• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Coming back to EQ, need advice. (1 Viewer)

Quiggley

RedCents
280¢
I’m looking to come back and play a bit of EQ. I recently got out of the hospital and have some spare time until I get cleared to work. Feeling nostalgic, I’ve actually been on P99 for a few days. But I like some of the newer stuff from live.

I’m actually think about playing on Test, because the community seems nice. And the bonus exp is huge. I do plan on running a box, which is why I’m here.

I’ve done it a bit in the past, so I have some experience, but I’m torn on group composition. Here is my idea.

Tank - SK or War
Healer - Cleric
Porter - Wiz or Druid

Then bard most likely, maybe enchanter.

2x DPS.

Not I love my pet classes, but I feel melee based damage will be stronger and more constant. Naturally at earlier levels, rogues with poison are huge. But I believe monk and Bezerker (which I know nothing about) will out do them eventually. I see that there are some special ini for them, but being out of work for 9 mos now I really shouldn’t spend the money on them yet.

What would you recommend? I’ll most likely be very casual at first, as I can’t stay at the computer for too long. So ease of use is key to maximize my time.

Also, with the AA to recall to guild hall, I question the need for a Porter… but Evac is still nice.

Thank you for your time.

I’m looking to come back and play a bit of EQ. I recently got out of the hospital and have some spare time until I get cleared to work. Feeling nostalgic, I’ve actually been on P99 for a few days. But I like some of the newer stuff from live.

I’m actually think about playing on Test, because the community seems nice. And the bonus exp is huge. I do plan on running a box, which is why I’m here.

I’ve done it a bit in the past, so I have some experience, but I’m torn on group composition. Here is my idea.

Tank - SK or War
Healer - Cleric
Porter - Wiz or Druid

2x DPS.

Not I love my pet classes, but I feel melee based damage will be stronger and more constant. Naturally at earlier levels, rogues with poison are huge. But I believe monk and Bezerker (which I know nothing about) will out do them eventually. I see that there are some special ini for them, but being out of work for 9 mos now I really shouldn’t spend the money on them yet.

What would you recommend? I’ll most likely be very casual at first, as I can’t stay at the computer for too long. So ease of use is key to maximize my time.

Also, with the AA to recall to guild hall, I question the need for a Porter… but Evac is still nice.

Thank you for your time.

@Quiggley Welcome back. Funny you ask/mention porter. I had a similar question earlier today asking about the utility of a wizard and should I replace one of my two mages with a wizard for porting.

To make a long story short, the opinion was with the ability to set a campfire and use fellowship, including a wizard just for porting might not be the choice to make. Here is a link to the thread with my question

Between the druid and wizard, the druid would also provide extra healing. For reference, my team is SK, ENC, CLR, MAG, MAG, BST. Like I said I was thinking of dropping a mage for a wizzy until I learned about campfires.

Another popular opinion I see is that if you go with melee DPS like zerkers, consider the bard. I f you go with caster based DPS, go with enchanter. In the end, the choice is yours and you need to be happy with the toons you will be looking at for days to come.

Be well.

P.S. I am out of Red cent grants for the day or else I would flip you a couple so you could try some of the great add-ons here at RG. I have only been around a little over a week and I love the place. Excellent community and helpful folks.

@Quiggley Welcome back. Funny you ask/mention porter. I had a similar question earlier today asking about the utility of a wizard and should I replace one of my two mages with a wizard for porting.

To make a long story short, the opinion was with the ability to set a campfire and use fellowship, including a wizard just for porting might not be the choice to make. Here is a link to the thread with my question

Between the druid and wizard, the druid would also provide extra healing. For reference, my team is SK, ENC, CLR, MAG, MAG, BST. Like I said I was thinking of dropping a mage for a wizzy until I learned about campfires.

Another popular opinion I see is that if you go with melee DPS like zerkers, consider the bard. I f you go with caster based DPS, go with enchanter. In the end, the choice is yours and you need to be happy with the toons you will be looking at for days to come.

