• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Crashing To Desktop (1 Viewer)

dragonfire

RedCents
722¢
OK, I'm befuddled. I have a Bard in DH, (now home in QS), that I cannot get to load. Everytime he loads, I see him appear in the zone from another box but he then crashes to desktop and appears LD to other players. I get through the loading zone screen. I have other characters in same account on same machine that load fine into that zone. This happens with and without MQ loaded. I have done a complete file check and deleted his INI file. I hit Return Home on loading and same thing happens in his home city.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tried just loading the bard, with no other accounts running? I have had that happen before. Once i had him in, i could log the rest in just fine.

If you're trying to multi box on one PC and something's crashing, then you may be running too much, have corrupted page file, or bad RAM. Also it's not a good idea to run multiple EQ accounts off single EQ file so make a copy of EQ directory and create shortcuts to EQ file in new directory.

If you still crash while loading bard even when not running other accounts, something may be broken somewhere. You may need to head to EQ Live forum and post a question in tech forum. Do remove any and all references to MQ and other illegal programs.

Also, try resetting his UI to the default UI and then loading in. They've changed a couple windows and you may need to update some of your UI files and then reload the custom UI.

Also, do a complete file check in the patcher.

Problem resolved. Thank you. This was a one box, one account situation. I renamed all the files with his name, ini, opt and ui's one more time and it worked. I have no clue why it did not work the first time.

Thanks again.

Crashing To Desktop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back