• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Chatroom on RedGuides.com/EQ (1 Viewer)

Infernal

RedCents
100¢
Hey, I was just curious... would it be possible to setup a IRC/Chatroom for RedGuides? We can keep it for the subscribed only by giving username invites to all subscribed for that channel. I find myself many times that i want to ask a 1 sentence question that would be best answer'd in real time. Just a suggestion :)

Regards,
Infernal

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there's a mod I can add that will put an IRC room right in the boards, I'll look into it.

woot, this would really help especially when i'm trying to help newbies get their authcode and everything working :) its certainly annoying trying to do it via pms lol

Awsome, im looking forward to this, just make sure we add a little guide so people know how to DL mIRC and connect to server etc.

It won't be over IRC I've decided, and will be very user friendly.

I'm a little worried about adding it though. Emails and messageboards are nice because I can take my time with responses. With a chatroom I may never be able to leave the computer again. And if I start logging on to it at work I'm bound to get fired.

Oh well though, we'll see how it goes. Assuming I don't crash the whole system installing it, expect it up this weekend.

simply state that you won't be getting on it to answer too many questions as that is what other people are here for too, etc, etc, yadda yadda.... basically a disclaimer lol

Pretty cool chat room setup ... I have heard of vBChat but haven't seen it in action. How's the admin side? User friendly?

Yeah, it's nice. You can set which usergroups get access, and which ones can create new rooms and all that.

It's nowhere near as powerful as DC+ or IRC though. You can't set ops, no file transfers, and no scripts. But it has user-friendly in spades, and I think that's what most people here need.

Chatroom on RedGuides.com/EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back