• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Concentration potions (1 Viewer)

cloudchaser

RedCents
60¢
Hi everyone! I wonder if there is a setting somewhere that lets you use concentration potions whenever the buff runs out? I was looking in the Kissassist Instruction & Setting Info thread but could´t find anything. Anyone can push me into the right direction?

btw...kissassist ROCKS! Thanks guys for that awesome program, having a lot of fun on Rizlona :)

ok, went to ec tunnel now to buy me some concentration pots and put the command ito the buff line of the ini: Buffs5=Elixir of Greater Concentration|Me. I started KA and voila my toon drank a pot...so fine so good...BUT he didn´t stop! after some seconds he drank another one...and another one and another one. I stopped KA to prevent him from drinking all 10 :) I guess the program doesn´t check for the right buff. Sometimes it hapens for spell buffs as well that a toon casts them TWICE and very rarely even 3 times in row. Too bad it doesnt work but its not a big deal :)

ok, went to ec tunnel now to buy me some concentration pots and put the command ito the buff line of the ini: Buffs5=Elixir of Greater Concentration|Me. I started KA and voila my toon drank a pot...so fine so good...BUT he didn´t stop! after some seconds he drank another one...and another one and another one. I stopped KA to prevent him from drinking all 10 :) I guess the program doesn´t check for the right buff. Sometimes it hapens for spell buffs as well that a toon casts them TWICE and very rarely even 3 times in row. Too bad it doesnt work but its not a big deal :)
it sounds like because your potion doesn’t have the same name as the buff it gives, you might need to use the dual type in the your kissassist.ini:
The |dual modifier allows for spells that have 2 (or more) parts, where the actual buff effect has a different name than the spell or ability used to cast it. Designed for recourse type spells, or newer spells that combine buffs, but can be used for lots of things.
Example: Buffs1=Talisman of Soul's Unity|Dual|Exigent Focusing
In this example, if the DUALsyntax is not used, KissAssist will rebuff Unity every 8-12 seconds where the other 3 or 4 effects last hours.
MA, Me, Caster, Melee, and Class flags can be used with the dual modifier, but must be at the end of the line.

SO AWESOME! Buffs6=Elixir of Greater Concentration|Dual|Greater Concentration made it! It really amazes me how flexible this program is! THANKS a lot! I didnt even have to add |ME. I guess it´s because you can only cast it on yourself anyway.

I've never used the potions before, so I didn't know the item and the buff didn't have the same name. I'm sorry I made you waste your potions :(
Looks like @nolava got it all sorted for you though. Glad it's all working for you now.

Glad it worked out! I’m only new to this as well but loving everything the creators put together its made my return to the game so much more enjoyable, so anything I can do to help the community makes me feel great!

Question - Concentration potions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back