thanx for trying :)

Perhaps you have more than one Everquest installation and you're using the wrong one?

So is it only the custom UI that won't work? Will the basic UI work for you? Cause they did so many changes with new ui, old ui, custom ui that you might have to go backwards to go forwards
í reinstalled everything and desided this was not the fight i wanted to take, learning the macros and how to use that well, seems to be the fight i should be focusing on, so i am running with standard ui now.. in a week or two, i might decide to try to see if i can get it to work again :)

í reinstalled everything and desided this was not the fight i wanted to take, learning the macros and how to use that well, seems to be the fight i should be focusing on, so i am running with standard ui now.. in a week or two, i might decide to try to see if i can get it to work again :)
Out of curiosity, which custom ui are you trying to load?

i use Zliz and kaen and I try and keep it up to day at host it here on RG

Problem - Custom ui

Users who are viewing this thread

Back