• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Coming back to EQ (an illustrated story) (1 Viewer)

pepsipepsi

RedCents
1,066¢
83ou46.jpg

And the cycle repeats itself.

Thanks. In all seriousness EQ is basically not a game you can play solo anymore if you are staying in current expansion content, so boxing is effectively required. I wish there was more meaningful things to do in game as a solo character but there really just isn't that much aside from working on getting tradeskills to 350. I did the manual 3 box thing for a LONG time, and while it can be moderately successful it just really wears you down after a while.

Thanks. In all seriousness EQ is basically not a game you can play solo anymore if you are staying in current expansion content, so boxing is effectively required. I wish there was more meaningful things to do in game as a solo character but there really just isn't that much aside from working on getting tradeskills to 350. I did the manual 3 box thing for a LONG time, and while it can be moderately successful it just really wears you down after a while.
I agree with it being hard to solo in current content but there is stuff to solo that can be meaningful. The mercenary quest per expansion can almost always be done solo - they are usually just kill stuff but the rewards are nice. And I have quested after ranger dogs, annoying frogs that won't shut up, etc. there are tons of little quests throughout.

But I did I make my first box cause I liked to do LDON and needed that third along with me and the merc. But it was just parked in the lobby.

I guess it depends on what you like to do in the game

What server are you on? I'm the unofficial guardian Angel of FV I help out however I can. If you're on FV and need something let me drop me a PM

Appreciate the offer. I'm on FV, but don't really need any particular help. I'm still trying to get everything back situated the way things were. Debating which classes to pick up and things like that. Analysis paralysis has always been a problem for me with video games. Pretty sure I am dropping my bard because the lack of cwtn for it. Might swap in the new druid one in it's place but not sure how badly I'll need CC.

Appreciate the offer. I'm on FV, but don't really need any particular help. I'm still trying to get everything back situated the way things were. Debating which classes to pick up and things like that. Analysis paralysis has always been a problem for me with video games. Pretty sure I am dropping my bard because the lack of cwtn for it. Might swap in the new druid one in it's place but not sure how badly I'll need CC.
I'm the biggest fan of the CTWN plugins there is. I made a Chanter Initially just to buff the guild lobby. But with the Plugins I honestly can't get that bastard out of my group. It's always better to have CC and the Plugins powered Enchanter is a great alternative to a Bard.

Sic has a very good KA INI for bard. I wouldn't abandon them, they are fantastic in groups!

I would not abandon the bard, they bring so much to a group. As said above Sic has a great ini for Kissassist. Additionally I have had a lot of luck with the kissmedley and my bard. There are options out there!

You really are going to wish you were using a Chanter with the Plugins if you like to Hunter Tank mode at all. Which is one of the biggest advantages of the Plugins.

You really are going to wish you were using a Chanter with the Plugins if you like to Hunter Tank mode at all. Which is one of the biggest advantages of the Plugins.
So you put tank in this mode and everyone else on chase assist, and it'll just run around and kill stuff randomly? Or does it stay in a camp perimeter?

So you put tank in this mode and everyone else on chase assist, and it'll just run around and kill stuff randomly? Or does it stay in a camp perimeter?
It stats within the pulling parameters you set but the KH ills are about 50% on average than puller tank mode. And having the Chanter use the Plugin to Plugin for seamless following is awesome. But having that chanter AOE mez is invaluable.

But yes you put the tanks Plugin in Hunter Tank mode and everyone else's Plugin in Chase mode.
And it saves the time of bringing the mob back to a static camp. You won't run it all the time but you will look for every opportunity to run it. Because once you start it won't be 2006 as a wise player said to me.

Discussion - Coming back to EQ (an illustrated story)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back