Be well.

P.S. I am out of Red cent grants for the day or else I would flip you a couple so you could try some of the great add-ons here at RG. I have only been around a little over a week and I love the place. Excellent community and helpful folks.
Thank you, I will have to look into this. I have zero info on campfires and how to use them.

Reading that post, I didn’t even know of it think about Gate potions. That may be the easiest option to start… may boost a shaman up and level the trade skill.

@Quiggley Options abound. Heck I came back a week ago after not touching EQ for 18 or 19 years. It is like a different game. Regarding campfires, from what I read if you go through the tutorial in POK you get a clicky to be used with fellowship. To make a long story short, fellowship is just a mini guild. You make a list of your friends. In your case and mine, our 5 other toons would be in the fellowship. Once you have a fellowship established you can set a campfire. Every 15 minutes you can use the clicky to port back to the campfire. So for example like we discussed in that thread, if you set a campfire in POK before you head out, all the melee can use the clicky to port back to POK.

You mentioned a shammy. You could even include a Shammy in the group for heals, slows, etc. Choices. Choices. Choices. :)

@Quiggley Options abound. Heck I came back a week ago after not touching EQ for 18 or 19 years. It is like a different game. Regarding campfires, from what I read if you go through the tutorial in POK you get a clicky to be used with fellowship. To make a long story short, fellowship is just a mini guild. You make a list of your friends. In your case and mine, our 5 other toons would be in the fellowship. Once you have a fellowship established you can set a campfire. Every 15 minutes you can use the clicky to port back to the campfire. So for example like we discussed in that thread, if you set a campfire in POK before you head out, all the melee can use the clicky to port back to POK.

You mentioned a shammy. You could even include a Shammy in the group for heals, slows, etc. Choices. Choices. Choices. :)
Oh man, that sounds awesome... I guess the camp fire could be huge...

Maybe I'll go more melee focused... maybe... SK, CLR, BRD, MNK, ROG, BER

thoughts?

Last edited:
Oh man, that sounds awesome... I guess the camp fire could be huge...

Maybe I'll go more melee focused... maybe... SK, CLR, BRD, MNK, ROG, BER

thoughts?
Something else to consider with that makeup is you have no shm type buffs and no slower. You could switch the cleric for a sham. Sham are more than capable of healing group content with a knight tanking. Then you get sham buffs and slows from the healer spot in group. Or i'd consider switching the monk for a beastlord as you'd get slows and buffs. Beastlords also provide excellent ADPS to melee groups.

SKs are amazing in modern game (101+). Clerics are great at lower levels, but once your making your way through the modern stuff.. they are too much heals? they are an amazing safety blanket. Brd makes everyone better. Mnks are in a bad way.. they arnt bad, just meh. rog (with the newer mob type changes) can totally wreck. zerkers are great 101+, getting them there.. kinda /sad dps.

That being my 2cp, play what you like, what makes you comfortable. A, its a game to have fun, B with MQ, a alt char is only a week from catching up.

Tank, heals, and CC, 3 whatever.. but even then, sure people here could advise on 5 mages and a shaman or just about any group combo you could dream up.

@Quiggley I forget how I had to pull up search results (i.e. which keywords to use), but if memory serves me, I think I saw some folks running two or even three zerkers. Also If memory serves me I think I saw some zerker/zerker/BST. I am not quite certain but I thought I saw some comments that thieves (old D&D terms), I mean rogues, did not always box too well and need some manual love and care at times. I guess if you box the rest and manually play the rogue it could work.

@durango773 Hit the reply faster than I so I had to edit my response. He is more well versed than I with respect to the modern game.

@ateravest I did think about the slows, and was considering a BST because of that. Though in a pinch bard does have a slow spell (song). Plus I'm a big fan of selo's... Though I could drop the monk and go BST, so BRD / BST / ROG / ROG maybe

@durango773 Yea I am a big fan of the SK spell line, the aoe taunt is huge. I would imagine that a shaman or even a druid could heal up a team higher levels, but I somewhat feel having more heals than needed are not going to be a bad thing. I didn't realize monks are meh, so I may stick with rogues to wreck faces (backs?) And I don't know if i want to wait until 100+ for zerkers to be good. Not to mention I know nothing about them. Maybe i'll add one for the 2nd team eventually.

