• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Coming back after 11 years (1 Viewer)

Trila

RedCents
790¢
So any chance there is maybe a 30 day free trial of RedGuides?

I only had 7 accounts back in the day and level 95-96 mostly. I quit cause I got tired of all the boss mobs that feared your characters and made it very difficult to get them all back to help in the fight. I assume RGs can solve this issue and have them return on their own to get back into the fight?

If there is a free trial for RGs don't activate it yet as I am debating if I want to spend about $120 a month to play and I might need a bit to get the feel for the game again.

Trila

Last edited:
So any chance there is maybe a 30 day free trial of RedGuides?

I only had 7 accounts back in the day and level 95-96 mostly. I quit cause I got tired of all the boss mobs that feared your character and made it very difficult to get them all back to help in the fight. I assume RGs can solve this issue and have them return on their own to get back into the fight?

If there is a free trial for RGs don't activate it yet as I am debating if I want to spend about $120 a month to play again and I might need a bit to get the feel for the game again.

Trila
welcome to redguides!

redcents are a real easy way to just be a member of the community and support your lvl 2

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

once you're lvl 2

check out the new user vids

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

another point of note - you should consider copying your eq toons to the test server "/testcopy" and then all those toons are all-access, and with a lvl 2 redguides that is all you need.

then if you decide you really want to come back to the game, then you can play your toons on live server and decide if you want to all-access them there.

gives you a little bit of "ease back into" instead of all at once

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Thank you very much for that. Going to copy all toons to test and see if I can figure this all out :)
Be very careful on Test. A lot of White Knights there. People go WAY OUT of their way to find botters, record, and report. There are continuous open discussions in General chat about it. A couple of tips:

• Stick to yourself and move toons in common areas, one at a time, or have delays in between. PoK especially. A gaggle of toons lead to reports.
  • Gear is basically free on Test. Ask nicely in General for plat, bags, etc. People are very nice on Test, but do not ask for multiple toons. Do not let on you are using MQ. Try and communicate on 1 toon only.
  • Reputation is everything on Test. If you are a jerk, people talk about it, and no one will help. I have seen talk of black lists there.
  • If you are not obvious, you could do really well there. I think most, if not all Level 2 plugins are included on Test. Especially CWTN plugins - which will become your best friends for the classes they offer. MQ2Grind will also be your best friend.
Good luck!

Be very careful on Test. A lot of White Knights there. People go WAY OUT of their way to find botters, record, and report. There are continuous open discussions in General chat about it. A couple of tips:

• Stick to yourself and move toons in common areas, one at a time, or have delays in between. PoK especially. A gaggle of toons lead to reports.
  • Gear is basically free on Test. Ask nicely in General for plat, bags, etc. People are very nice on Test, but do not ask for multiple toons. Do not let on you are using MQ. Try and communicate on 1 toon only.
  • Reputation is everything on Test. If you are a jerk, people talk about it, and no one will help. I have seen talk of black lists there.
  • If you are not obvious, you could do really well there. I think most, if not all Level 2 plugins are included on Test. Especially CWTN plugins - which will become your best friends for the classes they offer. MQ2Grind will also be your best friend.
Good luck!

Yep good advice.. I've played on test for years, and while I don't think its a ton of hardcore "white knights" , there's definitely a few, and they are very vocal..

But the rest of the advice really is good for any server, not just test.. play smart, don't advertise, and find appropriate spots to do your thing.. Tons of great tools here to help with basically everything!

Yep good advice.. I've played on test for years, and while I don't think its a ton of hardcore "white knights" , there's definitely a few, and they are very vocal..

But the rest of the advice really is good for any server, not just test.. play smart, don't advertise, and find appropriate spots to do your thing.. Tons of great tools here to help with basically everything!
yep 100%, this applies to any server

Something else you might want to take advantage of is the search bar in upper right. Many players return and there are tons and tons of posts to help you out.

Or if you have a problem or get stuck then for sure someone else has too and you might find the answer there.

If you decide to stay then I think this might be of interest to you: "Red Cents" use.

"You can earn "RedCents" by posting helpful content, which can then be spent on higher levels of membership. Earn your way to level 2 for free!"

www.redguides.com

User levels

User levels and groups explained.
www.redguides.com
www.redguides.com

Basically if you post something helpful, funny or of interest then others will give you Red Cents (10 each time) so you can see how quickly you can add up the 50 Red Cents for a month sub.

And you can also give Red Cent to posts that in turn you find helpful etc. It does not take away from your total but you also earn a few for giving them out also.

Welcome!

The Redcents level 2 access is that actually for 1 month of the $10 fee of RedGuides?

So far for last few days I just been watching videos and reading on how to play a 97 SK all over cause it's been 11 years and I am so lost :) Don't remember spell rotations, skills etc.... But then again maybe RGs will take care of this for me. I see I still would have to edit the config files to input the spells and such for each character I assume from watching the Kiss Assist video.

And that's only 1 character as I have 7 mains from 11 years ago. Monk, SK, Warrior, Enchanter, Cleric, 4 Mages, 4 Wizards and a Shaman I have to work with all 95 or so. Only 7 at a time of course.

I heard using BST and BER are now good also, but never tried them.

Last edited:
Sweet, thanks

I will have to DL RGs tomorrow I guess and start getting my act together then activate the month and see how it goes.

I have 26 of 29 expansions, but don't think I am going to go All Access yet till I am more familiar with RGs. $245 for expansions and another $105 a month for All Access to get all 7 accounts up to speed is a nice chunk.

I assume it is best to go to a level 50 zone or something similar to experiment where I won't get killed to much since all mine are 95 or so :)

I did see those plugins for $20 each a year, but that will have to come later.

Last edited:
Sweet, thanks

I will have to DL RGs tomorrow I guess and start getting my act together then activate the month and see how it goes.

I have 26 of 29 expansions, but don't think I am going to go All Access yet till I am more familiar with RGs. $245 for expansions and another $105 a month for All Access to get all 7 accounts up to speed is a nice chunk.

I assume it is best to go to a level 50 zone or something similar to experiment where I won't get killed to much since all mine are 95 or so :)

I did see those plugins for $20 each a year, but that will have to come later.

Yep, just dip your toes in first.. Get a feel for how to communicate between your toons in the group first .. theres a few different tools to do so - EQBC and Dannet . EQBC is the oldschool way, and requires a separate application to be running (all part of RG but its a separate window) that is "the server" all clients communicate via, whereas Dannet is newer, and is a peer-to-peer communication method.. its real slick, I highly recommend it.. you can find more about these plugins here on the site.. just go under the plugins section and then look those names up.. Lots of commands to learn and practice..

Question - Coming back after 11 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back