• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Clean up duplicate license listings (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,978¢
For some reason I have duplicate licenses listed for purchased CWTN plugins. This has caused confusion when looking at renewing licenses as the renewal will extend time on current license and not update the expired entry. This could cause an unnecessary/early purchase of the license.

I'd like to have expired licenses not show up on my license list when valid licenses exist for the resource. This should help decrease user confusion and avoid unnecessary help requests.

For some reason I have duplicate licenses listed for purchased CWTN plugins. This has caused confusion when looking at renewing licenses as the renewal will extend time on current license and not update the expired entry. This could cause an unnecessary/early purchase of the license.

I'd like to have expired licenses not show up on my license list when valid licenses exist for the resource. This should help decrease user confusion and avoid unnecessary help requests.
i think chat explained a bit with you on some of the things - but yeah that can get confusing.

it is best to "renew" your licenses, otherwise if you purchase another one and you go to view your licenses and in your filter you have "all" selected, you're going to see "all" of them, expired, inactive, active. I could see another filter option that would remove duplicate with weight towards showing active licenses (so if you had an active it wouldn't show a duplicate named item that is expired, for example). that'd be pretty cool and resolve that issue you have

Yes, got some background information but sometimes they expire before I notice. I've heard that we can get a pre-expiration notice/alert, but I haven't seen those and it's usually on login where I find out. I'll go through my settings to see if I can see if I missed something, but I do get some notices (post replies, red cents, etc) so I'll check if something got missed.

"purchasing" will no push users toward renew. That should fix the issues for new users, but for existing users I'm not sure what to do. Shall we clean out old expired licenses or leave them?

Please, clean out old, expired licenses maybe even put in a time limit say if not renewed within 6 or 12 months it is removed off the list available for renewal.

In addition to deleting, maybe a popup / notification about a license expiring/expired so we can renew it. I know I forget to look (2 expired recently), but maybe it's just me :shrug:

Request - Clean up duplicate license listings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back