@Elbrin I have seen some multiple zerker set ups, though i think they are usin that new cwtn (Sp?) thing. I haven't heard anything on rogue issues. What was the problems people were having?

Also, when it comes to pure dps how do the pet classes fair? Mage / Necro / BST ? Last time I tried I had my mage only cast once or twice a fight to conserve mana, which is why I feel a pure melee dps would fair better. Or is pet dps viable? Last time i tried, I saw someone running with what looked to be 20 mages... and the swarm of pets was unreal!

@Quiggley If memory serves me, I thought some folks were saying that rogue was not always positioning behind the mob so missing some backstab opportunities. I might be mistaken or that might have been a rather old post but I believe it dealt with positioning.

It seems like I answer these posts every few days, and the answers are pretty much always the same. While you can choose to play with whatever you like, however you like, and find enjoyment in the game...you might get frustrated in the later parts of the expansions if you want to see and defeat content. For the most success, you want to build groups that have good synergy. These can be caster centered, melee centered, or a hodgepodge of both. Some of the most successful, I will list below, but all of these have 1 thing in common that we like to call: The Holy Trinity.

The Holy Trinity centers around 3 key roles - Tank, Healer, CC. These are imperative as the core part of the group, if end content is desired. Here are some good examples of really successful groups that have great synergy, demolish content, and are very enjoyable to play.

• Melee Focused: ShadowKnight, Shaman, Bard. HT is complete. Now for DPS: Beastlord, Berserker, Rogue. This is my current setup and I love it!!!! You have BST as a secondary tank, heals and ADPS, Berserker and Rogue as amazing DPS, plus the best Corpse Recovery in the game. The Bard benefits everyone and the SK/SHM combo is great all the way around.
To give you an idea - I took on Zlandicar tonight. Been farming him for 2 days now? My Shaman died at the very start. Literally, 1 second in. I take my rogue and evade and going to prep for recovery. 4 toons still on Zland. SK/BST/BRD/BER. Those 4 toons defeated him. Keep in mind I am using CWTN plugins for all, except KA for Bard. I am level 115 with close to ToV max AA's, and ToV T1 group gear on all but the tank. So SK/BST handled the heals. Needless to say, I was impressed. While I have promoted CWTN plugins since day 1 (check my posts), this encounter really blew me away with the sheer efficiency and precision how they performed.

Moving on...
  • Caster Focused: Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Beastlord, Mage, Mage. Warrior/Cleric combo are solid. Enchanter for slows/haste/clarity. Beastlord for shaman stuff, and two Mages to wreck stuff up.
Now, I also have a Cleric, a Monk, and a Mage. Some are on the same accounts, but I can tell you this. The Monk for DPS is > than the Beastlord but, the rest of the group suffers some. The Cleric is great, but the synergy from the Shaman across the board works better IMHO. I use her as a pocket buffer, rezzer, open area out of group healer. The Mage, I am sort of torn on. I gave up on him early on in favor of the Berserker, so his gear is lower, and a lot less AA. I have been thinking of a caster centric group, but having too much fun with my setup, so maybe in a few years.

All in all, play what you want. It is your time and enjoyment that matters. I am just providing a little nudge in the proven groups that demolish everything in their path. Good luck and ask any questions you want!

Last edited:
It seems like I answer these posts every few days, and the answers are pretty much always the same. While you can choose to play with whatever you like, however you like, and find enjoyment in the game...you might get frustrated in the later parts of the expansions if you want to see and defeat content. For the most success, you want to build groups that have good synergy. These can be caster centered, melee centered, or a hodgepodge of both. Some of the most successful, I will list below, but all of these have 1 thing in common that we like to call: The Holy Trinity.

