• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Problem - Crashing When Loading 10+ instances (1 Viewer)

ubereater

RedCents
104¢
Before we get started, I know there have been threads about this before, but i've read those and tried recommendations to no avail.

So Few months ago I was able to pull up 18-20 accounts no problem at all, on my machine. It's a few years old, I7 3720 2.6 8 core processor, with 650m 2gb video card, and then 8 gigs of ram. (it has 16 now)

But a couple weeks ago all of a sudden i can't run more than 8-10 without it crashing, when i load up the 9th or 10th eq instance,the new eq instance crashes and wants to send logs, which of course mq2 blocks. all the other instances run fine and fast and smooth, i just can't load up any others after that. i've still got ram open, processor speed gtg.

Can't figure out what is causing this to occur as i used to have no issue. I've even gone in and downgraded performance of what eq is wanting since i started having the problems, before i could run with higher refresh, graphics etc.

anyone have any ideas?

Any changes to your actual PC other than the RAM upgrade? Reinstall/upgrade of Windows? Video card driver update, etc?

At what point do they crash? Entering world? Loading characters? Before the game even starts?

If its entering world, do you have any custom UI work a certain set of characters might have or something that could be crashing?

When you say you still have RAM open - how much RAM? Do you still have a decent size Pagefile? Windows will begin paging before RAM is full.

Have you checked if your hard drives are near full? Especially around your Pagefile, that could easily cause some crashes.

A fresh/default EQ install may also be something to try, as it would avoid any setting problems, to rule that out.

If you remove the new RAM, can you get back up to the old level? If so, the RAM could be the culprit. It may be fine until it is actually used. You might try lowering the memory settings in the BIOS, but I am no expert there.

Since it wants to send logs, that means a log was created, so no need for guessing, just locate the .dmp in the dir mq says its in and open it in visual studio... Check the call stack, is mq2 in it? If not it's not a mq2 problem, can you load 10 instances when mq is not loaded?

i did a fresh install of eq to its own directory, didn't make a difference, i even ran half the instances in 1 installation and half in the other, it didn't matter, still crashed at around 10. it started acting up before i got the ram, that's why i got it, it did take me up to 10, before i was able to do only 6-7 (where as before any issues on 8 gigs of ram, i could do 20 with no issue)...doesn't seem to make a difference whether mq2 is running or not, i'll test some more, but just tried it with 12 with no mq2, it crashed at 11, i loaded mq2 in, no more have crashed, but can't open more. that's about the same i get with mq2 going on startup.

im open to any and all suggestions thought comments concerns. even if you think i'm stupid, i wanna hear it. i need to get this fixed. i really don't want to format my drives or do anything silly i'll regret later.

Problem - Crashing When Loading 10+ instances

Users who are viewing this thread

Back