• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Client Crash (1 Viewer)

RedCents
106¢
Having a login issue, from character screen to inworld game one of my 5 accounts is crashing. I'll have to add the toons kissassist and in file when I get home but is this common and easily contactable? Or might this be something that will require the individual kissassists files to be combed through? The other 4 toons are solid. What do we need to look at and I'll happily link it.

Check these two registry keys. If they exist delete them.
Rich (BB code):
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]
"C:\\Users\\Public\\Daybreak Game Company\\Installed Games\\EverQuest\\eqgame.exe"="$ DWM8And16BitMitigation"
and
Rich (BB code):
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]
"C:\\Users\\Public\\Daybreak Game Company\\Installed Games\\EverQuest\\eqgame.exe"="DWM8And16BitMitigation"

Ty very much I'll do that the moment i step in the house. Ty for the haste!

- - - Updated - - -

Check these two registry keys. If they exist delete them.
Rich (BB code):
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]
"C:\\Users\\Public\\Daybreak Game Company\\Installed Games\\EverQuest\\eqgame.exe"="$ DWM8And16BitMitigation"
and
Rich (BB code):
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]
"C:\\Users\\Public\\Daybreak Game Company\\Installed Games\\EverQuest\\eqgame.exe"="DWM8And16BitMitigation"

ok I checked
only thing close to eqgame is an exe. application 10,363KB just opens a little box that says everquest please run Launchpad.exe

- - - Updated - - -

Ty very much I'll do that the moment i step in the house. Ty for the haste!

- - - Updated - - -

ok I checked
only thing close to eqgame is an exe. application 10,363KB just opens a little box that says everquest please run Launchpad.exe[/QU

ok so there seems to be an epidemic the 4 that would load are crashing when I zone know. should I save there profile and delete and go for a fresh install?

You can make a shortcut that will let you use eqgame to login.

First, right click and choose send to desktop.

Right click the new shortcut and choose properties then add patchme add a space after the quotation mark.

Eg.
"C:\games\everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

You can add your account name too if you choose simply add this line to the end
/login:accountname

So it would be:
"C:\games\everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme /login account1

Personally I use isboxer to launch my clients.

It's easy to use and will automatically add each account name for you. Also lets you run full screen windowed. And a bunch of other great stuff. Downside is its not free (15 for 3 months). It would save you having 6 eqgame shortcuts though. It can also launch each client automatically for you. It won't enter your password though.

Mara!!! Ty vm for the assist

I'm actually having a very different problem.
one of my accounts crashes at the character screen to inworld after the enter is hit it freezes and I get a client crash window
then the next day the other 4 accounts logged in but when I zoned they all crashed.
I even went to ther bare minimum plugins to just run kissassist and still they crash so that for one tells me the plugins aren't the issue
mq2 off completely the characters log in fast and flawlessly. I'm just a newbster so I have no clue what to do.

Glad to hear!

If all else fails start over (apart from the ini files etc)

"Did you try turning your computer off and on again ma'am?"

Lol.

Last edited:
Oh well actually I turn the comp off religiously as I believe the longer it's off the longer it will live. Just took the time yesterday to clean everything with Q tips. Q tips to the fans, swiffer to the motherboard,swifter to the radiators and added more noctua fans to make a push/pull config.

- - - Updated - - -

I am having issue with figuring out how Nd what settings to change I have macros for the group to chase and not and camp here but the only one listening is the auto cleric, the other classes I just copy pasted and filled in there stuff. Do I need to set camp here and chase to 0 to use the server commands? I've been going into there files and changing the values if I'm to camp or chase.

Problem - Client Crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back