The Holy Trinity centers around 3 key roles - Tank, Healer, CC. These are imperative as the core part of the group, if end content is desired. Here are some good examples of really successful groups that have great synergy, demolish content, and are very enjoyable to play.

• Melee Focused: ShadowKnight, Shaman, Bard. HT is complete. Now for DPS: Beastlord, Berserker, Rogue. This is my current setup and I love it!!!! You have BST as a secondary tank and ADPS, Berserker and Rogue as amazing DPS, plus the best Corpse Recovery in the game. The Bard benefits everyone and the SK/SHM combo is great all the way around.
  • Caster Focused: Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Beastlord, Mage, Mage. Warrior/Cleric combo are solid. Enchanter for slows/haste/clarity. Beastlord for shaman stuff, and two Mages to wreck stuff up.

Now, I also have a Cleric, a Monk, and a Mage. Some are on the same accounts, but I can tell you this. The Monk for DPS is > than the Beastlord but, the rest of the group suffers some. The Cleric is great, but the synergy from the Shaman across the board works better IMHO. I use her as a pocket buffer, rezzer, open area out of group healer. The Mage, I am sort of torn on. I gave up on him early on in favor of the Berserker, so his gear is lower, and a lot less AA. I have been thinking of a caster centric group, but having too much fun with my setup, so maybe in a few years.

All in all, play what you want. It is your time and enjoyment that matters. I am just providing a little nudge in the proven groups that demolish everything in their path. Good luck and ask any questions you want!
@Shadow Thank you for the reply. Your first melee focused group is along the lines of what i was thinking. I'm curious about the beastlord + shaman , would i be better off with a druid maybe? Somewhat doubled up with those two. Any particular reason you didn't go cleric?

And I do plan on making a caster group too! Most likely Tank / Heal, Enchanter, mage mage mage! If I recall correctly, enchanters can eventually control their pets through AAs, so that'll be 4 pets so swarm the mob... which is fun. I'll probably go pally or war with the tank on that one to switch it up.

@Shadow Thank you for the reply. Your first melee focused group is along the lines of what i was thinking. I'm curious about the beastlord + shaman , would i be better off with a druid maybe? Somewhat doubled up with those two. Any particular reason you didn't go cleric?

And I do plan on making a caster group too! Most likely Tank / Heal, Enchanter, mage mage mage! If I recall correctly, enchanters can eventually control their pets through AAs, so that'll be 4 pets so swarm the mob... which is fun. I'll probably go pally or war with the tank on that one to switch it up.
Yea, the BST is primarily focused on DPS and ADPS. He can tank in a pinch, heal in a pinch, and overall provides a lot to the group. I have slows off on the Shaman, so the BST provides my slows on named mobs only. The rest, I don't even bother as they die fast enough. As I mentioned Zland in my post, he + SK lifetaps provided the heals for the entire fight.

I do not play a Druid, so cannot tell you if that is a good choice, but I believe BST dps is better, plus the other benefits.

I leveled 1-110 with SHD, BRD, MNK, MAGE, CLR, SHM. Rarely died. After I hit 110, had some AA under my belt, started switching toons out as I got them close to level.

Bst dps is nowhere close to druid dps. Druids, even automated are good to great dps.

Bst do provide excellent ADPS support, and there decent enough on there own.

Every combat type has pros/cons. 2 mages, a necro, enc, druid, sk will rip apart mobs.. mage pets can tank in a pinch, and enc can actually lock down all mobs allowing the group to rez tank if needed.

Bst dps is nowhere close to druid dps. Druids, even automated are good to great dps.

Bst do provide excellent ADPS support, and there decent enough on there own.

