• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Community Assistance Needed (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,880¢
I need some help from the community. I need the EXACT (Letter for letter) output from the following command:
/echo ${Me.Origin}

Check the table below, and if the output of your's is not listed, please post what you have. (I'll then update this list.)

1. Cabilis East
  2. Crescent Reach
  3. East Freeport
  4. The Greater Faydark
  5. Grobb
  6. Halas
  7. Neriak - Commons
  8. Neriak - Third Gate
  9. North Kaladim
  10. Northern Felwithe
  11. Oggok
  12. The Qeynos Aquaduct System
  13. South Kaladim
  14. South Qeynos
  15. West Freeport

Last edited:
I did this on 3 different Characters.
I got [MQ2] Crescent Reach only. The 3 characters are one from Main account Gold (back when EQ started) The second was a rescent Gold account and the Last was from a Free account.

Hope this helps.

Could you please run it again? Just to make sure you didn't have a typo or something....
And what happens if you do Origin on the character?
Well... now this is very odd - when I cast the origin spell... nothing happens (although the origin spell goes on cooldown)! This is definitely a character specific problem and not a mq2 problem, so don't let it interrupt whatever testing work you are doing... I'll try and figure out what is going on!

Edit Well, mystery solved:
1591021935280.png

I never check this character when I load in- and its a bard I created 20 years ago - the command now returns South Qeynos

Last edited:
Well... now this is very odd - when I cast the origin spell... nothing happens (although the origin spell goes on cooldown)! This is definitely a character specific problem and not a mq2 problem, so don't let it interrupt whatever testing work you are doing... I'll try and figure out what is going on!

Edit Well, mystery solved:
View attachment 21941

I never check this character when I load in- and its a bard I created 20 years ago - the command now returns South Qeynos

This are EXACTLY the kinds of corner cases I'm trying to find, so thank you. I'd redcent, but I've hit my daily limit of those.

Isn't that command "set startcity" from way back when they made Cresent Reach the starting city for free accounts and it bled over into old returning accounts (Silver) resulting in them getting their starting citys changed to Cresent Reach.

So they put that command in the game to give grandfathered accounts a chance to put their home city back where it should be. IIRC you can only use it one time. Last I heard even that one time no longer works.

So this may be affecting "true" Cresent Reach as opposed to "mistake" Cresent Reach

I need some help from the community. I need the EXACT (Letter for letter) output from the following command:
/echo ${Me.Origin}

Check the table below, and if the output of your's is not listed, please post what you have. (I'll then update this list.)

1. Cabilis East
  2. Crescent Reach
  3. East Freeport
  4. The Greater Faydark
  5. Grobb
  6. Halas
  7. Neriak - Commons
  8. Neriak - Third Gate
  9. North Kaladim
  10. Northern Felwithe
  11. Oggok
  12. The Qeynos Aquaduct System
  13. South Kaladim
  14. South Qeynos
  15. West Freeport

Add:
Ak'Anon

Just as an FYI, my Ogre Zerk from back when I played years ago was in Crypt of Nadox when I started playing again earlier this year. I decided to get him back to PoK so I hit Origin. It cast and nothing happened for a couple mins then I got a disconnect. I relogged and waited for the timer on Origin and tried again. Same result. I contacted CS and told them my issue. I was told for some reason my original Origin point was unavailable. CS then reset my Origin point to Crescent Reach due to the account only being Silver, even though the character creation date was pre-Serpents Spine. Not a huge deal, but I know exactly what you are looking at.

I'm also pretty sure I have 1 or 2 more toons with the same issue, but they are casters that have Gate available so I never bothered to have them fixed

Last edited:
Request - Community Assistance Needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back