• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Class for my 6th box (1 Viewer)

lefidous

RedCents
250¢
Right now I have a SK/Sham/Monk/Zerk/Bard, all 109 almost 110....and I am considering the final char. I am between rog/zerk/bst mainly and still having a tough time on what would be the winner. With zerk, I have heard double zerk kind of synergize well together, and that would be a big plus. The bst brings nice buffs to the party and a possible back up heal. Any thoughts on the pros / cons?

Bst, ber, rog - any are fine. I'd grap whatever sounds the most fun, you'll do fine.

I have the zerk plug in already so that would be a little cost savings at least. Bst sounds most fun to me I suppose. Ill probably end up buying that plugin too >_<

I would +1 BST, adds a lot of sustain, some good aDPS, and also gives you a bit more gear diversity. Adding in another leather class gives you a 2/2/2 split. Versus adding a second zerker, or a rogue, you would have a 2/3/1 split for Plate/Chain/Leather. BST and MNK will compete a bit for weapons but that's not so bad. BST would benefit the entire group. Zerk would be a good secondary option. Just straight DPS, but would not bring any additional utility or big boosts. Adding the BST may elevate the group higher than an added Zerk. The plugin is also great, even handles bando swaps for 1h/2h setups. I would suggest it.

All 3 are fine and will help you in different ways. I don't think armor diversity matters as much anymore since everything operates off the same drops though.

If you wanted to optimize, I'd say swap the monk for a bst and add a rog or zerk, but in your current situation I'd just say pick whichever appeals to you the most. I like diversity and run all three in my main group.
Bst will bring mana regen (not super useful to your melee crew) and synergy that will pump your zerk/monk 2h damage
zerk will bring the dps pain. worth noting I don't think 2 zerks is enough to reliably proc your alliance though
rog will bring the dps, SoS that isn't used a ton but comes in super handy when you need it, and assassinate is super strong at the moment as long as the recent body changes haven't nerfed it to hell.

Also, whats the benefit of using monk 2hander vs 1hd? Some one told me something about zerks buffing 2hand damange for group but I am not sure which skill/abilities does that and how?

zerker's bloodlust aura has the effect "7: Increase Critical Damage by 30% with All Skills" so it bumps crit damage for everyone in group and in range. I don't play a monk, but last I heard the consensus was using a 2h was more dps (and tankability?) for them. This might only/mainly apply to raid monks but I'll let others chime in on that.

I would suggest a BST or RNG. I perfer the RNG because of utility, but i know most do not run with one and prefer BST for DMG. A good KISS ini tuned for the Ranger works great. just an FYI for your options.

I also sometimes Driver with my Ranger because he was my main for 15+ years, so maybe thats why im partial lol

Right now I have a SK/Sham/Monk/Zerk/Bard, all 109 almost 110....and I am considering the final char. I am between rog/zerk/bst mainly and still having a tough time on what would be the winner. With zerk, I have heard double zerk kind of synergize well together, and that would be a big plus. The bst brings nice buffs to the party and a possible back up heal. Any thoughts on the pros / cons?
1. BEAST, beast brings a lot of good things for ANY melee package, in addition an EM pet, healing, buffs, etc....
2. Rogue is super strong for the assassinate
3. Zerk they're not nearly as strong as they used to be since nerf and you don't need two auras :P

Of the 3, my vote would be in this order BST > Rogue... I wouldn't even consider the zerker...

Rogue or Ranger

play the fun one for you. they all have great attributes for your group make up. Bst is a beast so it just rocks. rogue is ridonkulous dps right now and watching their assassinate is like eating cherry pie. I had a box just for watching my crits and shit. thats not something i normally give a crap about heh. Zerker.. well. its a zerker.. lol. ranger would also fit i think. The benefits of their group buffs and cooldowns they can use in concert with that bard would really be entertaining i think. Rogues little group aura is pretty fun too.

Anyway. just pick your flavor. If u find it isnt what u want, lots more flavors to choose from. Enjoy

+1 for a Beast. Fully aa'd they do respectable damage and mine has saved a wipe as a backup healer lol. Playing possum (beast FD) has been a plus in recovering from going splat here and there. Buffs overlap with the shammy a bit but the utility you get out of them is pretty nice.

Bst, ber, rog - any are fine. I'd grap whatever sounds the most fun, you'll do fine.
Everyone says this.. it took me about a month after coming back and switch groups 100 times along with servers trying to figure out what to play but this is the best advice possible... my group right now is sk/dru/brd/enc/rog/rog ... i know its not the most optimal set up but my enjoyment with this group has let me stick with it.. Soooo yea, go with what you WANT to put in there.

I would suggest a Rog. you don't seem to mind running your toons around after 110 levels, so adding a rog would increase your dps a ton, bst buffs are nice but you already have a shaman, for everything but the kitty crack. and you get assonate + decap

I know is not on your list, but consider a Necro.

If you lose your tank, your only healer will go down, and your group.
If you lose your healer, your group will wipe.

Necro would fix both those problems.

1) Necros battle rez is very OP.
2) Necro pets can tank all the latest group names and missions, with good pet earing. Gives you time to bring your Sk back.

They even add more to the table, they can survive most battles and get your team back up and running really fast.
DPS is very OP too.
The best part of having a Necro is they can sac EE when your group maxed out on aa and levels.
Group mana taps are very nice for Sk for extended play times.

Yes, I kill my toons for EE, do not judge me, haha.

Discussion - Class for my 6th box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back