Every combat type has pros/cons. 2 mages, a necro, enc, druid, sk will rip apart mobs.. mage pets can tank in a pinch, and enc can actually lock down all mobs allowing the group to rez tank if needed.
Yea, like I said, no idea on Druids since I have never played one. But my BST in snowbound (mostly) can hit 750k dps on named CoV T2 at 115 with 43k AA, not even close to max ToV AA, if he doesn't have to heal. I hope that is good. My BER and ROG are both 1m in similar gear as the BST. All have Ice Encrusted weapons or better though. Since I just bought the access to these zones last weekend, I have been gearing tank above all else. Then rogue, berserker, beastlord, bard, then shaman last. Hoping to get all in T3 Crafted/max AA before I push for ToL content.

Last edited:
Forgive my newbness, what is ADPS?

And I was thinking Druid over Shaman, since the beast could provide the slow and melee buffs. So it would be SK, DRU, BRD, BST, Rog/Rog or a zerk.

I call it Assisted DPS.. all class have little helps for the group. some classes provide huge help.. bards ,bst, rng, enc, shm, druid.. so saying well my bard is the lowest dps of my melee.. well he makes your other melee 25% better with songs, buffs, debuffs and AAs.

I believe it is Attributed Damage Per Second to others in your group.
gotcha! Sort of how a bard's dps isn't that great.. but makes the team better.

Side note - 43,000 AA !? I'm assuming some of these are auto granted, or from being a gold member? How many did you have to earn? I just googled and saw Sic's post about Max AA #s, and my mind is shook

gotcha! Sort of how a bard's dps isn't that great.. but makes the team better.

Side note - 43,000 AA !? I'm assuming some of these are auto granted, or from being a gold member? How many did you have to earn? I just googled and saw Sic's post about Max AA #s, and my mind is shook
Look at the expansion chart. all through TBL are granted to you in little steps from 51-110.. tov, cov, tol (roughly 18-22k?), need to be earned still.

Thank you all for the information so far. I'll be forming my team in the morning and working on getting them going. I'm 90% that my team will be as follows.

GRP-1
SK, CLR, BRD, BST, ROG, ZRK. Though I am not 100% on the zerk, we'll see.

GRP-2 (cause i'm insane.. and can't be focused on one thing....
WAR, SHM, ENCH, MAG, MAG, MAG (even though I want a necro, I'm not sure how the dps would stack up.)
Although now thinking about it, a SK in this group would give all 6 members a pet!

I'll then get to work on the ini's, and then if i'm lucky.. maybe kill something.

Something else to consider with that makeup is you have no shm type buffs and no slower. You could switch the cleric for a sham. Sham are more than capable of healing group content with a knight tanking. Then you get sham buffs and slows from the healer spot in group. Or I'd consider switching the monk for a beastlord as you'd get slows and buffs. Beastlords also provide excellent ADPS to melee groups.
All this advice is really good, but you need to understand that if you switch your cleric out with a shaman the game is going to be infinitely harder until you get high level. Especially if you use free to play account on the healer. I like your group makeup and think it will be a solid performer for you. Bards bring amazing utility to a group and my current group has one, but I hate bards. I know nothing about how to play a bard so I have to stick to the ini's people post and my bard gets aggro on almost every pull unless I park him far enough behind my group. It is so annoying, but he is finally mezzing now. Only took him until lvl 85 to actually start doing his job. I will continue to have a love hate relationship with bards until Chat makes MQ2bard.

I just made a new team on FV and my makeup is Pally, Bard, Mage, Necro, Beastlord, Cleric. I am finding the dps is solid enough, would be a lot higher except only pally and clerics are paid accounts (I will sub the other 4 for the AAs sometime soon. I was going to wait until 110, but I feel if I do it now that they are 85 it might up my dps enough to kill faster. I have an 89 shm on the clr account to change out later.

