• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Compatibility with Elgato Stream Deck? (1 Viewer)

3orcs

RedCents
I am thinking of joining one of the new EQ servers launching next weds and create two toons to dual-box. Has anyone played with the Elgato Stream Deck Controller with 15 Customizable LCD Keys?

Since that is a macro machine I figured I could assign all the macro's I create using redguides products to make things easier to play.

We are mixing up apples, oranges and pineapples here. :)

When it comes to Everquest we have different levels of macros:
  1. EQ 5 line "official" macros
  2. MQ2 macros - MQ2 does not work on most TLP servers, because of agreement between MQ2 and EQ
  3. built in macro ability of various keyboard/mouse/other controllers such as Elgato

1. You can certainly use Elgato to make it easier to fire official EQ macros.
  2. Elgato will do nothing to help you run MQ2 on TLP because MQ2 maintainers have agreed with Darkpaw Games that MQ2 is off on TLP.
  3. you'd need to read on what action sequences you can bind to Elgato keypresses, I know Logitech G15 has pretty extensive built in macro ability

Thank you for the clarification playj. All this information wasn't clear from a new comer. One further question, if I decided to play EQ again on the new Time-Locked Progression servers Aradune and Rizlona are launching on May 27. It seems that the Aradune Truebox Dedicated Progression and Rizlona Boxed Dedicated Progression. My understanding is that Aradune allows you to "duel box" which means you have to have two PC's and two accounts. I am interested in running two high end gaming PC's. I have two 27" 1440p gaming monitors dual mounted. It would be nice to free up one monitor for websites/email/discord etc etc. Any thoughts on the best way to configure dual boxing to play on Aradune? Any redguides software I should be looking at?

Check out how Tucoh is setting up to play on Aradune if that's your poison. He's a noted and accomplished IS Boxer user with a lot of skill

I did watch his youtube video and read the thread. He is multiboxing two characters on the same monitor. I thought you were not allowed to do that on Aradune. Its required to have two PC's. So Im looking for the best way to control two toons on two pc's.

Question - Compatibility with Elgato Stream Deck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back