• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Chars buffing outside group (1 Viewer)

freeferli

RedCents
831¢
I have a higher level enchanter (86) that I want to buff my lower level characters (~60), but not group with them.
He has a lot of group buffs (some can not be applied yet because of the lower chars level).

I am wondering if there is a good way have him join the group, group buff them, then leave the group when buffs wear off.

Last edited:
No easy automatic way to make him join/leave. MQ2 can certainly do it, just not a feature of KissAssist.

If the chanter has Tranquil Blessings, he can run KA to buff himself and use that AA to mass group buff around and hit the low levels.
INI:
[Buffs]
Buffs1=Vallon's Quickening|mgb
Buffs2=Voice of Quellious|mgb

I can't think a macro besides the guild buff bot that does it, but there is also code out there that would let the low levels send tells to the enchanter and get buffs. It's not built into KA though.

Last edited:
Would be interesting as a "PL" technique as well at low levels, Shaman autoinvites to grp, casts low lvl "puma" spell on character and then disbands. Rinse & repeat.

The chanter can be setup to buff characters that are out of group, You just have to have all the characters running KISS, including the chanter, and they all must be running from the same MQ2 instance.

The chanter can be setup to buff characters that are out of group, You just have to have all the characters running KISS, including the chanter, and they all must be running from the same MQ2 instance.

Honestly, even when that was true for me I had issues having the groups buff each other. Unless a mod or fix was put into place in the last 4 months or so.

Honestly, even when that was true for me I had issues having the groups buff each other. Unless a mod or fix was put into place in the last 4 months or so.

It all boils down to what is in the kissassist_buffs.ini file, when the buffer reads the file. The buffer, if NOT in combat will check the ini file every 30 seconds, so there can be a delay.

It all boils down to what is in the kissassist_buffs.ini file, when the buffer reads the file. The buffer, if NOT in combat will check the ini file every 30 seconds, so there can be a delay.

Which is written to whenever a toon buffs, right?

Nope. The kissassist_buffs.ini file is updated, by each individual toon, with the buffs they currently have. Also consider that the buffs file is ONLY updated and read while NOT in combat. The Buffs file is updates from several locations, not just the buffs routine.

working on a new macro called groupassistant, its based on treehuggingdruids keeptoonbuffed.

It will follow your team around and buff with whatever buffs you have memmed, heal with up to 2 heals you have memmed, a feature i would like to put in, is slow if you character is able and has aa for it, and snare if your character has aa and is able.

but work in progress

so question....i just down loaded the software...watch the vidoes. I did the old cleric /warrior team just like on the video. What I can i do to get my cleric to buff right after the buff wear off? The rebuff in the ini file was set to 20. I set it to 10 and it still took awhile. Im not sure if setting it to 5 would help. Any idea from you guros would be great. I will be having a 4 man team and i just trying to get the kinks out. Also on quest turns ...we have to do it individually per character in out group right?

Last edited:
Question - Chars buffing outside group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back