• Melee Focused: ShadowKnight, Shaman, Bard. HT is complete. Now for DPS: Beastlord, Berserker, Rogue. This is my current setup and I love it!!!! You have BST as a secondary tank, heals and ADPS, Berserker and Rogue as amazing DPS, plus the best Corpse Recovery in the game. The Bard benefits everyone and the SK/SHM combo is great all the way around.
To give you an idea - I took on Zlandicar tonight. Been farming him for 2 days now? My Shaman died at the very start. Literally, 1 second in. I take my rogue and evade and going to prep for recovery. 4 toons still on Zland. SK/BST/BRD/BER. Those 4 toons defeated him. Keep in mind I am using CWTN plugins for all, except KA for Bard. I am level 115 with close to ToV max AA's, and ToV T1 group gear on all but the tank. So SK/BST handled the heals. Needless to say, I was impressed. While I have promoted CWTN plugins since day 1 (check my posts), this encounter really blew me away with the sheer efficiency and precision how they performed.

Moving on...

I second the idea of playing what want. However, your group makeup could be affected by whether you plan to level up as free to play, or as a gold.

I leveled 2 groups to 110 as FTP, and my personal experience was that pet classes (BST and MAG in particular) had better survivability and DPS. This was because FTP characters are limited to 250 AA's. The low number of AA's and lack of prestige gear really seemed to affect melee classes more than the pet classes in FTP.

I ended up subscribing my tanks (SK and Pally) in the 90's because the game was unplayable unless I was fighting low level greens.

All this advice is really good, but you need to understand that if you switch your cleric out with a shaman the game is going to be infinitely harder until you get high level. Especially if you use free to play account on the healer. I like your group makeup and think it will be a solid performer for you. Bards bring amazing utility to a group and my current group has one, but I hate bards. I know nothing about how to play a bard so I have to stick to the ini's people post and my bard gets aggro on almost every pull unless I park him far enough behind my group. It is so annoying, but he is finally mezzing now. Only took him until lvl 85 to actually start doing his job. I will continue to have a love hate relationship with bards until Chat makes MQ2bard.

I just made a new team on FV and my makeup is Pally, Bard, Mage, Necro, Beastlord, Cleric. I am finding the dps is solid enough, would be a lot higher except only pally and clerics are paid accounts (I will sub the other 4 for the AAs sometime soon. I was going to wait until 110, but I feel if I do it now that they are 85 it might up my dps enough to kill faster. I have an 89 shm on the clr account to change out later.
You are correct, my advice is geared more towards end game like 100+. Clerics are a much better hearler across the board but once you get 100+ sham with AAs can heal group content like a beast. I have 6 accounts that I play and have messed around with a ton of different group compositions. Cause what else do we do once we finish the xpac lol? My favorite melee-based composition is War Clr Shm Bard Ranger Zerker. This combo has served me well for a long time and yes there are 2 priests in there but the sham serves as back up heals and mostly debuffs and dps. There hasn't been any group content in the game that I haven't been able to do with that combo.

Recently I have moved to some different stuff because that first group is very prestige and aug dependent to get maximum dps. I currently run with only my main account, which has all of my tanks, all access/gold and the other 5 accounts are silver. With that change I have moved more towards caster heavy groups as they are much less dependent on prestige gear and augs for dps. My current group lineup is Pal Shm Bard Nec Mage Wiz and it rips through content has all of the major pillars checked for buffs/debuffs. Plus I have the added bonus of ports and CoH. at 120 with all of the major AAs done the nec mage and wiz each put out 500 to 800k sustained dps and the group overall averages 2 - 3m dps depending on how bursty the wiz ends up being.

At the end of the day what I've learned is to play the class I enjoy the most and then I build what I want around that to maximize my ability to complete content and have fun. I'm on FV if you want to Private message me on the forums I'd be happy to help out when I can if you're on that server.

I actually plan on playing on test, which should give me gold member benefits effectively as I understand it. Just not max 120 lvl unless I get expansions.

If I am incorrect in this, please let me know!

I actually plan on playing on test, which should give me gold member benefits effectively as I understand it. Just not max 120 lvl unless I get expansions.

If I am incorrect in this, please let me know!
No, that is correct. Test also has XP bonus, and free access to CWTN suite of class plugins. Downside.. its test, and sometimes takes time to get MQ updated for it.

