• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Content Exploration in EQ (on Test) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,333¢
I've recently hit 60 with one of my 6-box groups (SHD, SHM, BST, ENC, MAG, WIZ). This would have been the level cap when I originally stopped playing. The first thing I did was start-up cskillup.mac in the guild house to get my casting skills up but I am also trying to figure out where to go next. I thought I'd ask a few questions to receive the wisdom of the RG crowd.

1. Outside of Epic 1.0, what would be the next bit of interesting "progression" content to do?
2. I presume Epic 1.0 is doable at 60 with 2x 3-box groups with Journeyman tier 1 mercs?
3. Should I worry about Velious and Luclin armor quests?
4. Should I expect to be able to do Raid content with the 2x 3-box group or is this more likely for level 85s and above?
5. Any suggested old quests, items, clickies, etc... that you all thing are interesting and worth getting?
6. Are there items that are useful to get that you don't out-level particularly quickly?
7. Anything else folks suggest as Kunark end-game highlights?

1: There are a few things that could be fun to do, but I skipped a lot of this content my second round. I had a lot of fun with some of the Luclin raids, which you may like.
2: Yes. Absolutely yes.
3: If you are on a server with defiant armor, no. Defiant armor is wayyyy better than anything you're gonna run into barring the maybe the PoP/Luclin raid gear.
With respect to farming defiant armor due to your comment about test: The Hole has been revamped if you didn't know! When you jump in those mobs are 60ish and a good place to be at that level anyway; plus it's fun to go to an old place that has new levels.​
4: Depends on the raids, but it's potentially. I don't know how well you're boxing, how well geared you are, etc etc. Again, the luclin raids were fun and I think I did them around 65 but that was with a few actual players.
If you want to do some Kunark raids Venril Sathir is (probably) a safe bet. A lot of the raids were pretty tank and spank at the kunark level iirc.​
Maybe Plane of Nightmare would be good raids? I have not done them but have been meaning to, as I always like Plane of Nightmare.​
5: Epics, obviously. There is a current list of items that are really good somewhere on this. Consider this a placeholder and I'll link it soon.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1640 - Plane of sky shaman feign death clickie​
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1143 - Plane of Fear skeleton illusion clickie​
Credit where it's due, I stole these links from: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/odd-and-op-items.34575/
6: I think there were some haste items from PoP/Luclin raids that were good, I'll link a few of these throughout the next few days as I get more time.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Luclin#Raids The warders of life and death was a fun event, SSRA has the best gear (obvs).​
7: Personally, I had a lot of fun exploring some of the high end dungeons that I did not get to do earlier. Howling Stones, Kaesora (I know it's not high end but I didn't really get to go), and Sebilis (I only did the higher levels, I got to explore the whole thing and have a lot of fun).

Last edited:
3: If you are on a server with defiant armor, no. Defiant armor is wayyyy better than anything you're gonna run into barring the maybe the PoP/Luclin raid gear.

I do have access to defiant though it's tough to easily get full sets on Test as folks generally don't put it up on the bazaar. There's a couple folks who try and run twink shops to keep things stocked.

4: Depends on the raids, but it's potentially. I don't know how well you're boxing, how well geared you are, etc etc. Again, the luclin raids were fun and I think I did them around 65 but that was with a few actual players.

I like to think I'm reasonably mediocre at boxing. Not great and probably don't have amazing ini's but I can usually take things on 4-5 levels above me. Mercenaries certainly increase this quite a bit.

Look forward to seeing the placeholders filled in. I've found a couple pages here and there on clicky items but it's sometimes hard to tell what's the most up to date and what's still dated from a few years ago (and no longer relevant).

I do have access to defiant though it's tough to easily get full sets on Test as folks generally don't put it up on the bazaar. There's a couple folks who try and run twink shops to keep things stocked.

I like to think I'm reasonably mediocre at boxing. Not great and probably don't have amazing ini's but I can usually take things on 4-5 levels above me. Mercenaries certainly increase this quite a bit.

Look forward to seeing the placeholders filled in. I've found a couple pages here and there on clicky items but it's sometimes hard to tell what's the most up to date and what's still dated from a few years ago (and no longer relevant).

Updated some placeholders.

I really really wish someone would whip up a 'historical' path guide/project thru EQ1 for lore/story/expansions of some sort

Even better is if DBG did an accomplishment thing like that where it was in game, i would love it.

Agreed. Well, I'll document whatever I do, maybe in a secondary guide? The closest I've found to a pseudo-progression tracker is Allakahzam's but it stops at SoD.

Could always start doing some OOW progression to farm for Anguish BP and start your 1.5's. Would be a nice progression for your level that would give some decent gear that will be needed. Keep an eye out on Test for the glowing seb armor for when you get higher level (if unable to find have a few sets on Alts I can copy over)

Question - Content Exploration in EQ (on Test)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back