• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Chase Loot TBL - can it still be relevant with newer augs? (1 Viewer)

hermanshepard

RedCents
30¢
I was curious if the chase loot from TBL could still be relevant (if you don't have raid evolve) with any aug groupings due to the new 18/19 augs.

It probably isn't but- thought I'd ask.

On my caster main, I use 4 melee proc and 4 caster proc augs. I have the cloak and TOV ear, and have 1 TBL evolving piece left equipped.

I think it's worth it for casters. Meleeing on them in raids helps guarantee you're in range of squall/splash/alliance healing, and gives you "free" DPS.

If you arent in current era raid gear, I'd be willing to bet everyone would slightly benefit from 1 piece at least, just because you're losing ~1k HEM for 3 slot 18/19 (which should now always be better), but its reaching the point of use whichever you get first and if you dont have the tbl gear, its not worth going out of your way to get it unless you have nothing else to do.

As an example, a melee dps going from blood-soaked to tbl for shoulder/finger would be trading: 10 luck, ~700 HP and ~600 EM on blood-soaked to pick up 21hdex and a melee proc (and thats just using Dire + RZ enhancement + 7dex proc aug).

Rangers are still wearing 2-3 pieces over current era raid gear though, and the only reason they arent also running gloves is because the raid glove focus finally beats the tbl glove focus by enough to matter.

Last edited:
Acolytes Selenelion share loregroup with whispering midnight (TBL type 18), so preference for 18s slot is the selenelion stuff.
unless you have raid unlocked on cloak , then you only have 1 type 19 slot, which would be taken by the devotee’s selenelion Aug. So unless you have RZ ear (which is probably full of RZ 18s and 19s, and you have other TBL pieces, then I’d suggest the answer is NO , the TBL 18s and 19s aren’t much use.

Chase Loot TBL - can it still be relevant with newer augs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back