No, that is correct. Test also has XP bonus, and free access to CWTN suite of class plugins. Downside.. its test, and sometimes takes time to get MQ updated for it.
Oh wow, I didn’t realize the CWTN was there too! I did know about the exp, which was a huge draw.. I /testcopy a character over… and compared a kill for a exp… was huge. Plus the gold was key since I’ll be FTP.

I don’t mind to wait for update on mq2, I’m patient…or could just play on live.

First off, welcome back!

Hey You Hello GIF by Regal

I personally would go SK, shaman, bard, beastlord, rogue, and merc healer, if you are just going to five box. The shaman should be able to heal the main tank easily along with the healer merc. If six boxing remove the healer merc and add a cleric or another dps class.

First off, welcome back!

Hey You Hello GIF by Regal

I personally would go SK, shaman, bard, beastlord, rogue, and merc healer, if you are just going to five box. The shaman should be able to heal the main tank easily along with the healer merc. If six boxing remove the healer merc and add a cleric or another dps class.
Any particular reason for a shaman over DPS? (Like zerker)

Tank - SK or War
Healer - Cleric
Porter - Wiz or Druid

2x DPS.

Thank you for your time.
@Quiggley welcome back. Glad to hear things are looking up. I sent ya 3 months of level 2 to pay forward the community. These folks are amazing.

I’d say War/Enc/Cleric as the core of your team. Add from there whatever you want to try for fun. Some people lately have been doing Sk/Pal/War, then enc/cleric to figure out which tank they prefer and it works well as a starter team which…tou can then expand to 3 crews.

Enjoy you time, that’s the most important thing

Thank you all so much! Your generosity is very much appreciated.

As of now, i'm up and running with my group of SK, CLR, BRD, BST, ROG, BZK. So far so good, the only thing i'm having issues with is my bard.

I'm getting MQ2Twist to work during combat, but out of combat the bard wants to do nothing. Even if i try to manual click the spell it's no go.

I am using kill assist / MQ2melee so it attacks and sings. But I need to heal / mana in down time.

Any advice would be appreciated!

@Quiggley Out of the box for simplicity's sake, have tried just using RGMercs across the board? Very simple and worked well for me while I was getting the hanging of boxing with add-ons. CWTN Plugins are excellent but will require a financial investment and as of right now there is no CWTN plugin for Bard. I think @Sic might have already mentioned using something like KissAssist or MuleAssist if you wwant a bit more fine tuning compared to RGMercs. There is also a pretty extensive ini library for KissAssist which you could use "as is" or as a basis for fine tuning to your liking. I just rolled an alt Bard tonight so I will be playing around with Kissassit for the Bard but I am not familiar with MQTwist. I believe it might be an older plug-in and most folks have migrated to Kissassist, but I could be mistaken.

Just presenting some options.

Be well.

@Elbrin I'm currently using Kissassist, MQTwist and bardswap.. I have the bard attacking, assisting, and singing during the fight. But once the fight stops, so does the bard. My last go around trying this there was a Melody section in the .ini however i'm not seeing that anymore. Was it removed in the new kissassist do we know?

EDIT TO ADD: I also need to nail down my camp. I have an issue of my tank not pulling far enough into the camp. And then a separate issue of if a mob wonders in/by and it is to far my tank won't pull even if it is attacking a team member... but for now sleep. We'll get that tomorrow!

Last edited:
Thank you all so much! Your generosity is very much appreciated.

As of now, i'm up and running with my group of SK, CLR, BRD, BST, ROG, BZK. So far so good, the only thing i'm having issues with is my bard.

I'm getting MQ2Twist to work during combat, but out of combat the bard wants to do nothing. Even if i try to manual click the spell it's no go.

I am using kill assist / MQ2melee so it attacks and sings. But I need to heal / mana in down time.

Any advice would be appreciated!
That is my problem with bard. Damn Chatwiththisname for not making bard yet.

Xgen has bard and the twist works nicely on it.

Question - Coming back to EQ, need advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back