• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Chat text highlighting (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,284¢
I was wondering if there's anyway with MQ to highlight text chat in EQ ? Specifically responding to takes xxx damage from YOUR dot/dd/etc.

Melee is easy to split but I've always had issues with being able to both Parse and see my own dots, this is quite possibly me just being a noob though !

if you are just looking to watch your own damage... have you tried just making a new window... right clicking on the title bar of the window for a pop-up menu... scrolling down to spells and selecting "mine"?

this ought to isolate just your spells, including your own DoT damage. You may want to also include "worn off" messages there so you know when your DoTs roll off. As well as Criticals.

Alternatively you can go into the Options window... under Filters... select "Spell Damage" and change it to "Show Mine Only".... do the same with Spell Criticals... then your client wont display anyone else's spell damage but your own, no matter the chat window set up.

The issue isn't about being able to filter, but being able to show it all for parsing. I have a window that is Only for my dots, but it picks up others as well because it is not set to filter out other peoples dots.

Change the color filters in your eq client. There are options for separate color for your spells outgoing, spells incoming, etc. Play with those and you will likely find what you are looking for.

Question - Chat text highlighting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back