• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Cleric Freezing? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
34¢
I was playing last night for the first time in years. Server did crash once during setup so I'm not sure if that's got anything to do with it.

My cleric kept freezing up, fully non responsive, but still active(ish). I could move and look around but could not cast or click AA or even camp. Had to /q to get out

Tank died once and she showed him having 33% life and couldn't target corpse. I /q and brought her back just to find my tank was only one in party still logged in

next time she was non responsive with the Kissassist running and tank went to pull but her screen showed the last 2 mobs killed still alive and standing there. but again no actions could be made except moving and looking.

I heard weird things happen on live servers when there is a beta, but this has my group unplayable when the cleric keeps bugging. Any explinations, suggestions or advice?

I will try the frame limiter. With all 6 windows being opened through mq2 login profile wouldnt more than the 1 account be an anti-virus issue? So far all I have done is followed the tutorial videos for kissassist. I love your videos on youtube (Sic). If I can get my cleric issues figured out I plan on trying some of the class plug-ins you did tutorials on.

if your on windows 11 - look into a program called start all back - it will ungroup your icons
I had all sorts of problems with random freezes and weird mouse clicks for toons not on the main window
its a know windows bug

The limiter did not help, this morning I had 2 characters freeze at same time. the NPC was dead on the other 4 and lying there but to the 2 that froze he was still standing there. mobs behind there were walking by like normal but could not interact with them. Another strange thing is I noticed general chat was still happening on those 2 characters. they were just not there. when I moved them on their window the others that were active still showed them standing there.

2 different characters this time, was my Tank and Crowd control toons

Windows 10
one was main window other was a background character, Cleric last night was background

this sounds more like a bad internet connection...

aol dial up is no longer recommended -- jk

watch the lag meter and see if your not getting spikes while playing

I thought the same thing. Forgot about lag meter. I did tab over and run speedtest on a browser and was getting 430mbps download and 82mbps upload at the time it was weirding out..

Also checked exceptions on my firewall and equipment has full access.

The limiter did not help, this morning I had 2 characters freeze at same time. the NPC was dead on the other 4 and lying there but to the 2 that froze he was still standing there. mobs behind there were walking by like normal but could not interact with them. Another strange thing is I noticed general chat was still happening on those 2 characters. they were just not there. when I moved them on their window the others that were active still showed them standing there.

2 different characters this time, was my Tank and Crowd control toons

Windows 10
one was main window other was a background character, Cleric last night was background
this sounds more like a bad internet connection...

aol dial up is no longer recommended -- jk

watch the lag meter and see if your not getting spikes while playing
this definitely sounds like a bad internet connection.

I had something like this in 2001 with a bad wireless connection that gave significant packet loss.

Noticed more things. Cleric again. Even tho mq window was trying to execute next sequence in the kissassist but was null due to spell gem not being refreshed. And she kept trying to spam it. She actually executed the script while in this state. She healed as tho nothing was wrong while looking in on other toons until she disconnected 5 min later.

Decided to try reinstall macroquest and there was an update button instead of reinstall on the launcher.

I updated and still having issue. Noticed all the tools that blank out are still spamming Origin and it's being interrupted.

Will try reinstall

Problem - Cleric Freezing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back