• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Comparing BP clicks for Magicians (1 Viewer)

RedCents
727¢
So, Mischief, HoT era. The new BP clicks that are introduced for Mages in UF and HoT I feel like they just aren't great or I'm just missing something.

What I'm talking about is that you have to give up the SoD BP click for the best HoT BP click (type 16 clicks). I've parsed the SoD BP as giving ~55k total dmg (increases DPS from 1799 to 2977 for 45s). The new one is a little more difficult to parse but it added 17k dmg from the DD pet proc and gave the 2.5k spell dmg buff 8x over the duration. What does someone that's better than me at math think about this? When is it worth giving up the giga-Glyphwielder's Tunic click and start using these new ones? Because it seems like the new ones just feel bad.

Last edited:
The on going problem with pet procs all the way up to live is that it can cause your pet to completely skip a melee round. There is a huge bug report from Sancus going back a few years.

More detailed info can be found here:

To this day ,on live, mages still use the SoF and Anguish robe because of this issue.

The on going problem with pet procs all the way up to live is that it can cause your pet to completely skip a melee round. There is a huge bug report from Sancus going back a few years.

More detailed info can be found here:

To this day ,on live, mages still use the SoF and Anguish robe because of this issue.
Oh, that is so annoying. I knew they felt bad.

Discussion - Comparing BP clicks for Magicians

Users who are viewing this thread

Back