• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Problem - Chat windows broken (1 Viewer)

Scrublike

RedCents
128¢
First time user here, I have used MQ2 compiled from source without problem before.

I have downloaded, installed and successfully updated Very very vanilla. When I run EQ (using eqgame /patchme), I get your windows detailing update history at the char select. All looks good there. However when I log in, all my chat screens are blank. I can't set focus in the chat area. I never see the 'Integrity' message in the MQ window.

If I compile my own MQ2 from the Macroquest site, it all works fine. Though obviously without all your lovely macros

I notice that the Macroquest source version was updated 25/7, the redguide version is 13/7. Are we waiting for a new build?

Cheers

We are working on converting all of our plugins to the new format that is required with the 7/25/16 MQ2 Release. Its a big with over 80 plugins. We hope to have it released in a few days.

The newest MQ2 build required a lot of source changes and effected every plugin. We are in the process of updating and testing all the plugins. This will take a while so I am not sure when the next MQ2 Vanilla version will be released.

I am not sure what would be causing the other problems.

Ahhh, well then, that explains a few things. It's weird tho, only a couple of my toons are experiencing the blank unfocusable MQ2Win issue. I thought it was because I had it minimized on those toons, which I had never done before.

First time user here, I have used MQ2 compiled from source without problem before.

I have downloaded, installed and successfully updated Very very vanilla. When I run EQ (using eqgame /patchme), I get your windows detailing update history at the char select. All looks good there. However when I log in, all my chat screens are blank. I can't set focus in the chat area. I never see the 'Integrity' message in the MQ window.

If I compile my own MQ2 from the Macroquest site, it all works fine. Though obviously without all your lovely macros

I notice that the Macroquest source version was updated 25/7, the redguide version is 13/7. Are we waiting for a new build?

Cheers

Two thoughts:
Have you tried to refresh injections, after you get in the game. This is solved many a weird problem for me.
There was a similar post a while back, og course I can't find it now, it had something to do with one of mq2nav/mq2navigation plugins. I forget exactly what, something about the UI window covering part of the screen, and not showing properly, I think...

- - - Updated - - -

Incognito for the win by minutes... I need to learn to type faster....

Hi, thanks for all the suggestions. I just reinstalled and got it working. Only thing I think I might have ballsed up was selecting the uifiles folder instead of uifiles/default. There is an autocleric folder under uifiles which makes me think that yes, all my fault.

So Incognito, you might want to check that setting on those two toons

CHeers all

Problem - Chat windows broken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back