• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - Cleric and Shaman or Shaman and DPS (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,614¢
Im currently running CLR, SHM, BRD, SK, WIZ, MAG and i'm considering making some changes. I guess the biggest question is, how good of a main healer is a Shaman? I am considering dropping my cleric out of my main group and replacing with a Beastlord, or possibly dropping my WIZ for a beastlord. Another possibility is to replace the cleric with druid and beastlord for wizard. I don't want to deviate from SK, SHM, BRD, MAG, so I guess the last 2 group spots im trying to decide if I want to keep going the way I am, or change out. I am disappointed with the DPS of my Wiz, but I think I could probably tweak it, but he is almost always 3rd or lower DPS wise in my group, behind both my SHM and MAG. The MAG rules them all and its not close most fights.

Im currently running CLR, SHM, BRD, SK, WIZ, MAG and i'm considering making some changes. I guess the biggest question is, how good of a main healer is a Shaman? I am considering dropping my cleric out of my main group and replacing with a Beastlord, or possibly dropping my WIZ for a beastlord. Another possibility is to replace the cleric with druid and beastlord for wizard. I don't want to deviate from SK, SHM, BRD, MAG, so I guess the last 2 group spots im trying to decide if I want to keep going the way I am, or change out. I am disappointed with the DPS of my Wiz, but I think I could probably tweak it, but he is almost always 3rd or lower DPS wise in my group, behind both my SHM and MAG. The MAG rules them all and its not close most fights.
Past level 101 shm can heal pretty darn good. Get AA's and current gear, that with SK taps will do fine. Now since you have 2 spots, and are looking for more, I would go a bst and a second mage. Bst in general fights are good DPS, provided DPS via fero, 100 hands and para (focus para is on like 2 min cool down, last 2 min, someone will always have focus para!). The second mage provides another steady DPS'r, and all the pets now will let you proc on "of many" line for the mages. A necro (if you dont want to double classes) is also a option, however, in group content, even missions, they never get to be used to best extent, due to cast times, and dot loading required. They can go all day without mana issues, rez and bring pets. but they're DPS doesnt even cycle up until 45 seconds into a fight, and most group mobs are down in 20-30 seconds.

Past level 101 shm can heal pretty darn good. Get AA's and current gear, that with SK taps will do fine. Now since you have 2 spots, and are looking for more, I would go a bst and a second mage. Bst in general fights are good DPS, provided DPS via fero, 100 hands and para (focus para is on like 2 min cool down, last 2 min, someone will always have focus para!). The second mage provides another steady DPS'r, and all the pets now will let you proc on "of many" line for the mages. A necro (if you dont want to double classes) is also a option, however, in group content, even missions, they never get to be used to best extent, due to cast times, and dot loading required. They can go all day without mana issues, rez and bring pets. but they're DPS doesnt even cycle up until 45 seconds into a fight, and most group mobs are down in 20-30 seconds.
Hmmm, so a SHM, BRD, SK, BL, MAG, MAG is your suggestion? I am running the SHM plugin, but ive never messed with him outside of hybrid. I may have to check it out. I currently don't have a BL or 2nd MAG anywhere near my 113 group, but I could heroic a couple.

Do BLs do any healing within the group? I know they aren't great healers at all, but wondering if the plugin would have them healing any.

Hmmm, so a SHM, BRD, SK, BL, MAG, MAG is your suggestion? I am running the SHM plugin, but ive never messed with him outside of hybrid. I may have to check it out. I currently don't have a BL or 2nd MAG anywhere near my 113 group, but I could heroic a couple.

Do BLs do any healing within the group? I know they aren't great healers at all, but wondering if the plugin would have them healing any.
you don't need or want your bst healing, let them do their job.

they have a heal line, but they absolutely shouldn't be hamstrung by being on healing duty imo.

there's 0 reason in modern game, with a full group that a shm can't handle keeping your group happy/healthy - even in f2p gear

You can 100% heal with shaman. I'm running warrior, shaman, beastlord, mage, mage, necro. I swapped the necro for a wizard (leveling) since there is going to be a cwtn wizard plugin fairly soon it sounds like. I am using warrior because he is already leveled and raid geared. Though I'm very much considering going back to my shadow knight.

you don't need or want your bst healing, let them do their job.

they have a heal line, but they absolutely shouldn't be hamstrung by being on healing duty imo.

there's 0 reason in modern game, with a full group that a shm can't handle keeping your group happy/healthy - even in f2p gear
For BST healing I was referring to dire emergencies with all other healers dead. I know they aren't healers I just wanted to know if they will heal in a group if absolutely necessary.

You can 100% heal with shaman. I'm running warrior, shaman, beastlord, mage, mage, necro. I swapped the necro for a wizard (leveling) since there is going to be a cwtn wizard plugin fairly soon it sounds like. I am using warrior because he is already leveled and raid geared. Though I'm very much considering going back to my shadow knight.
The WIZ plugin is interesting, since I have 2 WIZs. One of them is only 99 but he could level up quickly if added to a group.

Discussion - Cleric and Shaman or Shaman and DPS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back