• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Client not communicating (1 Viewer)

RedCents
20¢
I have 4 boxes all running but one pc not communicating .. the others are all fine. Could someone help me figure out whats going on? It shows which toon is LDR just not seeing /dge commands even broadcasted.

I have 4 boxes all running but one pc not communicating

Sorry, but does this mean 4 separate computers each running a toon and 3 are talking to each other and one is not? The information provided is a bit vague.

The LDR tag is added by mq, not dannet.

Do you have MQ2Dannet loaded or are you using eqbc or both?

Maybe try /dnet interface and see what it returns?

Dannet info here;

Sorry, but does this mean 4 separate computers each running a toon and 3 are talking to each other and one is not? The information provided is a bit vague.

The LDR tag is added by mq, not dannet.

Do you have MQ2Dannet loaded or are you using eqbc or both?

Maybe try /dnet interface and see what it returns?

Dannet info here;
Yes, it’s 4 separate computers. I assumed Dannet was all part of the download. I had similar issues with the same pc not communicating with the server pc in multiplicity. So what you’re saying makes sense. When I issue a command like Follow me everyone but the pc will follow and dialogue shows what each are doing n the MQ window. The one not communicating doesn’t show shit. Sorry if I’m not being specific enough I’m a newb 😂

Yes, it’s 4 separate computers. I assumed Dannet was all part of the download. I had similar issues with the same pc not communicating with the server pc in multiplicity. So what you’re saying makes sense. When I issue a command like Follow me everyone but the pc will follow and dialogue shows what each are doing n the MQ window. The one not communicating doesn’t show shit. Sorry if I’m not being specific enough I’m a newb 😂

Assuming dannet is loaded on the toon on that pc, it sounds like a networking issue since that pc is having issues in other areas as well. Built in firewall/av maybe?

I would say more info about your network setup is necessary to even try and help diagnose the issue with that pc, but if 3 others are working, maybe try comparing the setup on those 3 to the one not working and see if you can discover the difference as it appears there has to be one based upon your stated issue.

Last edited:
Crazy thought and maybe it won't work because there may be an unknown reason you are using 4 systems, but I ten to lean towards the path of least resistance as sometimes you get so caught up in solving a particular problem that you lose sight of other solutions. In this case, move the toon on the non-communicating system to a system that works. Run 2 on one and use the 4th ("broken one") for other things like maps, discord, gina, myseq, etc.

Windows pc's? Using windows firewall/defender for them all?

All connected to the same LAN switch? IP's are on the same subnet? (ie 192.168.1.x and a 255.255.255.x netmask)
Can you ping across pc's from one to the other? (open a power shell and just type "ping 192.168.1.5 (if that were the IP of one of your pc's there) .. does it time out, or do you get a 1-2ms response?

Lets take a step back and make sure you have basic network communication between the pc's happening properly first.. Its not likely dannet, as that is a peer-to-peer system that really needs no modification to anything for probably 95% of setups..

Quoted directly from the Dannet page:

• Some complicated network topologies won't be supported (a server interface is a better solution)
  • If for some reason the peers aren't self-discovering on a local network
    • check the output of /dnet interface
    • set one of the discovered interface names with /dnet interface <name>
    • after you do this you need to unload and then reload mq2dannet on everyone /multiline ; /plugin dannet unload; /timed 10 /plugin dannet load
    • then doing a /dnet interface you can verify everyone sees the same one
    • The arrow is pointing to your currently selected interface device - if you have no arrow, you have nothing selected.
    • then a /dnet info should show all your toons
    • failing that, I'll have to look into why, so contact support with as much info as possible
  • Proper workgroup permissions are needed for different network groups across PC's (specifically windows 10 with windows 7 machines)
  • ZeroMQ has structural issues if something externally closes the TCP sockets that it is using for inter-process communication. If you are getting unexpected crashes after some time running, check your antivirus/firewall software to ensure that it's letting eqgame exist peacefully. Kaspersky is known to close these sockets.
  • If you are experiencing crashes loading MQ2Dannet or when zoning, check that your Windows 10 is v1903 or greater (Build 10.0.18362). The MQNext version of MQ2Dannet uses Unix sockets for IPC. Support for this was added to Windows 10 in 2018, but after the v1803 public release. As a result the stack crashes when setting up network communications.

And also from one of @Sic posts about this very same thing:

then you do want to make sure that when you do a /dnet interface all of your toons are using the same interface.

for the purposes of multiple boxes on the same pc, the loopback interface is fine

The arrow is pointing to your currently selected interface device - if you have no arrow, you have nothing selected.

1644106152750.png

/dnet interface "Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1" with quotes is what i would do

you can use the number as well, but dannuic (who is the namesake, says to use the name when you can)

after you do that on everyone, you want to unload and reload the plugin on everyone, all the characters logged on at the time

/plugin mq2dannet unload

/plugin mq2dannet load

then doing a /dnet interface you can verify everyone sees the same one, and then a /dnet info should show all your toons

Go through this first.

hi tat2n8 - welcome to Redguides. Your questions need to be a little more specific. What you are posting is just the Symptom of the problem, and to solve the problem we need a little more information.
Otherwise we are only guessing at possible root causes.

When you zone does everything just stop on each PC? Are you on dial-up? Do they just stop following? Do they crash to desktop? Why are you running 4 PC? (I have 107 toons on 3 pc's and nothing stops when i zone unless its designed to)
Are you using Kissassist in Chase mode, using the buttons for follow me? How many toons are you running, what plugins are you using? what automation are you using? RG/CWTN/RGMERC? If you have just joined RG - have you gone through some of basic videos?
There are heaps of reasons a symptom such as "why does everything drop out when i zone?"

I am using 4 PCs because I am playing on a TLP and won't allow me to log multiple accounts on the same PC. When I zone I no longer have the MQ window on any pc. I alt tab out and refresh injections every time i zone. I am using kissassit in chase mode if you mean ckicking Follow Me on LDR account? I am only running 3 accounts at the moment but have enough accounts for a full group. I am very new to this and have only downloaded the RG launcher and launch MQ from there. I have not done anything other than that. I have watched about 5 videos and they have been helpful with hot keys and commands.

I am using 4 PCs because I am playing on a TLP and won't allow me to log multiple accounts on the same PC. When I zone I no longer have the MQ window on any pc. I alt tab out and refresh injections every time i zone. I am using kissassit in chase mode if you mean ckicking Follow Me on LDR account? I am only running 3 accounts at the moment but have enough accounts for a full group. I am very new to this and have only downloaded the RG launcher and launch MQ from there. I have not done anything other than that. I have watched about 5 videos and they have been helpful with hot keys and commands.
that means your on a truebox...

thanks all for the help .. i have everyone communicating now. Next question ... why does everything drop out when i zone?
sounds like you're trying to circumvent truebox.

mq isn't supported on truebox and trying to force it has a huge potential for you to have risks from not having mq protect you from dbg.

MQ is not supported on Truebox servers.

Other tools such as MySEQ and IonBC are available for truebox servers.

Problem - Client not communicating

Users who are viewing this thread

Back